It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greer @ O.C. MUFON Presentation Nov 10: A ReCap/Pics

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+55 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Well, here's the way things transpired last night...

First off, I must say that I was pleasantly surprised with Greer's content and delivery. He's dropped all the "Gay Planets, levitation, and spaceship ride" banter, for this 2-hour talk at least, and spoke instead about continuing grass-roots disclosure efforts, international disclosure initiatives, and clandestine government reverse-engineering and alternative energy development projects.

Maybe he's taken a lot of heat for the L.A. "love-in" and recent $800 Greerstock Festivals in the mountains and deserts. Or it could be the relatively large, mostly conservative crowd in Orange County.

What I had assumed would be just a small, intimate gathering of UFO buffs assembled to listen to Greer was shattered when I pulled up nearly an hour early to try and snag a good seat and was greeted by 2 or 3 hundred people standing in line already in front of me. There was clearly a much bigger turnout than expected and they had to keep opening and expanding the hall to accommodate the continuous stream of people cramming into the large facility. My rough estimate puts attendance somewhere north of 1,000, with many sitting in aisles and standing along the walls. The photo below was taken while people were still pouring in.

Greer wore his trademark khakis and blue muscle shirt, and spoke a steady stream for two hours before taking another thirty minutes of Q & A. Some highlights of his talk included:
* Negotiations with a G8 country regarding imminent full public disclosure of that country’s UFO/Alien documents despite immense pressure from others to maintain the status quo of information suppression.
* A contract made with an inventor's consortium to bring some new type of alternative electromagnetic energy to market with a time-frame in months.
* A visit by Greer and a scientific team to a "secret location" on another continent where Greer and company physically examined Lilliputian Aliens (adults ~60cm, juveniles ~15-20cm).
* Substantial political discussion regarding the "military/industrial/laboratory" complex, as he put it, and the way they are forcing the economic/political state of the world. He was particularly incensed at the "dozen or so" men who are really controlling everything, he says, especially on the global reliance on oil to maintain their money and power - even at the cost of millions of lives and trillions of dollars through wars, hunger, pollution, etc. - most of which Greer says has been unnecessary for 50 or 60 years.
* Quite a few intriguing anecdotes and commentary regarding the "truth" as known to US Presidents from Truman onward, including the "meeting" Eisenhower had with Aliens, Kennedy's assassination "reasons", including the role played (or intended to be played) by Marilyn Monroe & JFK, Nixon - Watergate related to disclosure, Ford & Carter's "ultimatum", Reagan's "UN hints", Papa Bush/CIA, "W", Clinton - Greer left no stone unturned here. The drift was that most President's didn't know much, if anything, and when they tried to find out, were "visited" and told to shut up and back off or "end up like JFK".
* Greer spent some time talking about the "Secret/Shadow Gov't" - the same one Sen. Inouye (D-HI) was 'dead-on" about - (own rules, own budget, answers to no one) that are really in place to do the bidding of the money/oil/power cabal.
* He didn't do as much plugging of AERO as I expected, though he took the opportunity a few times to direct the audience to the AERO website to find out more about it - get involved ($?). Alternative/zero point/"borrowed" energy was a recurring theme in his talk, however.
* There was a new twist I haven't heard him expound on as much before regarding the "rising" of the people to force disclosure. He emphasized that the recent surveys showing 60%, 70% of the general public responding that they believe in extra-terrestrial life, UFO secrecy, etc., prove that there is enough of a majority now, a tide swell of interest and strong belief that will push for an achieve disclosure. Unlike years past, when believers were in a minority, Greer thinks that there are enough now, greater than 50% in any case, to tip disclosure into favor.

Unfortunately, IMO, Greer never cites the "studies" or "authorities" or "world leaders" or "secret government operatives" he is referencing other than to toss out a military rank, or just say "famous University", or "well-known official" - so it's still impossible to validate anything he is claiming. Tonight was no exception to that – though he did make his usual “it’s just around the corner” tease. I think his credibility will increase once we start having real people and genuine documents/artifacts/evidence to review for ourselves. But that's just me - it seems the audience, for the most part, was soaking up every word and nodding affirmatively with every gesture. For the most part, the hall last night looked to me like a sea of bobble-head dolls gazing adoringly at Greer.

During the Q & A session, which ran well past the allotted time simply because Greer couldn’t help using every question as an opportunity to further expound on all sorts of off-topic anecdotes –and because the line of people wanting to ask him something extended well toward the back of the large hall we were in.

