It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OUT OF THE BLUE dvd buy now for $100 !!??????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I just saw this:
www.outofthebluethemovie.com...

Ive wanted to purchase the dvd for awhile but according to their website the dvd is no longer on sale because they are busy negociating a distribution deal for it.
Ive looked on amazon and seen the dvd going for more than a $100!!! I thought this is to much so I decided to wait for when its re-released.
Now I see on their website that THEY are also selling a 100 copies for a $100 each!

Who else thinks this is really sad and pathetic that they are charging so much for it?
Its one thing for a third party seller to charge such a crazy price for the dvd, but for the film makers them selfs to charge such large amount is really just greedy! In my opinion this takes away
the honor and importance of the documentary and portrays the whole dvd project as nothing more than another money making endeavour and they dont care about making the documentary available to as many people as possible.

Anyway thats just my opinion, whats yours?

[edit on 10-11-2007 by pizzaiscool]

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
If you read the release, they are under constarint to not sell any more DVDs becaiuse of the pending distribution deal. But they must have negotiated the right to sell their remaining 150 copies at a higher price to get around these constraints, signed by the producer, etc. They are trying to make them into collector's items. Just wait--once this distribution deal gets finalized and the company doing the deal milks the film in the theaters for as much as they can, the DVD will be back on sale for $29.95.

I managed to get a copy for that much before they pulled it. I'm not gloating, but I do feel lucky. It's a good film, but I wouldn't rate it as a must-see-immediately. It's very typical of the genre. Production values are good. The collection of incidents is good, but you've probably seen as good a treatment of many of them on the History Channel over time. I'm not saying the film is poor--far from it, but I am saying, relax. It ain't exactly Disclosure and it doesn't present much you don't already know from other sources.

[edit on 11/10/2007 by schuyler]

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by pizzaiscool

It's all about making money I'm afraid. I say one one Ebay starting at $150. No bids on it however. Who knows, give it a couple of years and you can probally find it for sale for just a couple of dollars.

new topics

join