It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cryptids Montage (A bit of fun)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Just browsing youtube and found a video containing, pictures and various bits and bobs about various cryptids all shapes and sizes. There's no real 'amazingly new and shocking' footage here, but I thought it was a decent watch. It's just a bit of fun.

Quote of video:

A video montage of various photographs, sketches and video footage of cryptids. Many in cryptozoology (names ranging alphabetically from A-D; more coming soon!). Some of the included cryptids are Bigfoot, the Dover Demon, Chupacabra, Con Rit, Rods, Champ, Sea Monsters, and much more!

Btw, the elephants with the horn under their chins...has that been proven fake? It clearly shows what resembles skulls, but again are those fakes? I always wondered if the 'regular' elephants had some sort of other self defence other than tusks. Like different varieties of elephant centuries ago.

Those weird see through spiral things at the start I've not seen before either. They remind me of space critters or rods that are constantly brought up in UFO talks. I found that weird.

If you're wondering why the Caspian Tiger is thrown in, it's because it's regarded as extinct and has been 'apparantly extinct' for decades, even though some people report sightings still.

Quote from Wikipedia:

At the beginning of the 20th century, the Soviet government worked heavily to eradicate the Caspian tiger during an extensive land reclamation program. There was no room for the tiger in their plans, and government officials instructed the Soviet army to exterminate all tigers found around the area of the Caspian Sea, a project that was carried out very efficiently. Once the extermination of the Caspian tiger was almost complete, farmers cleared forests and planting crops such as rice and cotton. Due to intensive hunting and deforestation, the Caspian tiger retreated first from the lush lowlands to the forested ranges, then to the marshes around some of the larger rivers, and finally, deeper into the mountains, until it almost certainly became extinct....

....An exact date of extinction is unknown. Some reports state that the last Caspian tiger was shot in Golestān National Park or some other place in Northern Iran in 1959. There are claims of a documented killing of this subspecies in the Uludere district in Turkey - a few dozen kilometers from the Iraqi border - during the 1970s (see below). Yet other reports state that the final Caspian tiger was captured and killed in Northeast Afghanistan in 1997. The most frequently quoted date for extinction is the late 1950s, but there is almost no evidence to back that claim.

On a side note, can I sarcastically say well done to humans eradicating a beautiful creature. 'sigh.' Way to go!

The vids light hearted, so take it all with a 'pinch of salt.'

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Nope, im sure those elephants existed, once. I used to have a big book full of long gone, strange animals. I cant remember the name, but im sure there real, never the less, nice video

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
The chupacabra that looks like a ghost/devil I think is fake^^ Btw, what advantage did those elephants have with their horns pointed towards their own necks?;D Doesn't make sene

But it was really interesting. thx for sharing!

[edit on 10-11-2007 by ZikhaN]

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
nice video and thanks for sharing it with us

shame about the caspian tigers are the elephants regarded as cryptids in this video or just being shown?

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
yeah i aggree with ZikhaN those elephants are real look at all those bones a fossils they had to exist at one point

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZikhaN
The chupacabra that looks like a ghost/devil I think is fake^^ Btw, what advantage did those elephants have with their horns pointed towards their own necks?;D Doesn't make sense

Well, my thinking would be that it was there as a defense for their throats. If a pride of lions or something managed to take them down, they'd go for the throat in order to kill it.
However, with those tusks in place all the elephant would have to do would be to slam their chin down if something like that happened, fending off and likely killing the offending lion.

But I'm just guessing in the end, so don't put too much weight into that statement.

As far as the rest of the video is concerned, thats a decent montage. I thought I was a veritable expert on Cryptozoology, and I hadn't even heard of some of the ones it showed, specifically the Con Rit and the Dahu. I'll have to do some reading on them now.

top topics

join