It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush dissrespects veterans on veterans day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Bush dissrespects veterans on veterans day

George Bush, the President of the United States has decided to break with tradition and spend Veterans day at his ranch in Crawford TX. instead of keeping up with the tradition of laying a wreath on the tomb of the unknown soldier which is a symbol of honoring veterans.

This to me is disgusting.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   
My comments are the story snippet, since as of the time of posting this message no news agency has covered it online.
I learned about it from a quick mention on local CBS station here in Austin TX.
The mention on the news here was one sentence. "VP Cheney will be taking Bushes place in the veterans day ceremony."

I am truly disgusted, being a veteran of the Iraq war my self it shows contempt on the part of Bush to ignore his duty as President to continue this tradition of wreath laying.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I don't have a clue what it is, but this means something. Bush always did the hospital visits and things like that.

Maybe Cheney asked to do it, since he knows he will never be president and Bush agreed, sort of showing Cheney is as much president as Bush.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   
He's doing his part. This is the presidential way of running off to the National Guard rather than serve. As Commander and Chief, you would think that he could wear the mantle one day out of the year when it wasn't self-serving. But that isn't his style.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   
After checking on a source, I need to rescind this post.

[edit on 11-11-2007 by whaaa]

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by robwerden
I am truly disgusted, being a veteran of the Iraq war my self it shows contempt on the part of Bush to ignore his duty as President to continue this tradition of wreath laying.

Maybe it is just me but I could not find an url to link to the story first.
Next, it is not the presidents "duty" to lay this wreath on Veterans Day. He always lays the wreath on Memorial Day though.
I believe he is still hosting the German Chandellor Merkel at this time.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I personally think it would be much more disgusting for him to take one step on the graveyard of America's bravest.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   
This is the only reference to his plans I can find so far:

The White House is planning an event Sunday during which the president will honor veterans, spokesman Gordon Johndroe said from Texas, where Bush is spending the weekend at his ranch. Johndroe declined to discuss where or with whom the event would take place. Vice President Dick Cheney is paying a visit to Arlington National Cemetery outside Washington, and was scheduled to speak briefly.
Source | The Detroit News Online | Bush urges Congress to OK veterans bill

reply to post by MrAndy

I find it just as offensive, if not more so, that Draft Dodging Dick should be laying wreaths, at the graves of America's finest.

I wonder if he'll be able to refrain from sportin' his trademark sneer.

top topics

join