When asked about Area51/Dulce/WPAFB, he said that many of those are a diversion from real facilities that currently house and experiment on vehicles/aliens and the like, some of which he has visited with “top secret personnel”. He also said that he has many “friends and supporters” in governments and organizations around the world, many of which are starting to share with him (and him alone it seems) some amazing technologies.

He was asked about the May, 2001 Press Conference in D.C (the video we’ve all seen a bunch of times), and specifically when we will finally see the full disclosure of what these “hundreds” of witnesses have to reveal. His reply was that nearly all of it was available in his already published books and CD’s – all of which were for sale in the corridor, and for which he will host a signing after the event, etc., etc., He especially directed people to his “Disclosure” book, saying seventy witness testimonies and accompanying evidence is found there. Some other witnesses, apparently, are waiting to be invited before congress to make their evidence public through the official channels.

Greer was questioned about crop circles (some are real, some aren’t – but the real ones have a “message” we should all interpret and heed), about interstellar travel and communications (the travel is possible but problematic, “communication”, however, is easier and nearly instantaneous), and about crashed discs (they “didn’t crash” at all but rather were shot down”).

He said the discs are made of a unique material that can “heal itself” up to a point, that “communicates” with the operator for maneuvering and operation, and that utilize zero-point electromagnetc propulsion systems, the knowledge of which, were it not suppressed, could easily power mankind on Earth and eliminate pollution and a host of other problems forever. He added that the intergalactic community “are just waiting” for humans to mature and evolve to this point before welcoming us.

He also said of the aliens that there are no hostile alien species, that there are many varieties, but that “the Grays” are merely a Hollywood manifestation designed to “scare” the public into fearing aliens, a disinformation campaign that continues today. When pressed on the Roswell “crash”, Greer asked the audience if they really thought that a craft capable of traveling through space and operated by advanced beings could really arrive at their destination only to fumble and crash into the surface. He reiterated that they were shot down, and that…

…there has been a decades-old, very expensive (trillion$) program to weaponize space, and specifically designed to target vehicles that are penetrating the atmosphere. This program, according to Greer, was created and is maintained by the secret oligarchy so that their grip on the world economy (oil) is not threatened, among other reasons.

Greer also alluded to 9/11 as not having transpired as or because of what we have seen, but he was rather evasive on details, resorting instead to the implication that the story we have been spoon-fed is a “big lie”. He seemed rather reluctant to talk about this – in my view uncharacteristically so.

In response to a question about political figures and the threats for disclosing or pressing for disclosure, Greer said that even he has started getting threats, and that he now has a security detail that is necessary to protect him. He did not elaborate on the threats.

One theme that kept resurfacing was Greer’s many private meetings with powerful individuals in government and elsewhere in which many have expressed frustration in dealing with the tight lid that is clamped down on information. Some -heads of state, directors of intelligence agencies, wealthy industrialists, etc., have told him that all the money and all the power that they have brought to bear have not been able to pry the lid loose, much less off, of the secrecy surrounding this issue. Some have told him that they themselves have been told that they “have no need to know”, that they should stick to their other work and forget about getting anything that would compromise the established security, and that they were told clearly to either “shut up or be shut up”.

Refreshingly, Greer avoided a lot of the “New Age” stuff that he has been espousing lately, though he did hold up a small crystal sphere once or twice and explain how “communication” can occur via the clear orb. He also spent some time describing some of the equipment he takes on his mountain/desert sojourns and how he, his followers, and his “scientific team” have been able to summon “entities”, have “experiences”, witness “vectoring craft and beings”, etc. I sure would like to see a picture or video of such an event one day – though Greer left us with the impression that though the lasers/rangefinders/scopes and other equipment was all very tangible and real, that the results these experiences bring were somehow manifested in unique, new “consciences” – in other words in your head. I may be wrong on this point, but it seems much of Greer’s work, in this regard at least, is quite ethereal and can only be appreciated once you’ve reached some higher astral plane (?).

Well, I don’t know about that – I haven’t been to any of Greer’s gatherings in the wilderness to experience such things for myself.

In conclusion then – Dr. Steven Greer certainly has some interesting things to say. I’m on the fence with much of it, give him credit for some of it, and think some of it is beyond my understanding. He certainly has increased awareness, and though some might argue he is giving Ufology a black eye, there is no denying he is packing halls wherever he goes. A typical local Mufon meeting may see a dozen or two attendees – last night there were clearly over a thousand. He’s an eloquent, charismatic speaker, and is obviously passionate about what he is saying. How much of it is factual is something I guess the rest of us must wait to see.

