It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FoxNews' Brian Kilmeade Calls For Terrorist Car Bombings In Iran

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
It's still not really the issue. You and others here are only in an uproar because this happened on FOX news. You don't think comments like this get made on other networks as well? If this had been said by someone at CNN or another MSM source, nobody would care. It might get a little mention, but nothing more.

I'm sorry to point this out but you are quite wrong. If ANY news station said to use terrorism as a means, I would go through the roof as I am now.

BTW, when did NEWS become a platform for spouting ANYTHING but the NEWS?

This is not about the comments or anything else, it's just about using FOX news as a scapegoat for the "impeach Bush", "war is evil" crowd to point their fingers at.

And you say we have an agenda and use progaganda. Jeez.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
If you listen to FOX we should all be hiding in our houses

A frightened population is an easily controlled population. Just look at the USSR, Nazi Germany, or any other tyrranical state. They use fear to control.

Oh, BTW, it's also used by religions.

Any coincidence that we have the fundamentalists running the country now?

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Just so you know Nyck...for me it's about BOTH. I abhor the comments, no matter the source, I am also aghast at the hypocracy.

BUT...If FOX gives me the ammunition, I am more than happy to load my gun and take aim. I think they are wreckless in their use of facts and, as such, dangerous to our country. Their core audience is ripe for the picking and easily stirred up in the name of Patriotism.

Before you get personal, you should know that I formerly supported Bush, bought Bill O'Reilly's first book and used to listen to Hannity. Sorry, but it's the ugly truth, wish I had a more glamourous lie... but when you know better, you do better.

[edit on 13/11/07 by kosmicjack]

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Kilmeade never advocated action against civilians. He suggested we arm the militants inside Iran so that they could attack the Iranian gov't.

What's wrong with that? Every day here on ATS I read where someone advocates the removal of our administration. Every day.

So why it is so wrong when the same standard is applied to Iran's leaders?

As was mentioned, why do you not condemn CNN and MSNBC for their extreme liberal bias? Is bias a good thing only when it sings your song?

Kilmeade is an American citizen. He has the right to free speech. You may not like what he says, but that's too bad for you. I personally don't like it when Jimmy Carter grovels in Venezuela either, but that's his right.

Originally posted by 16kram
Kilmead is a moron, as are his morning show partners. I too have heard some pretty far out things on Fox News - heard one talking head say that protesters at soldier’s funerals (who would do that?) should get the death penalty.

You must be new, or young. Here's a lead for you on "who would do that". Take a look at this site:

www.westborobaptistchurch.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Kilmeade never advocated action against civilians. He suggested we arm the militants inside Iran so that they could attack the Iranian gov't.

He advocated setting off car bombs. Car bombs will involve civilians unless it's a very well placed bomb. Something tells me it won't be. The goal is to send Iran into chaos, not simply attack the government.

What's wrong with that? Every day here on ATS I read where someone advocates the removal of our administration. Every day.

How many wars is Iran in?

We're talking about removing OUR administration. That's OUR constitutional right. Who the hell gave us the right to go removing others' administrations?

It's just become so normal to you for us to go policing the world and removing anyone we don't approve of that it doesn't seem like a problem to you.

Because that's none of our business and he hasn't attacked us.

As was mentioned, why do you not condemn CNN and MSNBC for their extreme liberal bias?

Already been answered.

Kilmeade is an American citizen. He has the right to free speech.

I'm an American citizen too. If I was standing in the middle of Washington saying I'm going to set off car bombs, I'd be arrested. Is free speech only applicable when it sings your song?

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by BitRaiser
I will always let my own morality be my compass in my personal choices. By saying you are willing to be so simple minded as to just "pick a side", you are saying that you support everything your "side" does, right or wrong.

I will NOT submit myself to that. I claim the freedom to criticize based upon the actions of others. I will not allow bias to cloud my judgment when facing the real serious issues of corruption, lies, and unabashed greed that plague our Western Society, yet I remain firmly a proud Canadian.

I suggest to you that your attitude is a cop-out. It's taking the easy path by letting others do your thinking for you. It's an attitude I have absolutely no respect for.

So basically what you are saying is you are unwilling to commit yourself to any cause, but feel the need to criticize all sides of an issue as you see fit, and so what does anyone gain from this?

