It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State of the U.S. Economy Explained!!!! WATCH

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
His views on economy expands beyond what you might realize is applicable to economy.... or at least the average american.

Even get rid of the CIA

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Check out this video, I know it's production is a bit cheesy, especially in the beginning, but the info is right on. It talks also on the gold standard, but focuses mostly on the elite bankers(not your average citibank banker) that run the scam that is central banking, money supply manipulation(cash flow production), and interest rates(usury).

video.google.com...

Give it a chance, I know it's long as heck, but if you can watch at least 30 mins of it...it will change the way you see banking, and shed light on the many economic problems we are facing today.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by djaybeetoo

OK, I'll bite. Why is NOBODY using the gold standard anymore, if it's so great?

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

I just don't get it...you would have us believe that things are really shot to hell...but we see standards of living getting better and better all the time. Boy, we really screwed up by abandoning the gold standard, right?

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Errr did you even watch the video? It argues against the gold standard. I would comment on the "quality of life" remark but seeing that you didn't take the time to watch the video (or even some of it), and chose to assume the point of my post I won't even bother. BTW you forgot to mention that the terrorists hate us for our freedoms, and that the insurgency in Iraq is in the final thoes too.

[edit on 8-11-2007 by Chewingonmushrooms]

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   

OK, maybe tomorrow I'll do that...I was actually hoping for a financial video that wasn't paranoid nonsense earlier today, couldn't find one. Thanx in advance if yours in nonparanoid.

[edit on 8-11-2007 by mentalempire]

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by mentalempire

I just don't get it...you would have us believe that things are really shot to hell...but we see standards of living getting better and better all the time. Boy, we really screwed up by abandoning the gold standard, right?

One working man used to be able to support his entire family. Today most couples MUST eboth work to even think about making it. If only one of them were able to seemingly make enough for 2... they're probably also about $100,000 in education debt.

My grandmother used to reminisce about when she was young and they used to have "DIME stores" (everything cost a dime). In more recent times its the DOLLAR store, but now its even switching over to "Dollar General" where you still get a good deal, but most of it is actually more than a dollar.

It goes downhill from there.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
It's nice to see someone admit the officially reported rate of inflation is a joke, and that the reality is somewhere close to 10%, now we need someone to admit that the unemployment rate is in reality close to 18%. Ron Paul doesn't seem to want to go near that one. He is telling half the truth, and I do not see this as a great accomplishment.

The current home mortgage crisis was created to shore up our economy after the contract on America changes that made it legal for banks and other types of businesses to legally rob people of their investments. Opening the door to bring in cheap illegal immigration, as one of the GW admin's first actions was to stop enforcing laws against employer's who hire illegals, has brought wages and even salaries even lower. Add in all the 401k visas, and in my opinion software development has ground to a halt, and the downward pressure on wages increases. Without higher levels of real employment, as in higher participation of workers in the economy, coupled with real wage growth, their is no increase in demand to buy the increased output of goods and services, unless lending policies are loosened. Instead of growing worker incomes leading to increased demand, we have increased debt to increase demand. The latter is an unsustainable situation.

Ron Paul, being a free market supply side economists, can't admit, or maybe not even entertain, this second more important part of our economic problem. The U.S. middle class is subsidizing the exportation of their jobs overseas through their income taxes being used to keep international commerce open as opposed to international businesses paying for the military protection that primarily protects international businesses, and this needs to stop. The U.S. work force can't compete when they are forced to foot the military expenses keeping international trade open, pay for almost all of the research for drugs and medical treatments, and bail out the world bank and all it's corrupt practices.

Selling off our public assets won't be the solution, as Ron Paul would like to do, it would be an even greater crime than what the fed res is currently doing. Eliminating business regulations is not the solution either, as Ron Paul would like to do. Elimination of business regulations would only lead to further ecological disaster, as is currently happening in many third world treaties. The reality is that enforcing business regulations not only protects our environment, they protect investors, especially people saving for retirement, lead to great efficiency and productivity, and most important of all, increase job growth.

Lastly, our problem isn't international trade, it is not forcing overseas manufacturers to play by the same set of rules. If you are worried about the one world movement, you should be more worried about the World Trade Organization far more than the UN. It is the WTO that want to turn us all into slaves.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mentalempire

OK, maybe tomorrow I'll do that...I was actually hoping for a financial video that wasn't paranoid nonsense earlier today, couldn't find one. Thanx in advance if yours in nonparanoid.

[edit on 8-11-2007 by mentalempire]

Have you seen Money as Debt?

I thought this one was the best explanation of the problem I've seen yet.

Let me know what you think.

[edit on 1/14/08 by The Axeman]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Appears the videos have been taken down, unless theres something wrong with my browser.
darn i wanted to watch them.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
i would agree with the poster who said the real amount of the unemployed ("rate") is alot higher.

Also agree like many do, that the rate of inflation is about double that which is reported ( of course because the CPI numbers) don't include food or energy. lol

I think what the fed does this for is because food and energy are sort of out of their control, and that these are more supply and demand issues (which can be argued)

I would also say that for the very small amount of production that comes from this country, yet the amount of $ inflation created, that the amount of INFLATION we have "felt" (even with real CPI numbers including food and energy ) that so far it has been Very very very low when taking this RATIO into account. the amount of inflation we Export is Tremendous.

It takes other country's surpessing their currency (to boost their surplus's and keep our prices low) as well as OPEC country's keeping a peg to our dollar and then both these party's reinvesting their profits in dollar assets to keep our intrest rates low to keep this party going.

More and more of our Growth is coming as a % of only debt growth based on financial innovations, not capital construction, debt which can not keep on growing and will implode soon. As the pressure of this implosion rises, gov't bailout talk will get louder.

the war in iraq boosted GDP about 2-2.5% over what the usual defense spending was for the 1995-2003 period.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
here's what the current (Fed manipulated) economy is all about....

the-great-retirement-experiment.com...

its about subsidizing Wall Street and the major Investment Banks...
while cheating the small investor

and cheating all the masses via designed Inflation (which they skew
to being less than 1.9%)

after scanning that article, would you, if you were an elite execuitive at a major Investment bank &/or a Wall Street elite who has access to the
Fed Reserve money lending window ~~~

borrow a couple of million at 3% and invest it in gold, either bullion or in ETFs, and arbitrage their lifestyles and bank longevity on the almost guaranteed rise of the commodity Gold to the generally agreed $1000-$1500 price before this next election??

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
^^ Excellent article.

This should be a must read for anyone who has money in the market.

Unless you plan on taking leveraged positions in the market using the FED's discount rates, tangible assets are the way to go.

Seriously people, buy: Gold, Silver, Platinum, Palladium bars, coins, rounds, bullion etc. Or start buying up these houses that are being foreclosed upon. Anything you can get your hands on.

The key phrase here being "hands-on" assets. Everything else that's written on paper will eventually be worth the paper it's written on.

The Federal Reserve is a private bank and does NOT have your best interests in mind.

If you've ever heard the old adage: "The rich get richer, and the poor get poorer" this is exactly how it's happening in this country right now.

The Fed is literally handing the keys of the castle over to the rich and the Chinese as we speak.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
What the heck the videos are already pulled?

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Argghhh, I am so sick of YouTube!!!

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
If America economy decline, World economy will decline.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join