It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force to practice Urban Warfare in my Backyard

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   

TONOPAH -- First Pahrump was the setting for an invasion of aliens from outer space in the UFO spoof, "Mars Attacks."

Now it will be the setting of an Iraqi city, like Mosul or Baghdad, as the U.S. Air Force holds a series of urban close air support training exercises five to six times in the coming year.

Read more at link below.....

www.pahrumpvalleytimes.com...

I guess we don't have to worry about getting bombed or strafed and their not going to use lasers. The pilots will not be carring weapons of any sort, neither will the ground forces.
That's a good thing!
There's supposed to be minimal noise too.

The public can't be banned from the site, but the press isn't invited to observe the proceedings. Doe's this mean I can't take pictures?

I don't want 'em taking my camera away.
Wonder if our Sheriff would know? I've got a gut feeling it's gonna be a whole lot Noisier and they will fly a lot Lower then what's stated! Just A Hunch.

[edit on 11/12/2007 by MountainStar]

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I'm no law expert or adviser.

However; if oyu photograph from inside your accomodation or out of a window I would guarentee your safety and your possesions safety more than I would with you being outside.

I'd love to see some pics and I'm sure alot of others here would.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainStar

Cool. LOL
We have something similar here; except it is training for winter in Afganistan. I get to hear tanks blowing things up all the time....
At first it startled me. Now I dont even notice it anymore.

Even though I live on base, I am still not allowed to take pictures of this stuff. I had security forces drive me thru it once (I was doing a ride along). Pretty cool.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I'm going to have to come out and visit with you sometime MorningStar! You seem to always have interesting things happening around your home... Never a dull moment with you,
anyway that will be interesting, do you think you could get footage from your property? If you could it would be legal, as for going to the location and shooting, hum better clear that one first if you dont want to loose your expensive equipment. When is this suppose to happen?

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Hi antar it starts November 27th through the 29th. Then their supposed to do it again 6 times through the coming year. I thought I heard airforce jets last night tho flying fairly low.
Yes, this is an interesting place. Open-carry guns, brothels, exotic animal owners, & corruption. Some things Not so good!
Pahrump is an unincorporated town and *they* have a tendency to make up their own rules at taxpayer's expense. I'm thinking they will fly over us, because of the flight path to Las Vegas. I'll send a UFO to pick you up.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Ok they started up! They are flying high over me so far.
I think I seen the Stealth.
Not low enough to get a good
photo tho.
The noise isn't too bad and I don't see any
ground movement yet.

new topics

top topics

join