Have you ever been a leader of a group of people? As the group grows which you lead you can’t have everyone deciding their own personal choices. Nothing would ever get done, and so that is why you have a leader. When you pick a leader you should follow that leader and if that leader needs replacing then you do that too. I do not agree with everything my nation does but I still support my nation 100%. To waffle around on issues because they are not popular gets you nowhere, and to not support your leaders basically says you have no faith in their abilities, but your inactions will still has consequences.

So 52% of the country votes for Bush and 48% do not, so does this mean that the 48% just quits and decides to sit back and wait until they get their choice in office? I find your path the easier of the two for you basically do not need to do a damn thing. You get to pick and choose what ever just happens to be convenient for you, or just sit back and watch at your leisure totally uncommitted. Don’t mistake this for some moral badge of honor when in reality you need not lift a finger to accomplish it.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   

But we don't say we want to car bomb Bush out of office.
Oh and we don't go on our news channels 'fair and balanced' morning shows to say these things instead of reporting actual news.

You know, what news channels are supposed to be for.
News.

Crazy idea to report news on a news channel huh?

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   

So, he's advocating another Iran Contra Scandal?

I see no big improvement there.

en.wikipedia.org...

What's wrong with that?

Everything. It's not our country to mess with. Or would you like China comming over here and administering their form of government onto us?

Every day here on ATS I read where someone advocates the removal of our administration. Every day.

The difference is: we don't broadcast to millions of people who listen to every word we say as if it were the gospel truth.

Because he is not an Iranian citizen. If he were, then it would be different IMO.

As was mentioned, why do you not condemn CNN and MSNBC for their extreme liberal bias? Is bias a good thing only when it sings your song?

For one: this is not about biassness. It is about someone spouting that terrorism should be used to counter terrorism.

Kilmeade is an American citizen.

Exactly. So, he has NO right calling for anything other than what HIS country is doing.

He has the right to free speech.

No he doesn't. I can't call for the assassination of Bush. I'd be put in the slammer for my "free speech". We have free speech as long as we speak in line with the current laws. That in itself nullifies "free speech" as it is not totally "free".

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi

He advocated setting off car bombs. Car bombs will involve civilians unless it's a very well placed bomb. Something tells me it won't be. The goal is to send Iran into chaos, not simply attack the government.

Iran is a state sponsor of terrorism.

How many wars is Iran in?

Directly or by proxy?

We're talking about removing OUR administration. That's OUR constitutional right.

Our right is change by ballot box. How does you advocating violent removal of our administration make you any better than Kilmead?

Because that's none of our business and he hasn't attacked us.

And we haven't attacked Iran. But Iran has attacked us in Iraq by supplying the terrorists there with arms and training.

Kilmeade is an American citizen. He has the right to free speech.

I'm an American citizen too. If I was standing in the middle of Washington saying I'm going to set off car bombs, I'd be arrested. Is free speech only applicable when it sings your song?

Doesn't work that way. You should be saying, "If I was standing in the middle of Tehran"...

Which happens quite frequently over there, btw.

Regardless, protestors here in America frequently carry signs saying "Down with America!" and shouting for revolution. Should they be arrested?

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by BitRaiser
Absolutely disgusting.
That man should be arrested under the laws of the Patriot Act for supporting a terrorist agenda... possibly becoming the first good use of those draconian laws.

How positively hypocritical. You despise the law, but promote its use as long as its used against someone on "the other side", in this case, one of the big nasty "neo-cons".

You're against the Patriot Act or you're not. Which is it?

Hypocrite.

[edit on 11/13/2007 by darkbluesky]

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   

And we haven't attacked Iran. But Iran has attacked us in Iraq by supplying the terrorists there with arms and training.

Please provide proof of this without a shadow of a doubt before we go car bombing anyone. Or do you believe it because FOX told you so?

Which happens quite frequently over there, btw.

So. Again, who do you think you are to police the world?

If their citizens are sick of it, they'll do it themselves. Or should we (the colonists) have waited until France liberated us from England?

"Down with America!" and shouting for revolution. Should they be arrested?