Nevertheless, I have no doubt that there are SOME individuals on this Earth that are in possession of some secrets regarding UFOs/Aliens and the like, and I would have to assume that at least some of these have revealed to Greer at least some of what they know. He has certainly attracted enough global attention for that.

For this privilege alone, I admit I envy the man. For he likely has already been made aware of secrets and truths that the rest of us are still starving for. Let’s face it – even if just a small, tiny percentage of what he claims to know is in fact true, then we have all been collectively denied that truth for many years. And, in my opinion, we deserve to know that truth as well.

[edit on 11/11/2007 by Outrageo]

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Thank you for a very well written and unbiased report on your experience at the conference.

If I could applaud you, I would, a flag and a star is a start.

I don't like the man steering people to purchasing his work to see evidence of the witnesses, but the man is trying to make money I guess.

It just lessens his credibility in my eyes.

Maybe something new will come out of the NASA review of Kecksburg or the conference at the press association this coming week.

Anyway excellent post

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I am very impressed by your reporting on this matter. I too wish I could applaud you in this forum.

thank you for all of your effort in this matter. It makes it easier to decide where we stand as regards this person.

Good job. A star and a flag form me as well.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Thank you for this awesome summary ! I suppose it went a little better than I was expecting, I was expecting Greer to start begging for funding, however him going on about going to top secret facilities...what's he on ? The government wouldn't let him anywhere near them.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Outrageo

"* A visit by Greer and a scientific team to a "secret location" on another continent where Greer and company physically examined Lilliputian Aliens (adults ~60cm, juveniles ~15-20cm).
"

I'd really like to see any proof of that AT ALL. Leader Greer has manifested himself to work as an exo-Doctor now, has he?

Is it possible to track Leader Greer's international movements through some Visa/Passport search engine? We could see where the good Doctor has gone and what he has really done.

Thanks for the report, Outrageo. Cool.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
So the question about the 400-500 witnesses pretty much went as expected - a lot of them are waiting for Congressional hearings and immunity before they make themselves known.

Did anyone ask the question, why won't Greer/CSETI put the photos and footage from CSETI expeditions online?

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Thanks for the report, Outrageo. Though i havent met the guy in person, my opinion on Greer is that he seems to mix truths with half truths and fantasies, these days. First I thought some of the people here was being a little hard on him, but after reading his book 'Hidden Truth - Forbidden Knowledge' it seems he took what must have been hard work in the Disclosure Project and threw it down the #ter. Like all the attention got the best of him or something

[edit on 11-11-2007 by LogicalThinker]

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
"* A visit by Greer and a scientific team to a "secret location" on another continent where Greer and company physically examined Lilliputian Aliens (adults ~60cm, juveniles ~15-20cm).
"

Did he say whether these alleged beings he examined (he is a medical doctor) were living or dead?

Excellent report Outrageo. Thanks.

[edit on 11/11/2007 by TheAvenger]

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
thanks for the report.
some people say the disclosure project is a complete disinfo thing.
so, in any case, we have to ask for any ´proves´.
time for storytelling is over.
I think when he (and his collegues)had some serious knowledge about zero-point energy(what would be of course a good idea today)

WHERE IS IT?

otherwise..disinfo..sorry.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Fantastic thread well written and thought out, Im not sure about greer he seems to be changing his direction a little, as for being taken to top secret locations and shown artifacts first hand i can actually believe this as truth he said he himself had been receiving threats and having a protection group with him, if someone who is part of the cover up wanted to really and i have to emphasize the really wanted to show him what price he (and maybe others close to him) could pay for continuing with disclosure a visit to a place like that could well be a logical move.
its like the saying everyman has his price surely that goes for everyman has his nemesis and ultimate fear even the toughest of men have a limit to the pain they are willing to endure.

[edit on 11/11/2007 by azzllin]

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Great post. It seems to me that Greer is just spewing the same old stuff without any significant evidence to back it up.

I'd like his claims to be true, but he needs to cough up something - anything - before I trust him. Couldn't he at least have taken a few pictures of the tiny aliens he examined?

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by evanmontegarde
Great post. It seems to me that Greer is just spewing the same old stuff without any significant evidence to back it up.

I'd like his claims to be true, but he needs to cough up something - anything - before I trust him. Couldn't he at least have taken a few pictures of the tiny aliens he examined?

Santa wouldn't allow Greer to take photo's of them.
But I think most of us know what they sorta look like anyways.

PS -- I agree... he's not showing photo's of anything and I find this frustrating.

[edit on 11-11-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
He's talking about so much unsubstantiated stuff now that it would be stupid to kill him.

