It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq detains top cop after bomb find

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Iraq detains top cop after bomb find

abc.net.au

Kerbala is home to one of the holiest cities in Shiite Islam and where Shiite factions are struggling for dominance. The US military transferred security responsibility for the province to Iraqi authorities late last month.

Kerbala police spokesman Rahman Emshawi said acting on a tip-off, a police rapid reaction force raided the home of Lieutenant-Colonel Hashem Chalub on Saturday night and seized a quantity of weapons and explosives.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Well this incident shows two things very clearly . The first is that arrests like this are more important then the high tech wizardly the US military relies on so heavily. The second thing worth noting is that no one has explained how this sort of thing should be prevented from happening.

Clearly the Iraqi security forces are undermined by such infiltrations . The only fix I can think of is abolish the Iraqi security force and start afresh with a proper screening and training program. On another note there is the possibility that the people that arrested Rahman are in his back pocket.

I don't want comments about the legality of the Iraq war and the other topics that have been done to death I want to discuss the topic at hand.

abc.net.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join