It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These Star Ratings.......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Hi Chaps and Chappettes!

Just a quick question and, >gasp

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I'm not sure that there's a purpose for it other than expressing that you agree or feel that it was a well laid out post.

Perhaps a star can be worth an ATS point? or BTS, or AP, depending on which one you're on.

Or, if not that, maybe we could have a system like YouTube with the thumbs up and thumbs down for posts. I'm sure some immature person will go around giving people thumbs down for no reason, but it doesn't really count for anything, so it's not a big deal.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Great idea! It certainly would make for a better gauge of quality posters than the points alone.

Or it could lead to more drama-type posts fishing for stars. Everything is double-edged...

Originally posted by stumason
And why has my little pic in my sig stopped working? It is in my member upload area....

Yeah I've been getting that, too. I've given up on the Member Upload space. Now I use imageshack/photobucket in conjunction with the [ats] tag.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma
Great idea! It certainly would make for a better gauge of quality posters than the points alone.

Or it could lead to more drama-type posts fishing for stars. Everything is double-edged...

We did have that problem with members voting on ATSNN stories. If a story was against their "political leanings", especially if it was critical of US policy, or America in general, they'd vote it down, regardless whether it was truth or not.

I even had half a dozen "No" votes for my ATSNN article breaking the 7th July London Bomb attacks!!

I'm sure though, that with the huge member base, a few idiots wouldn;t be able to skew results that badly. Especially if you only could give a star anyway. if there is no "anti-star", then there shouldn't be a problem.

I vote "Yes on Proposition: League Table!!"

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma

Originally posted by stumason
And why has my little pic in my sig stopped working? It is in my member upload area....

Yeah I've been getting that, too. I've given up on the Member Upload space. Now I use imageshack/photobucket in conjunction with the [ats] tag.

I have never used anything other than the member upload space for images and I've never had a problem. I probably have over 500 images hosted on the ATS servers and looking at my past posts, everything seems to be working fine.

As far as the stars go, It would be nice to see a running total of your stars for that month under the points in our area to the side of each post. Perhaps the member with the most stars at the end of a month could get a point bonus awarded and a little medallion to display under their name for the following month.

top topics

join