It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE MOON (whats the story?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
About half the people here on ATS believe the moon landing was faked and that we have never actually been to the moon.

The other half of you seem to believe not only have we been there, but we have bases there and we are currently mining moon gasses.

Can someone please tell me which I am supposed to believe and why?

Personally I believe the moon landing was real AND we are not currently running any bases up there.

Please explain to me why I should think differently.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
No one can tell you what to believe, only why to believe them. You can only form your own opinion based on what you read here.

I feel the Japanese probe up there at the moment will show the truth with its high quality cameras. By december, the amount of photos will cause many threads.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I'm on the fence with this one, but here's a theory...

They tried to land on the moon but were warned off, but so as not to confuse the American people they had to fake the moon landings (the ones filmed) so as to keep Russia at bay.

Now some people wonder why they never went back, but some people reckon they have gone back and set up bases...

It's all a bit confusing isn't it...

Now you've got Joh Lear saying there's a soul catcher on there, some people believe that there's a hidden base on the dark side of the moon and other people believe that the moon is an artificial construct that protects the earth...

Oh yeah and some people think the moon is hollow due to a huge bell like chime that was picked up when they landed a craft or something on it...

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by traderonwallst
About half the people here on ATS believe the moon landing was faked and that we have never actually been to the moon.

The other half of you seem to believe not only have we been there, but we have bases there and we are currently mining moon gasses.

Where did you get these numbers?

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Trader, the question is, who's hiding what, if anything, and if they are hiding it, then why.

Now I have no answers to these things. Maybe a few suspicions, but no proof I trust. These are the things we all grope through the darkness trying to find. But I do feel that there is a reason to look.

If absolutely nothing was being hidden, then why do all the pictures of the two closest heavenly bodies show such poor detail? Photography is not a backward art, and the camera has come a long ways. Yet, there are no high resolution pictures of even half of the surface of the Moon or Mars.

We spend millions to send vehicles to space to do a crap load of experiments, and we can't send a decent camera and telescope to the space station to get some good pictures of even this side of the moon? We send robots to explore Mars, but we don't bother getting high definition pictures of even half of the surface? What's wrong with this picture?

Look at it this way: If you were planning a trip to some place exotic, say an African safari, you would naturally expect full color brochures to look at before you went. And if it was your ass on the line, not to mention reputation, you would make sure you had some really good pictures of the Moon and Mars long before you headed off to those lights in the sky.

So a reasonable person would think that there were a lot of pictures capable of spotting anything the size of a VW on up available to mission planners. You would think this because it stands to reason that you wouldn't endanger the money and men involved when you could look for problems with landing sites before you were on your way down.

So what reason would you have to not show those pictures to everyone? Showing them would not only increase public support, but it would involve a wider pool of talent to spot potential hazards and landing sites of interest among the scientific community.

The only rational explanation is that these types of photos do exist, but are not circulated because something in them shows up that you, as a dutiful employee of the government, do not want very many people to know about.

What is in those pictures, wherever they are, is the question.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Of course we went to the moon! A laser reflectometer and a passive seismograph, both of which were used by scientists on the Earth for a long time (maybe both still are) were deployed by the Apollo 11 mission. You can't fake reflected laser beams from the moon.

en.wikipedia.org...

As for bases on the moon, you're just going to have to disbelieve in those due to lack of evidence, I predict John Lear is going to get on here and try to refute me with all sorts of lies and distortions, but really, there's no hard evidence. Furthermore, you can't prove anything in the negative, so anyone who claims they can PROVE there aren't any human bases on the moon is lying. Nevertheless, there is no hard evidence.

top topics

join