It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Major tidal surge" headed for UK East Coast

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Yawn,
Your sermon is boring me, and it's misplaced in this thread...

Do as suggested, start a new thread under a different topic.

Long live the British! No silly storm surge will stop them.
Cheers, and stay safe..

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Glad to see no one was hurt, and no major flooding was found.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Telegraph Pics

BBC Pics

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by yahn goodey

It must be really great being as holy as yourself. I live in England, and of course there are criminals, as I believe there are everywhere. As for Harry Potter, it's as important as you make it. Move to the religion forum if you want to talk about God and i'll indulge you (although I must warn you that I don't profess to know Gods thoughts unlike you seem to)

Glad no-one was hurt and yes it could have been much worse. I did see one of the ministers on TV this morning before the predicted hit and apparently they knew about the possibilites of this happening 5 days ago. but didn't want to cause alarm. So they cause more alarm by letting the public know 12 hrs before!!!! I think the government were more concerned about the nuclear plant than the people

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sinthia

Who ever it is he or she is baiting you do not fall for it, all he/she wants is an argument. Dont give the satisfaction. er

As for yaall on the east coast, bet you alll held your breath last night and this morning. Let say thanks that it wasn't as bad as predicted....

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Wow . talk about disastrous

All day at the beach waiting for the surge to bring some cod with it and NOTHING
Seas are still too warm.

Tide was a little higher than usual but I'm guessing it needed a few more miles to really build up.
I haven't heard anything too bad anywhere on the east coast apart from a little damage at Yarmouth so everything is cool.

This is really strange after hearing about the superstorm though.
I was watching the forecasts a week or so ago and they were predicting flat winds/high pressures.
Even a relative novice like me could see a few area of low pressure starting to pack in around the UK likely to kick something off.

I wonder what qualifications you need to be a UK weather forecaster..
A window??

I haven't seen a weather map since I got in but the wind is really starting to pick up again..
Looks like Autumn has finally arrived.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jericho-X

Originally posted by Hellmutt
They have evacuated oil platforms in the North Sea, so this might make the oilprice go up even more...

That's right, they've evacuated all of the norwegian platforms several days ago actually. Been all over the news around here.

I live on an island, the south west coast of Norway, and there has been a major storm all night! Couldn't sleep anymore, too much noise from the wind outside

I know they've closed almost every bridges here tonight! It's been many years since its been a storm like this

My local news sites are still down, so I haven't read any news on the damage during the night...

Hopefully the tidal surge won't come to the UK
Hope all is well with you and yours.

I cant get any good news in America??? Any online live wb casts of the strorms??? Blessings to all of you in harms way.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by sinthia
... apparently they knew about the possibilites of this happening 5 days ago. but didn't want to cause alarm. So they cause more alarm by letting the public know 12 hrs before!!!! I

Yes, the likelihood of a tidal surge was picked up last weekend - and in fact was mentioned on the BBC Countryfile weather forecast last Sunday morning.

However, there was no point in putting evacuation procedures into place until much nearer the time, especially since the timing of the surge relative to high tide times was crucial as to whether defences would be breached.

I think the authorities did pretty well, although perhaps there could have been better general warning about the possibility on Thursday to give householders a bit more time to prepare sandbags etc.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 03:03 AM
link   
They knew about the storm long time ahead. The "ice storm" Andrea was the remnants of Hurricane Noel. They had evacuated oilrigs in the North Sea for days already.

Btw, I've heard in danish news that there were "freezing cold twisters" on Faroe islands. All flights to Faroe Islands and even ferries between the islands were halted because of the storm. I haven't found anything on the net on these "twisters". It's almost like the Faroe Islands don't even exist. Or maybe I was looking the wrong places...

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by spencerjohnstone

does this mean i wont break the existing guinnis record on ats for acquiring the most friends ever yet so far?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join