He doesn't need a security detail. If I were the shadow government, I'd just let him continue on his merry way and make the disclosure project look like a complete circus.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Outrageo

Outrageo, thanks a million for your well written and objective report. I crave to keep my finger on the pulse of "disclosure" and you satisfied my craving. It seems like critical mass may be approaching relative to people who want/demand to know the truth, especially about ET. Will the truth slowly leak out, appear quietly and evolve, or explode like pyrotechnics visible to everyone? Or will the truth continue to be submerged by threat and tainted by disinformation? I'm STILL waiting for that harmless weed which I outgrew many years ago to be legalized... but I digress. Greer certainly is charismatic and a remarkably powerful orator. I met him in person at the 2007 UFO convention in San Jose and got the distinct impression he was after the money. He said at the time that he was on the verge of serious zero-point energy disclosure, but needed about 47 million dollars (I'm not kidding) for R & D.

ps, great Avatar, Outrageo. I stared at at for quite a while because I am easily mesmerized.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I take everything that comes from Dr. Greer with a grain of salt. I give credit to him for the original attempt in 2001. He left the "New Age" aspect and the obvious push to sell his products aside at the time. However, I can also understand that 9/11 took center stage at the time and his "spotlight" got stolen. Also, the fact he quit his medical profession to devote to this. The man must need an income source.

As many of you, I am also on the fence, as it relates to his claims. I am yet to see some kind of tangible proof coming from him. The powers that be must love the fact many people feel like me, since he is a prime candidate to be ridiculed at times. I am not demeaning his efforts to find the truth; just the way in which he approaches and presents it.

When you see people like Bill Cooper and Phil Schneider (RIP); especially Phil, who, to my knowledge, never attempted to sell anything, that's when you catch my attention. Phil and Bill knew too much and are no longer with us. IMHO, Dr. Greer is being allowed to come this far because many feel the same way I feel - no proof and too much New Age.

Tomorrow's "Disclosure Pt. 2", organized by James Fox (Out of the Blue) seems to be another event to push sales of his new and improved DVD. Don't get me wrong, I'm as open minded as many of you. However, we all have to keep a certain degree of skepticism. Once I see some proof from Dr. Greer, my opinion will change.

[edit on 11-11-2007 by manticore]

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Agreed. All it would take is one picture or even a shred of tangible evidence, but he has (again) presented nothing more substantial than his word. I too believe we are not alone in the Universe, but claims as fantastic as his do more harm than good without evidence to back it up.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Greer has had ample opportunity to shut people like me up and take this thing mainstream with the "evidence" he posses. The simple fact that he has not to me indicates he is nothing more than a fanciful story teller that may or may not believe what he speaks.......the blind leading the blind so to speak.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by anti72

Zero point energy? Hmm... possibly the extraction of an electrical current from a preexisting magnetic field. The zero point being the magnetic field itself, which remains unchanged. Excuse me now............someone has entered my room with a pill for me.
(arghhh----bet on the Giants, need another pill)

[edit on 11-11-2007 by pc is here]

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Tell me, what sort of evidence would you guys have Greer present?

Footage of a ship landing and little grey men coming out?

Like Steven Spielberg produced in a studio 30 years ago?

Greer HAS presented real evidence - the witnesses and whistleblowers!

Couple that with an ever-growing number of people who claim to have had Contact/abduction experiences, and there's your evidence.

The "military-industrial complex" won't be giving away the data and technology they have any time soon, so we can forget about that.

It would be nice if CSETI were to post some photos or footage, but that won't really change anything IMO as it'll just be more footage of bright lights in the sky and "Orbs" (the ETs' preferred way of manifesting to people, it would seem).

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I am giving him credit for assembling such a group of reputable government/military personnel. But what is testimony without proof? He says he has visited top secret locations and has even seen extraterrestrials. If he was allowed to see these facilities/entities, wouldn't a picture or physical artifact be a redeeming factor for his credibility? With his group summonings, wouldn't a picture of the alleged multiple sightings be possible? Hey, at least Prophet Yahweh showed something to ABC.

Again, I'm not being overly-skeptical but, as the old Sagan saying says: extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. So far, the only approach to evidence has been verbal. He says he is in possession of proof? Then why not come forward with it. If he has made it this far (without being harmed - that we know of), what prevents him from showing the rest?

Greer, Friedman, Hopkins, Lear...and the list can go on forever, have contributed extensively to this topic. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. I believe we are not alone. But in this case, I am not convinced of his claims.

[edit on 12-11-2007 by manticore]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join