It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil discovery rocks Brazil

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
What do you guys make of the idea that the oil supply is actually limitless and claims of shortage are only to raise the price?

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I live in Portugal, and one of the companies that will explore this spot is portuguese too. Right after the announce of the finding, their stock raised 25% in one session.

Shame i haven't any stocks from them.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
What do you guys make of the idea that the oil supply is actually limitless and claims of shortage are only to raise the price?

One of the worlds biggest oil exporters is Russia. Guess which theory they use to drill their oil fields? They use adiabatic theory which suggests that oil is created geothermally and does not arise from fossils. Thus they don't believe in peak oil and it seems to be working for them.

www.raen.ru...

Of course as I pointed out earlier, the US has access to oil fields the size of Saudi Arabia but has chosen, for political and 'economic' reasons not to exploit them.

www.americanfreepress.net...

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Oh great, I guess it's only a matter of time until the U.S. comes up with some reason we need to invade Brazil.

[edit on 9-11-2007 by b309302]

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by wierdalienshiznit

Originally posted by NWRHINO
The "Peak Oil" scenario is just another part of the the "scarcity" scam. There's not enough: oil, water, land, food, air.

all non renewable resources have a finite amount.

they will all run out.

not everything that happens is directed by some super powerful conglomerates somewhere pulling the puppet strings.

I agree that not everything that happens is a result of the manipulation of multinational corporations, but it easier to find the things that are not then to list the endless amount of thing that are manipulated by corporations.

However, the things that are not manipulated by corporations are manipulated by some other force(s)...god(s), aliens, human consciousness

Everything is renewable in the physical plane as per the First Law of Thermodynamics...and beyond one dimensional thinking there are no rules or limits

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by traderonwallst

The world doesn't actually need to run low on oil in order for "PEAK OIL" to happen.

All that needs to happen is for Production to drop below the Demand.

That means that the PTB can create an artificial Oil shortage by purposely keeping Production too low, by not building enough refineries, refusing to make use of that huge new oil reserve in Alaska, etc.

The artificial oil shortage then drives prices wayyyyyyy up, the oil men make sick profits, and the world collapses into yet another World War over Oil - which will also be ridiculously profitable for the international bankers.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrdDstrbr

The world doesn't actually need to run low on oil in order for "PEAK OIL" to happen.

All that needs to happen is for Production to drop below the Demand.

That means that the PTB can create an artificial Oil shortage by purposely keeping Production too low, by not building enough refineries, refusing to make use of that huge new oil reserve in Alaska, etc.

How true.

As a side note, please refer to the formation of OPEC. Those would had the resource but not their share of the pie learned to play the game.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Right. OPEC are pawns in a way as well. They have an agreement with the US to sell oil only in US dollars and thus artificially prop up the dollar and the US economy; in turn they benefit from an alliance with the US and are protected by their super military might.

If any country starts to get fed up with that arrangement and starts selling oil for other currencies, they get a prompt spanking

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MrdDstrbr
Your statements about OPEC appear right on. Their productions values seem to be adjustable based on requests by the US. Problems would most likely not arise as long as the price is kept high. Assured wealth with little risk at this time.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
It seems that oil prices can be manipulated (to a degree) at several stages...from downstream-to-upstream-to-market. But in the end, oil is oil...and the profits will always be there for international companies involved in the ME. I think what remains central to US foreign policy in the Gulf, is the
ability to exert political-military influence over future energy distribution.

When the US sucker-punched Saddam Hussein in Kuwait, the ruse allowed for the establishment of new permanent military bases in the region (Mecca and Medina..ouch!), a Mafia-style protection racket I guess. Obviously, maintaining a stable relationship with the House of Saud is paramount to our energy needs. Alot of folks believe the bases in Iraq are just a continuation of a process of government using military presence to secure [Fascist?] economic objectives. For example, some experts estimate that 80% of future US energy requirements will be distributed from Central Asia. Our stated mission in Afghanistan (democracy and the defeat of Islamic terror), appears to be contaminated by corporate interests....the establishment of a safe corridor through Afghanistan and Pakistan to the Arabian Sea for US controlled oil and gas pipelines.

Big simplistic if's here...but what if global oil reserves really are declining? What if US/Saudi relations continue to deteriorate over the situation in Iraq? What if Opec producers begin gradually diverting sales of oil away from energy dependent giants in the West...to rapidly developing alternative markets like India & China? We often talk about our trade partner China's ability to cripple the American economy...or not...but what about OPEC's massive energy leverage?

We already know that decades of Iranian oil & gas production will be directed away from the West to China. On the other hand, a few well placed bombs could set those contracts back for awhile.

Control distribution....let the profits take care of themselves.

