It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RED ALERT!!! 2008 Defense Authorization Bill authorizes use of US military for domestic purposes!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   

RED ALERT!!! 2008 Defense Authorization Bill authorizes use of US military for domestic purposes!

www.wakeupfromyourslumber.com

Representative Dennis Kucinich reported this during an interview with WINZ Miami radio station this morning. He is reading through this bill and for the first time last evening, noticed this language that has been inserted into the 2008 Defense Authorization Bill.

He said that this language jumped off the page at him and that he was very concerned that people learn about this provision that would authorize domestic operations for the US military.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Whether you believe we are headed for a police state or not, all of these little bits MUST be leading up to something.

There are far too many laws being presented AND passing as of late that have the possibility of completely changing everything the United States is SUPPOSED to be.

Jasn

www.wakeupfromyourslumber.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
..4 dead in OHIO.....how many more ?

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

5.5 billion eventually.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Jebzuz.

I'm usually rather skeptical about NWOReport articles, but a quick search turned up a lot of hits. It looks like this document could very well be authentic.

That's perty scary stuff.
If this passes... I donno. I certainly won't be taking any extended trips to the US.

I guess when you're the world's biggest arms manufacturer, it's only a matter of time before all those guns get pointed back at you.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I searched the text of the bill on govtrack.us, and couldn't find the relevant section. It may have been amended or removed.

However, I believe Section 1076 of the John Warner National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2007 allows the same thing.

[edit on 11/9/2007 by Alien42]

CX

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Ok i may be missing something here, but could you highlight the part we should be concerned about again?

The military has always been authorised to be used in domestic incidents, catastophies and other scenarios. Katrina is a recent example, and the countless other rescue efforts that come and go.

In the UK you can often see various sections of the armed forces assisting with domestic situations.

It's late here in the UK (2:52am) so forgive me if i've totaly missed what everyone is freaking out about, but i can't see anything jumping out at me there.

I can see how the use of the military for domestic scenarios could be abused to cover whatever the powers that be see fit, but i guess that goes with most laws these days......they just bend the rules to suit thier need.

CX.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

It's generally a no-no to use the military against it's own citizens.

Jasn

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I read this as authorizing nothing more than preparing for a natural disaster or a terrorist attack, so that the military can support the National Guard. Precisely because the language empowers merely for "support" purposes.

Without more, this looks like nothing more than an unfair, inaccurate, and possibly intentional distortion of the language.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SimiusDei

I don't see whats the big deal here.

First of all, do I believe a source called "wakeupfromyourslumber"....umm....NO!
Secondly, this was regarding the National Guard and lastly this is something the Guard should do in case of a natural disaster or for homeland defense.

No big deal!

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Well the Warner act pretty much nullified posse comitatus.

In early 2006, the 109th Congress passed a controversial bill which grants the President the right to commandeer federal or state National Guard Troops and use them inside the United States. This bill, entitled the John Warner Defense Appropriation Act for Fiscal Year 2007 (H.R. 5122.ENR), contains a provision, (Section 1076) which allows the President to:

“...employ the armed forces, including the National Guard in Federal service, to... restore public order and enforce the laws of the United States when, as a result of a natural disaster, epidemic, or other serious public health emergency, terrorist attack or incident, or other condition in any State or possession of the United States..., where the President determines that,...domestic violence has occurred to such an extent that the constituted authorities of the State or possession are incapable of maintaining public order; suppress, in a State, any insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination, or conspiracy...”

This is from the wikipedia article
en.wikipedia.org...

Thus it is basically up to the president. He now has the power to squelch any uprising using the power of the US military. I fear the day is soon coming when we will regret this power. Let's hope it's not soon.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

Depending ones definition of who the Militia is, (the Founders made it clear it is all of us 17-45..) even though the Government may ignor that fact, And call the National Guard the Militia

Congress was authorized to

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

So if one considers the National Guard the Militia (I don't) but if one was, this shows that yet again more control is going to The Executive Branch

The fact that no one really seriously questions these continuous shifts of power from The Legislative Branch to The Executive Branch makes one ask the question, are we just begging for a Dictatorship?

The powers of government were purposely broken up and divided for reason people.. I don't care how right you might think the President is or isn't, these power shifts cant be allowed to happen.. regardless...

One branch doesn't need these powers to get things done if there is a serious threat to our Constitution, rest assured it will be thwarted the Constitutional way...

Theres only one reason such powers are being centralized and we all damn ell know it but noon wants to say it.

Republican, Democrat its all the same, Those who really run this BS control our media, our leaders, our money, everything... They are setting this country up for a Dictatorship and a police state.

How can you people not see it?

The pieces of the puzzle continuously fall into place and still we ignor them...

We deserve everything we got coming, ignorance is no excuse...

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
People who see this stuff as not alarming read into it some gentle kind purpose from government.

People who do see it as alarming, see it as possibly allowing for an alternate agenda and read into it the added powers the government will have in policing the population.

Since history has shown and our fore fathers taught us, that federal power of the state usually turns to corruption I will lean more to the second one.

If you believe it is nothing, it is not the article, it is your trust of those in power. What have they done to gain your trust? What have they done to lose it?

Have the courage to wake up.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Hahaaa... someone said "they would only be used against a terrorist attack"

Wake up people - the definition of terrorist most certainly includes YOU.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Maybe they intend to deploy the Armed Forces to protect the borders, that is, once they end the illegal wars and bring them all home.

*sigh*

Here comes the handbasket, all you sheeple just go right ahead and jump on in as it goes by, okay?

[edit on 10-11-2007 by goosdawg]

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 02:17 AM
link   
It is important to note that our government can "push" legislation if needed. Now that it is on the table, expect it anytime.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 02:40 AM
link   
The relevant parts (non-relevant parts not included for clarity):

The Secretary of Defense shall determine the military-unique capabilities needed to be provided by the Department of Defense to support civil authorities in an incident of national significance.

Any additional capabilities determined by the Secretary to be necessary to support the use of the active components and the reserve components of the armed forces for providing military support to civil authorities.

So there you have it. The military can help the civil authorities in any incident of national significance. And since anything can be said to be of national significance, however minor the significance may be, well....

[edit on 10-11-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

Agreed, gutting posse comitatus seemed to be the motive behind this 'dark cabal' since they started ruining America.... and it's been happening right under the Americans noses for years. The 'Katrina' incident was the most obvious example, aside from Swat teams taking down compounds.

When the general public is accepting of "private security" and the military in the streets, it seems like the death kneel for the rights as we know them. Remember, the U.S. is approaching half a billion people, a lot of them will accept the government version, no questions asked.

Also, like I just mentioned in another thread, w/ the U.S. economy consisting of 70% consumer spending -- the public at large are already the sheep following orders of what to buy, where to go, how to exist. Millions watch inane programming advocating police states, look at this new movie, "Southland Tales" soon to be released in the U.S. -- pathetic concept, blatant NWO ad, but millions will goto see it; creativity is dead in America, people have already become the spectators.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   
This wouldent be necessary if the Pentagon idiots would take their heads out of their rear ends and give into the demands to create a paramilitary federal constabulary that could perform police work such as border patrol, presidential protection, backup to other federal/state/local law enforcement in riots, disasters, etc while still have access to heavy firepower and the capability to function as combat infantry if need be.

Just do a search for "US create federal constabulary" and read the recommendations. One reason we are bogged down in Iraq and Afghanistan is because the regular military does not want to and is not capable of performing law enforcement missions and there are not enough MPs to go around.

[edit on 10-11-2007 by ChrisF231]

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SimiusDei

That includes all of our enemies as well.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join