Revolution does NOT equate to violence.

rev·o·lu·tion /ˌrɛvəˈluʃən/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[rev-uh-loo-shuhn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1. an overthrow or repudiation and the thorough replacement of an established government or political system by the people governed.

Please show me were violence is mentioned. The only mention is the second definition listed which says "often accompanied by violence". Often is not 100% of the time.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I don't know what the heck is going on here, but he makes no mention of using car bombs against civilians, he mentions about arming groups to cause havoc against the Iranian govt. and the military. He mentions that groups in Iran should start using IEDs against the Iranians as the Iranians provided IEDs for Iraqi Shiites, never mentioned about using car bombs. This is BS.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Not true. He was advocating attacking unspecified cars "their cars". One can assume he means official Iranian military or government cars since he compares them to "our humvees"

Partial quote...."Could thier cars start blowing up like our humvees are blowing up?"

He is clearly referring to the Iranan supplied shaped charges planted on roadsides in Iraq that are being used to blow up US military vehicles, he is NOT talking about packing cars with explosives and driving them into crowds and killing civilians...

Anyone with an 8th grade reading comprehension level should be able to understand this.

[edit on 11/13/2007 by darkbluesky]

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Griff

Originally posted by Griff

So, he's advocating another Iran Contra Scandal?

I see no big improvement there.

What you see is irrelevant. Kilmead is merely a private citizen, perfectly free to espouse his own viewpoints.

Getting your knickers in a knot over what a private citizen says is a waste of time and will only frustrate you.

What's wrong with that?

Everything. It's not our country to mess with. Or would you like China comming over here and administering their form of government onto us?

Guess what, Griff? Recent reports have shown that Chinese espionage in the US is at an all-time high.

China's Big Export

The difference is: we don't broadcast to millions of people who listen to every word we say as if it were the gospel truth.

It is not Fox New's responsibilty to teach people what to learn, or believe. Nor is it the duty of some supermarket rag that talks about aliens and UFO's. It's your own responsibility.

For one: this is not about biassness. It is about someone spouting that terrorism should be used to counter terrorism.

There are may theories on how to fight terrorism. Using counter-terrorism is one, and a damn good one, imo. Kowtowing and apologizing for terrorists is another, weakling method.

Kilmeade is an American citizen.

Exactly. So, he has NO right calling for anything other than what HIS country is doing.

Totally, 100% wrong!!

He has every right to say whatever he wants about Iran. You have no right to stop him.

You are so quick to defend Chavez when he trash-talks the US. Yet you can't see why Kilmead has a right to the 1st Amendment.

He has the right to free speech.

No he doesn't. I can't call for the assassination of Bush. I'd be put in the slammer for my "free speech". We have free speech as long as we speak in line with the current laws. That in itself nullifies "free speech" as it is not totally "free".

As I said, it depends on where you sit. If you were in Iran and called for Bush's assassination, you'd be hailed as a hero.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Griff

Please provide proof of this without a shadow of a doubt before we go car bombing anyone. Or do you believe it because FOX told you so?

I do use Fox News as a source occassionally. I don't remember whether it was in this instance.

Regardless, there have been numerous instances of Iran supplying the insurgency with weaponry, as well as launching rockets into northern Iraq.

Here's one example. For other examples, do your homework. Google is your friend.

BTW, this is from MSNBC.

Iran Reportedly Bombs Villages In Northern Iraq

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

"One thing we could do...could we start arming the uh...anti-goverment groups inside Iran? Could their cars start blowing up like our Humvees are blowing up, maybe in Teran, so they wouldn't be doing it in Baghdad?"

What else could "arming the anti-goverment groups" so the Iranian goverment's cars "start blowing up like our Humvees are blowing up" don't you understand? Who has been the number one casualty of IEDs in Iraq?

[edit on 13-11-2007 by DJMessiah]

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Iran is a state sponsor of terrorism.

Based on what? Can you provide proof?

We're a state sponsor of terrorism too. We're advocating blowing up cars in Iran, we've armed the Kurds, we arm Israel. That's terrorism.

Oh wait...they're on our side, so they're not terrorists. I forgot.

Directly or by proxy?

I assume the proxy war you're referring to is Iraq, so please provide proof that that's going on.

