It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1967 Malmstrom AFB UFO/Missile Incident

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I'm sure most, if not all you are aware of this incident:
www.cufon.org...

I've been aware of it for some time but for some reason my thoughts always come back to it from time to time.

This just absolutely baffles me, and I'd love to hear some of your thoughts on this.

Here's what my feeble brain came up with:

1) We did it. Human beings, USA. A test or something to see if we could.

um. if we did this back in '67, then why, exactly, are we worried about terrorists today? I can't even imagine what we've got now in '07 if we did THIS back then.

2) They did it. Human beings, Russians/Germans/some other nation.

um. If whoever did it hated us, why didn't they launch an immediate nuclear strike the moment of shutdown? and if it was a test, why wasn't it reproduced for a real bomb?

And if it was from a neutral nation, why didn't they at least brag about it to jockey for national position?

3) Extraterrestrials did it.

um. Why on earth would ET worry about our nuclear capabilities IN THE FIRST PLACE if they can disable them rather trivially? Why even be interested?

This event just defies logic in my mind. And they never could account for any natural phenomena being responsible.

Anyone got any thoughts on this?

PS: My dad was a aerospace engineer when this happened, and was able to confirm that this indeed did happen. This event apparently had EVERYONE'S panties in a bunch.

join