It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Rudy Defends Oxycontin, Cites Wife as Pot Expert"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...

This is an interesting read from a blogger who questioned Rudy on his stance on Pot. Mainly asking why he defends the use of Oxycontin or "Hillbilly Heroin" which is highly addictive and has killed several people, yet 800,000 Americans were locked up on pot related charges.

It is a good, brief read. And Rudy definitely comes off as a being in the pocket of the pharmacutical companies.

www.youtube.com...

Direct link to video

[edit on 13-11-2007 by Karlhungis]

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Well, bearing in mind the source is actually a blog - a personal he said she said, I have to wonder.

But a point is well taken by the blogger.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I agree that blogs are not the best choice for sources. However, in this case, the video is the exact incident that the blogger is talking about. Word for word, the questions and answers given.

I just watched it to verify. And a part that just irks me is when he says that everything that people claim to benefit from the use of Marijuana can ge attained by a number of existing drugs.

So, it is better for someone to take pill after pill of addictive chemicals to achieve the same results from Marijuana? Why not get hooked on pain pills and destroy your liver in the process, when there is a natural alternative?

This would all be so much less insulting if they would just go on record and tell the truth. We care more about the money than we care about the patients. There is too much money to be lost if we were to legalize Marijuana.

new topics

join