It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The BBC- last bastion of free speach in the UK, is on the verge of collapse!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 04:22 AM
link   
The BBC, the only non-commercial media organisation in the UK is under increasing attack from the government. The Hutton Report released this week, investigating the supposed suicide of Weapons Inspector and Government Advisor Dr. David Kelly, concluded that the BBC was to blame for releasing his name as the source of a claim of Journalist Andrew Giligan that the government had 'sexed up' its dossier on the WMD situation in Iraq. Kelly committed suicide because he believed he had been disgraced.

The Hutton Report was scandelously one sided, no doubt the government and the elite has been using dirty tricks to ensure the BBC came out as the villains in this, and Tony Blair and his cabiney squeaky clean. When you couple this with the accuasations of deteriorating program quality and wasting of license fees, it is easy to see that the British Broadcasting Corperation's days are numbered.

Then we will be left with the privately owned ITV, Channel 4, 5, and Sky channels which are run by media moguls with connections to the Elite that can be read about anywhere in this forum.

I personally believe that Kelly was killed. There have been testimonies from friends and relatives who say that he warned that he would be 'found dead in the woods' and others who say he would never kill himself, having a good relationship with his familly. All of this is a brilliantly engineered plot to destroy the BBC and restore faith in an increasingly unpopular Labour government. In the next few months and years, the BBC will suffer terribly.

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Bollocks

The BBC is nowhere near the verge of collapsing, sure it's taken a blow to its integrity but thats it, the government won't rewrite its charter to suit them as an action like that would be seen by the public as a neutering operation on the beeb and would be stopped relatively quickly.

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 08:14 AM
link   
The writing's on the wall.

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 08:22 AM
link   
What writing? What wall?

The status quo ante has been reached, nothing further will happen from the governments side, only the bbc will get to complain now.

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Perhaps the BBC will not collapse but it's independent view may.

I've seen a Labour MP calling for the privatisation of the BBC and I never thought I'd see that.

That same MP (Sion Simon) said that News 24 should not be in competition with SKY.

Funny how Sky is owned by Murdoch and so is The Sun which leaked the report(alledgedly from a high ranking Government Minister with no direct interest in it's result,not that any minister had no interest in the result)

I used to buy The Times every day.I have decided not to buy it again as my support for the BBC's independence is incompatable with putting money in Rupert Murdoch's pocket.

I think that someone should legally challenge The Hutton Report.I'm aquainted with the evidence that was submitted.I am also aware that the Government made a late submission which has not been released.

I think Hutton should release this late submission so that the people,90% of whom believe the report is bias and just plain wrong,can judge whether Hutton has been accurate or whether tax payer's money has been used to buy a propaganda coup by Blair.

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by lordlefty
All of this is a brilliantly engineered plot to destroy the BBC and restore faith in an increasingly unpopular Labour government. In the next few months and years, the BBC will suffer terribly.

Well it's been spectacularly unsuccessful then. Everyone, including most of the main newspapers in the Uk, believe Hutton's report to be a laughable whitewash. It could have been written by Alastair Campbell himself.

The government has sustained serious damage over this and the whole thing has only served to re-open calls for enquiries into several aspects of the Iraq war.

This whole thing - Kelly's death included - was caused by one thing - a government completely which is so obsessed about its public image (almost to the point of insanity) that it hugely over re-acted to one reporter's comment broadcast at 6.07am on one radio programme.

The whole Kelly thing and the subsequent Hutton enquiry stems from the government's arch paranoia, fuelled by Alastair Campbell who is little more than an intellectual thug.

Campbell and Blair are directly responsible for Kelly's death and this will be a major factor in the latter's downfall. Voters are sick of his 'rictus grin' lying, his own party loathes him and even his own MPs are rebelling. He's finished.

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Exactly. It is trying to obtain a better public image, and will even use such dirty tricks as this. When your as pessamistic as me, it all makes sense.

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   
BBC crumbling? One can only hope...

new topics

top topics

join