It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sleep paralysis OBEing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I have heard that durning sleep paralysis it is a good time to OBE. I sometimes have sleep paralysis, but i havent had the chance to try since i've heard about OBEing. Is there anyway to make yourself go into sleep paralysis, or make yourself OBE?
thanks

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Try falling asleep on your back, with your arms at your sides. It's the only time sleep paralysis has happened for me.

I'm also waiting for it to happen again so that I can try OBE from it.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Definitely a higher chance to have one on your back. The OOBE is rare though, in 10 years of constant SP I've experienced it clearly only once. And that was during a large thunderstorm while taking a mid day nap. Quite an experience to say the least, I don't care how real it was or wasn't, it shakes the way you look at life and reality.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 06:06 AM
link   
i never had an obe, tho i feel i've come close..i know i have..but its the thought of leaving my body, and coming back to it and finding another spirit take my place..that would suck. i dont know if its possible, but every time i begin to drift from my body, i snap back to this reality and wake up..

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I'll either be semi or fully paralysed when having OBE's. Basically its a case of realising that your paralysed.. avoid panicking, close your eyes, gently sit up mentally but don't put emphasis on sitting up physically.. then once your sat up, gently open your eyes mentally and not physically too. Then roll/climb out mentally. Easy to say I know but this is how I usually project.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Funnily enough I only ever started getting sleep paralysis when I practiced OBE's...

Very strange experiences to say the least.

But it's all about staying calm and in control.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Whenever sleep paralysis occurs i usually just close my eyes and feel my spirit move out of my body. I dont have to work at it or anything i can just sort of automatically fly out, its quite nice.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
i had sleep paralysis two times in a row in the couch , the first time i just panicked since i could only move my eyes ,i panicked because i kept looking at the door and toutgh someone was going to appear thru there and hurt me being i defenseless i felt like i was being observed , i kept struggling to move my body but i couldnt , then it was as if i fainted , hours later i woke up again and i could not move again , but strangely this time i was calm and minute later i fainted again , it was a very strange and enerving experience

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
There's another similar thread on here somewhere, where i described some of my experiences...

I had the same experience when sleeping on the sofa, and 'knew' that something evil was gonna come through the door... I couldn't move anything but my eyes and ended up screaming inside my head at my thumb to move.... and eventually it did and I could move... But it scared me...

top topics

join