It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most horrifying thing Stephen King has ever read.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   
While talking about The Hot Zone by Richard Preston, Stephen King said, "The first chapter of The Hot Zone is one of the most horrifying things I've ever read in my whole life...and then it gets worse. That's what I keep marveling over: it keeps getting worse. What a remarkable piece of work. I devoured it in two or three sittings, and have a feeling the memories will linger a long time."
I personally couldn't agree more. This book is far more unsettling than any fictional horror story. This really happened..........on the doorstep of D.C, and most likely will happen again.
Outbreak with Dustin Hoffman and Cuba Gooding Jr., is very loosley based on these events, but like most movies, is nothing compared to the book. If you've ever read it before or plan to pick it up later, let me know what you think.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Yep, I agree.I read it last year. Scary stuff.
It isn't my usual kind of book as Iam a Dean Koontz and John Saul Fan, but I was glad I read it.
I saw the movie "Outbreak" as well.
Honestly..I wouldn't think anything would scare Stephen King.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
That was a great book. The one thingI kept thinking to myself while reading it was, ''This is real.'' I think it makes it that much more freightening when you realize the events actually took place and the possibility exists for a similar situation to occur again.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Topsy_Kretts

i am a fan of stephen king books. but i haven't read that one. if it comes my way, i'll definitely check it out.

i have always wondered about stephen's deeper education. i think he is an illuminati plant/ET contactee, along with Streiber. in any case, nobody can can deny his fantastic imagination and way with words, no matter how he got that way.

cheers,
chutso

ps: i don't know if you remember, but several years ago he was involved in a car accident that almost took his life and he had an interview just after recovery saying he would never write again. i wonder what happened to change his mind and wonder what made him temporarily want to stop writing?

new topics

top topics

join