I think current prices are being manipulated at the supply-chain poles. I mean the big producers, and to a lesser degree, market dynamics & speculators. I doubt that the Bush admin is very happy about it either. Nothing draws public attention & wrath like higher pump-prices (except maybe the celebrity du jour). Unfortunately, you can't debase the petro-dollar and have it both ways.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Nobody seems to realise the Russians found massive oil fields @ a depth of 5 miles. (and no biological theory can explain that for "fossil" fuel). Since then, they have paid all their foreign debts, rebuilt the military, and are currently demanding procreation for the good of the motherland.
And all us OPEC slaves still bow to their price fixing.
As long as you allow someone to control the supply, hence the price, you allow them to control your use of it.
Russians don't care, they have their own.
Some other countries should take the hint.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by OBE1
It seems that oil prices can be manipulated (to a degree) at several stages...from downstream-to-upstream-to-market. But in the end, oil is oil...and the profits will always be there for international companies involved in the ME. I think what remains central to US foreign policy in the Gulf, is the
ability to exert political-military influence over future energy distribution.

Control distribution....let the profits take care of themselves.

I think current prices are being manipulated at the supply-chain poles. I mean the big producers, and to a lesser degree, market dynamics & speculators. I doubt that the Bush admin is very happy about it either. Nothing draws public attention & wrath like higher pump-prices (except maybe the celebrity du jour). Unfortunately, you can't debase the petro-dollar and have it both ways.

"Give a man a fish he has one meal, teach a man to fish he has many meals
teach a man to create an artificial shortage of fish...and he eats steak" !

"Gateway dominance" is the economic term for monopolizing the control of distribution. It is the sweetest plum by far !

A glance at some other markets that have single entities that dominate the
distribution hub

Microsoft 95% of the outright market plus how ever much of Apple they actually own

Google, I mean just google it and you will see what most people think is the internet is a webstring of resident google nodes that have been mirrored from the actual web

The WORLD WIDE WEB probably the least detected of all Gateway monopolies, the WWW. thing is not the internet, it is an overlay or template of related pages, that have captured the imagination of the worlds internet users

So safe to say the very fact that US friendly forces control all the Iraqi oil and yet the price for a barrel of oil is now selling at 300% more than before the 2003 invasion, is a fairly strong economic indicator that there is some manipulation in the market prices

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Haaaaa! That's an awesome quote NWRHINO, I love it!

Did you come up with that yourself, and if not, who is the original source?

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

well, if drilling goes down to 30,000-40,000 feet, then
one will tap into the 'Abiotic' reserve of petroleum
that is continually being made from a mantle/bacteria/crust
process.

thanks

Was thinking that myself. If you drill deep enough you will find oil everywhere. Was also thinking that oil provides lubrication and cushioning for the crust. After all the years of drilling wouldn't the earth eventually sieze up upon the core like a rusted ball bearing? Doubt the earth could replenish as fast as we are using the oil. Don't know what science has to say about such a possibility, but it makes sense to me.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Ah-ha! NWR...dare to broach the unthinkable, the unspeakable, the downright unforgivable....if not treasonable!

Publicly, lousy security & shoddy infrastructure receives most of the blame for reduced production levels, but there is also the small matter of the Iraqi people resisting having to swallow what they determine to be an unfair, imbalanced oil law. My guess? Give foreign oil interests the law they covet...and security in the oil-producing regions will begin to improve almost miraculously...but......s-l-o-w-l-y. In the wise words of St. Augustine: 'Give me chastity and continence, but not quite yet'.

At USDX 75.51 and destined to drop...think OPEC producers are anxious to see an additional 2 billion bbls per day enter the market? Until Iraqi oil is essentially nationalized, expect to see production continue to decline by an estimated 200,000 bbls a day.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrdDstrbr

Haaaaa! That's an awesome quote NWRHINO, I love it!

Did you come up with that yourself, and if not, who is the original source?

I believe I poached that from a John Stewart (Dailyshow) HBO special from the 90's..

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   

So safe to say the very fact that US friendly forces control all the Iraqi oil and yet the price for a barrel of oil is now selling at 300% more than before the 2003 invasion, is a fairly strong economic indicator that there is some manipulation in the market prices

O wow this is a great point. If only they still taught critical thinking in our government controlled education camps, people would begin to understand what's really going on.

In the same vein let's ask the question who do our leaders serve based on these three anomalies.

1) The US has no real border security nor does it really inspect what's coming through our ports.
2) Most of our industrial and financial power is being sent to China thanks to unrestricted free trade agreements with China. China on the other hand extracts a 30% tariff, has no human rights or labor laws and employs slave labor. Congress and the president do nothing to stem the bleeding.
3) Although we have the technology to become energy independent through a variety of means (e.g. build nuke plants or open up Alaska oil) we choose to continue to fund the various fascist dictatorships that control the worlds oil and who are hostile to US interests.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join