It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revealed: Pentagon's $100M Space Missile

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Revealed: Pentagon's $100M Space Missile

rawstory.com

Buried in the 621-page House-Senate conference report on the Defense Department appropriations bill -- and page A19 of Monday's Washington Post, is a $100 million request to enhance space warfare.

The House and Senate also added $100 million beyond Bush's request for "space situational awareness," legal jargon for protecting US satellites in space and being able to attack "the enemy's satellites."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.washingtonpost.com

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Star Wars is reborn.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   
100 million is such a small amount of money in regards to space, I can't imagine that it is for anything significant. Really, I would imagine it would cost WAY more than that to retrofit a single sattelite for any type of attacking function.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
100 million is such a small amount of money in regards to space

Very true, but I believe the story indicates that the $100 million was an add-on to a budget which already has enough finance to protect ours and attack thiers.

[edit on (11/12/07) by AllSeeingI]

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Who's to say we don't already have "capable" sats, up there now, they just aren't loaded...

ugh weaponizing space.. when will it end..

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
We have to weaponize space to protect us from the aliens.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Announced in the UK today that we're following a bunch of other countries such as russia, in building our own type of GPS system. I wonder if this is related somehow.

Of course some of the politicians here are pissed, they dont see why we need to pay for something we already get for free. But i think thats the exact point, our military cant rely on technology which isn't under their control, if America intentionally or not turns it off, we'd have more than a few problems, and the more we rely on this technology the worse it would be. 20 years down the road it could completely disable a country and its military if America decided to lock them out of the GPS system.

And to the guy saying about protecting from an alien threat, lol just lol. Always makes me laugh when i think of our clumsy attempts to provide any kind of defense against technology like they must have. No matter how much money you throw at star wars, it's basically just a thing floating in space which can shoot stuff. How long is that going to go unmolested if we decided to use it against some UFOS? Star wars is all about wars on the ground, not for ones in space.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace

Yeah, except the barrel is pointed the other way

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace

your the "princeofpeace" and you say we have to weaponize space?

anyways i would think that aliens would laugh at us. if they had mastered space travel what makes you think they dont have weapons MANY times stronger than ours?
earth is still primitive when it comes to space travel.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
um whos to say they arent a completely peaceful race that has never had a reason to build weapons? anyway is this FY 2007 or 2008 bill i want to verify that its in there.

[edit on 12-11-2007 by justanothergangster]

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   
That would be quite humorous to see us weaponize space to protect against "the aliens," only to have some alien race come along and completely obliterate all of it.

I'd laugh.

Maybe some extraterrestrial being needs to come smack us around to get us on the right track. Our current track is not good.

Our world is basically being turned into one big tracking grid armed to the teeth in weaponry just waiting for one small fire to be lit before the whole thing goes up in flames.

$100 million for space weaponry is $100 million too much. How about we explore the Universe and learn about it for educational purposes rather than learning to suit the interests of the powers that be? I know that sounds like a crazy investment because it doesn't involve blowing something up, but bare with me.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   
We need to fight the aliens up there so we dont have to fight them here
If we left space they would follow us home!!!

Sorry,had to take the obvious route and compare that to the "war on terror" sound bytes

Like others said,$100 million isnt much. A B-2 costs $1 billion i think. Besides,lets be practical here. Space IS going to be weaponized. You would have to be foolish to think it isnt. Even humanity's model of a perfect world in star trek has weapons. All of earths people united. You still need defense.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Could this be the first step of weaponzing space or the last step of disclosure? Lots of talk about UFOs and Aliens on TV lately. CNN has been playing a lot of stuff.

A UFO researcher, forget her name, has been quoted saying that after space is weaponized a false flag alien attack will be set up by the powers that be.

Anyone think this is a possibility? I'm not sure I do just throwing the idea out there.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by drflux
your the "princeofpeace" and you say we have to weaponize space?

After a short while here, you'll realise he is anything but!

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I have often wondered if we haven't all ready messed around with other countries satallites using the shuttle. It would be pretty easy using the robotic arm to pull it into the shuttle bay and put a tap on it.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by wsamplet
I have often wondered if we haven't all ready messed around with other countries satallites using the shuttle. It would be pretty easy using the robotic arm to pull it into the shuttle bay and put a tap on it.

People would know straight away if their satellites had been tampered with.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by wsamplet

For some reason, that's the first exotic or secret space mission theory I might actually believe is happening.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Like stumason said, I think it would be known rather quickly if your satelite was being tampered with. I know absolutely nothing on the subject though, just a guess. I could be wrong.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
If I can tell if someone is interfering with my equipment here on Earth (I work in Telecoms), then I'd bet a whole months wages they can tell if someone buggers about with their sat's.

Also, they know if the orbit changes instantly too, so they'd definitely know if the shuttle grabbed it and pulled it in.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason
Not so mush of the pulling it in but placing another near it, intercepting and retransmitting another signal to the NSA or such. The ability to monitor it in certain ways.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join