It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are these facilities at Wright-Patterson AFB?(lots of imagery)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Well I have been loving the Microsoft Virtual Earth Free program and its Birds Eye view feature is simply incredible and reveals details in Sat imagery Ive never seen before. However too view the links below each pic in Birds Eye view you must install Virtual Earth as i couldnt capture the images. But IMO the details are well worth it and much better than the ones posted.

Anyways can someone tell me what exactly the 3 facilities at the huge Wright-Patterson AFB pic'd and linked are.
Ive heard cryo controlled and super cooling support facilities too Alien support and hydrogen storage but would like too hear the ATS forums take.
And BTW the whole AFB is in Birds Eye detail and Must be seen too appreciate.

[img]

maps.live.com...

[img]

maps.live.com...

[img]

maps.live.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   
The geodysic domes with the triangular slits in the top remind me of optical telescopes. Or housings for a laser platform. . . . I am going to go for the telescope theory though. Maybe they are more concerned with near earth objects than they let on?

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I cant believe with the extremely high res images links only one person is interested in what these advanced looking and possibly secret structures At the Wright Patterson AFB are. Ive always thought our most advanced work and "finds" have been sent there seeing as how big their base actually is.
The rotation views in Birds Eye view is astounding on the last tower structure.
What are these? Anyone from WP AFB wanna chime in? Experts???
The Silo structures at each dome sight is odd too me as well.

[edit on 13-11-2007 by VType]

[edit on 13-11-2007 by VType]

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I'd say satellite receivers or radar or something like that. I know sometimes they house radars and electronics receivers in spherical housings to keep them out of the weather and stuff.

here's pics

[edit on 13-11-2007 by steve22]

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Very interesting photos, I feel like a spy trying to inspect them. To me they look like dome facilities used by NASA. They have same triangular construction. Can't see any openings in the roof to be positive though.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by VType

Errr! The panel structure is compatable with normal geodesic domes used to weather proof satellite antennas....being an Air Force Base and easily photographed as the Live Earth shots reflect, perhaps they are just that or even microwave antennas or radars?

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reeper
reply to post by VType

Errr! The panel structure is compatable with normal geodesic domes used to weather proof satellite antennas....being an Air Force Base and easily photographed as the Live Earth shots reflect, perhaps they are just that or even microwave antennas or radars?

Agreed most likely antenna housings. Whats wild is the Birds Eye view rotates 360 degrees for some spectacular details. Heres anothe one but this shows a front entrance to another domed shape facility.
maps.live.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 02:15 AM
link   
These are structures related to the recovered Flying Saucers which were taken to Wright-Patterson after the Roswell Incident. Gosh!!!

Actually, the first photos ARE covered Antennas. That last one? I couldn't tell you for sure. Its hexagonal; perhaps Richard C. Hoagland, author of Dark Mission, would like to chime in on it?

I too would like to know what purpose this structure serves in that last photo.

[edit on 19-11-2007 by CreeWolf]

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 02:19 AM
link   
The geodesic domes are nothing more than radar.

As for the third image, it seems like some sort of greenhouse perhaps, I couldn't honestly tell you, but yes, the domes are radar, I see them all the time at Buckley in Denver.

top topics

join