It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why The French Know More About America than Liberals!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Sorry but this just cracks me up. I've got some transcript from the Rush show yesterday where he was talking about French President Sarkozy. This man was giving a speech that was making Liberal Democrats squirm in their seats. I'll link the full article but here are some excerpts.

SARKOZY (via translator): To the millions of men and women who came from every country of the world and who -- with their own hands, their intelligence, and their hearts -- built the greatest nation in the world, America did not say, "Come, and everything will be given to you." Rather, she said, "Come, and the only limits to what you will be able to achieve will be those of your own courage, your boldness, and your talent."

SARKOZY (via translator): The America that we love throughout the world impedes this extraordinary ability to grant each and every person a second chance, another chance, because, in America, failure is never the last word. There is always another chance. Here -- in your country, on this soil -- both the humblest and the most illustrious citizens alike know that nothing is owed to them and that everything has to be earned. That is what constitutes the moral value of America.

SARKOZY (via translator): America liberated us, and this is an eternal debt we owe America. (applause) Every time, whenever an American soldier falls somewhere in the world, I think of what the American army did for France. I think of them -- (applause) -- and I am sad as one is saddened to lose a member of one's family.

WOW!! And this is coming from someone who is even an American! Here is the link to the full article with more quotes and some feedback.

Sarkozy on Rush

I'd love to hear what some of you think of this. It just kills me!

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Sarkozy's potential downfall is that he applies the brutality that business requires in the market to people when they are out of it, and then yes, French tradition dictates that they need chances. Currently in Britain, only the Conservative Party believe in people being given a second chance. Gordon Brown wants to keep them in school til they're 18 when they haven't turned up since 11. You can take a horse to water, and education is a water......

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 02:04 AM
link   
OK. So where does this some how validate the actions of the "conservatives"? I see no where in that speech where the actions of the Republicans are validated.

Quite frankly, if you still see the world in terms of liberals and conservatives you need to read more of ATS

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I Realy like this guy. I have said it before, this guy is cool.

My fav was not when he was drunk at some summit, but rather when he was vacationing in the US and was out on a boat, and fliped out on a cameraman that was taking pictures of him! He boarded thier boat and trashed thier camera! A president that shows emotion... AMAZING!

I love this guy.

And he is such an eloquent speaker.

He understands what America did for France, and i hope that when the US is in need in the near future, that he and France will stand by our sides.

And when i read this, i nearly broke into tears...

America liberated us, and this is an eternal debt we owe America. (applause) Every time, whenever an American soldier falls somewhere in the world, I think of what the American army did for France. I think of them -- (applause) -- and I am sad as one is saddened to lose a member of one's family.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

Yes that's right it's cool to be French!!

America did not liberate France. The Allied forces did. The troops were from: The United Kingdom, Canada, American, Poland, Belguim, Australia and many others. His blatant butt kissing angers me and you sit there lapping it up.

And this the day after Vet's/Rememberence Day.

Deny Ignorance do we?

And as for the French standing by America when the time comes.

Don't hold your breath!

MonKey

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChiKeyMonKey
And this the day after Vet's/Rememberence Day.

Well thats today, so, no.

As for the allied forces liberating France, that is true, however, don't forget that the French turned tail and ran across the Channel, and the European theater of war was not doing so well until D-Day, which was spear-headed by a mojority of US forces, as well as men From the UK and Cannada.

Was it all the US, of course not, did they play a major role... that is a yes.

I like France now, and belive me, i have been telling french jokes for as long as i can remember, but i have since stopped.

I like Sarkozy, and i will trade you for him any day...

And on a side note, can you give me a reason not to like him?

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 01:41 AM
link   

A reason not to like him.

He's a politician! That should be enough right there.

And as for the cheeky remark! We're not all in the US and there's this time zone thing and I'm way ahead of you. In the future if you like!!

Have you ever been to France? - and that BTW does not mean PARIS, like most countries these days the Capital or most popular city is not a good representation of a country.

I'm not trying to get in to a who did what in the war thing here. It was purely the fact that he dosen't even mention the other nations. "Excuse me America could you bend over a little more, I'd like to get right in that crack!"

MonKey

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 01:41 AM
link   

A reason not to like him.

He's a politician! That should be enough right there.

And as for the cheeky remark! We're not all in the US and there's this time zone thing and I'm way ahead of you. In the future if you like!!

Have you ever been to France? - and that BTW does not mean PARIS, like most countries these days the Capital or most popular city is not a good representation of a country.

I'm not trying to get in to a who did what in the war thing here. It was purely the fact that he dosen't even mention the other nations. "Excuse me America could you bend over a little more, I'd like to get right in that crack!"

MonKey

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ChiKeyMonKey

OK, not all poloticains are currupt evil people. I used to think that.

Mabye it was the 12th were you were when you posted, but this statement was on the 8th, or earlier at least.

I haven't been to France, but I would love to in the future.

Im sure if he was talking to other nations he would mention them.

Are you liveing in France?

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I didn't say he was currupt or evil, all I said was that he's a politician.

He was only just voted in to power, and a lot of what he said with reguards to France will not come to pass. As it is with most PM's Presidents etc etc...

No I don't live in France, but I did work there in my youth and have travelled there many, many times.

J'ai parlez un petit Francais!

End of the day - What he said was very disrespectful to all the soldiers of the other nations involved in VE.

Ferme la bushe.

MonKey

new topics

top topics

join