Our right is change by ballot box. How does you advocating violent removal of our administration make you any better than Kilmead?

Wrong. We have the right to remove them by force. What do you think the right to bear arms is for?

Violent removal of our administration is different than violent removal of their administration. Let the people of Iran remove them violently if they wish. It's none of our business.

But Iran has attacked us in Iraq by supplying the terrorists there with arms and training.

Proof?

Doesn't work that way. You should be saying, "If I was standing in the middle of Tehran"...

It does work that way, you just want to dodge the question.

Regardless, protestors here in America frequently carry signs saying "Down with America!" and shouting for revolution. Should they be arrested?

Very few Americans chant "Down with America". We're pissed off at the government. Our country and our government are two different things.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbluesky
One can assume he means official Iranian military or government cars since he compares them to "our humvees"

One can assume that if one wants that to be true.

He is clearly referring to the Iranan supplied shaped charges planted on roadsides in Iraq that are being used to blow up US military vehicles, he is NOT talking about packing cars with explosives and driving them into crowds and killing civilians...

I didn't say driving them into crowds. Now you're putting words in my mouth.

Those roadside bombs kill civilians as well.

Anyone with an 8th grade reading comprehension level should be able to understand this.

That's what I'm saying. So what's the problem?

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
If you count the number of civilian and other innocent deaths as a direct result of armed agression, America is by FAR the worlds greatest terrorist nation, hands down. We try and justify this by saying that we are the ' best ' or that we are ' right ' because some crooked politicians says so.

America is GONE people..when will you realize this? When will it sink in that we are no better than anyone else on earth, we do not radiate with some special aura that tells others that Americans are coming...we do NOT have any attributes that could be called exemplary any more. Many of us remember the 50's and 60's and the flag being waved, and worries about nuclear war were always on our minds, unlike today.

We always were told that God loved Amercans especially and that we were the best people on earth and that we were good and all the others who disagreed with us were bad..simple. But the truth is not so easy to swallow: The USA is now nothing more or less than another corporate entity run with international bankers and conglomerates as a proftmaking enterprise for the few at the top. The old teary eyed patriotism that used to make us ' proud ' to be an American is not replaced with a new ideal:

The new way says that we are the only nation able and willing to fight the deadly scourge of ' terrorism ' and change the whole world in doing so, as we wish, where we wish, when we wish, with NO regard for the borders of other nations and no regard for the desires of the people who live there. Iraq was FAR better off before the Neocons decided to take it using 9-11 as an excuse; there was and is NO proof of any connection but they knew that and simply did NOT CARE. The issue was taking Iraq for oil and strategic significance as well as Iran and Syria, all wrapped up neatly and presented to Israel as a present before the Neocons allow any others to occupy the Oval Office.

I believe to the bottom of my being that Bush and Cheney and the Neocons at the heart of all this are truly evil men, guided by the most corrupt and sickening ideals, they shame the human race with their immoral outlooks and lust for power and riches at any cost, using petty excuses that have no basis in reality for their evil deeds. There has NEVER in American history been a group at the helm of America who is so bankrupt morally and in every other way that they shame us by being there as representatives of us.

I am ASHAMED to be an American in this day and age: We are hated around the world..not the common man, but the leaders who are so OBVIOUSLY bad men and evil men and opnly concerned with themselves and their cronies. How many bald faced lies can Bush tell before someone finds out? How many kids must die in Iraq and elsewhere before someone says: " Hey, it is all a lie!!" It was all a lie, and we all know it. The sick O'Reilly's and Kilmeads of this world will say that its Ok to murder and maim as long as it is US that is doing it!! Sick and getting sicker.

America USED to have a soul, a conscience: our soldiers on the front did not rape and murder with no regard for decency and human life..they did not shoot women and kids in their homes as ' payback ' for military losses. We USED to be known as the most compassionate and kind people on earth, always there to help in an emergency. But now we cannot even take care of our own, as in New Orleans, etc. The Bush gang doesn't want the area filled with por black folks, they want development and new condos for the rich!! It sickens the soul to think of how far we have fallen, and so fast too.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by eyewitness86

If I could, I'd give you an applause for that post.

Very nice post! Starred!

[edit on 11/13/07 by NovusOrdoMundi]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join