It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marks on body

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
i've got some really odd marks that have been around for a few years. they look like stretch marks kind of, but a) i'm not fat and 2) they're really red and raised from my skin a little

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
For years I would wake up with cuts, scratches, bruises and other strange marks on my body. Like you, I wondered what was going on, even started to suspect something paranormal. Turns out it was completely normal. I was diagnosed with "Sleep Apnea." Apparently I was never getting into deep sleep and was thrashing around at night, even sleepwalking a bit, but I never recalled any of it when I woke. The video tape of my sleep study at the hospital was a riot!
When I started treatment (BIPAP machine) for the sleep disorder the strange marks never came back. Maybe a sleep study is something for you to consider. Best of luck anyway

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Sleep Apnea is one of the most missed medical conditions on the planet... I'd take the above poster's advice...and have your doctor prescribe a study at a sleep center, to see if you have it...

Basically, you could suffocate in your sleep if a severe enough blockage occurs!!! It also makes you sleepy often, as you aren't getting full REM sleep...

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
My adult daughter has this happen to her every few months. She sleeps alone (most of the time) and has no pets. In the morning there are cuts usually on her chest or abdomen. The cuts are about two to three inches long and in a perfectly straight line. They are very narrow and much thinner than a fingernail scratch. I have seen pictures of them. It takes several days to heal. She really wishes they would stop appearing!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join