It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: FBI: Al Qaeda May Strike U.S. Shopping Malls in LA, Chicago

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Who goes shopping in Malls anymore? The threat seems silly to me, as I tend to avoid the Malls especially durring the holidays and shop online instead.

I really don't see any danger to my holiday shopping at least.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   
been saying it forever...don't even have to be holliday time.

you get 5-10 dude, all strapped up with whatever and go to 10 different cities and hit the food court and start pulling pins, you're gonna kill a lot of people.

that is somethin that could be put togther pretty fast too i would think....at this time, pull...

no security to speak of at the malls and the winter time would allow people to wear heavy clothes and not cause suspision

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Well taking into consideration the state of our economy and the financial woes at the stock markets, I guess when people stop visiting the malls for the holiday spending and is due to financial problems not because of terrorism.

We just have to blame Al-qaida.

I love it.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I don't see how anyone can complain about the government releasing this information. They have an obligation to warn the public of any potential terrorist attack, unless the intelligence has been found to be absolutely false. The government got a lot of blame for not warning the right authorities, or even the public, about intelligence alluding to a major attack prior to 9/11. Now, the government has to cover its butt by notifying law enforcement and/or the public whenever decent intelligence comes in about an impending attack. Because if this attack were to happen, and the government had been warned prior to it and didn't warn the public, then there would be a major outcry. And the very same people coming on here and complaining about this information being released would probably be whining that the government should have warned us!

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Rasputin13

I have not problem with the warnings and scaremongering, what I will be very worry of is what will be behind all this.

If anybody starts to see homeland security of Blackwater mercs security with rifles in our malls then we will have another conspiracy to talk about and it will not be about al-qaida that is for sure.

But occurs we all now that, that will never happen in America.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
let me be clear, i think this is just fear mongering as well.
i had not read any posts when i made that one and just wanted to get it in..then i go back and read the thread....

all i meant was all this time, from now till however far back, if the 'terrorists' wantes to terrorize us, all it would take is a few people with a few bombs in a few malls.
real cheap and real easy...nothing like a 911 operation you know...

so, this is supposed to be news to us? 'they' just trying to make our holliday season better by trying to freak people out??

this crap is getting so old....IF it is gonna happen it is going to happen. we are no more safe now than were were a few years ago. it's gonna be a train or a mall or a school or a bus or a thousand other things....
i think we can stop with the periodoc warnings about the possibilities that face us...

very annoying.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaiBosh
As someone has mentioned, this is all an excuse to get people used to the concept of heavily armed security forces being everywhere. Walk into the mall, have your bags randomly searched, keep you meek and quiet, easily managed...

They want to turn the entire free public arena into the same atmospehere as dealing with airports. You won't be able to joke about things in public, you will have to wear clothing that meets guidelines (to assure that you aren't hiding anything), etc, etc...

Wake up people - this is how a police state gets their roots grounded firmly in the soil around your homes.

Just because you're a paranoid conspiracy-obsessive, it doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you...

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Doom and gloom!

We are going to hear this crap every time a Holiday or special event comes up for as long as they can still play this boogie man game.

Its just to remind you while your thinking about Christmas and shopping and being happy to not forget that the terrorist are out there. Its like a brain washing scam to keep reminding you so the fear is always there.
Live your lives and stop listening to this crap. The government has this country on lock and if anything happens its because they want it to happen.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

You got that one right, this government should be prosecuted if after billions of dollar and the death of soldiers and civilians fighting two wars in the middle east dares to even hint that it has problem with the security of this nation and possibles attacks?

What a scam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
It isn't going to scare me from doing my shopping. I do not fear terrorists blowing me up. I have a better chance of dying driving to and from work everyday. When we stay home from fear of this then they have won and the government has succeeded in scaring us like they set out to do. Fear is power.
Also one thing terrorists should think about is that 48 States here have conceal and carry laws. You may get shot before you can push that button.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
My simple solution. We take these words; terror, terrorism, terrorist and my favorite "THE WAR ON TERROR" and we remove them from our everyday lexicon. Then we can oust DHS,
TSA and any other acronym whose apparent sole purpose is to remove the freedoms we have for so long taken for granted. While I am at it, I'd also like to remove "HOMELAND"
Lets go back to USA, The Nation, The Republic or to get back to the violence, maybe we could just call it for what it is, A CRIME. Then prosecute under the law.
It is completely beyond me how anyone, can any longer, take anything, the Government says seriously.
Prior to all of this fear mongering I am rather certain there may have been some serious threats to our national security. I also assume those matters were dealt with, without being announced to the public. What would be the point ? In real matters of national security why would one tip their hand, it would be counter productive. Then you are left with what purpose is served by posting a daily threat level (complete with numbers and oh so colorful artistic renderings )or the threat of the week,day,hour,minute....pathetic!

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Xwino

Very good post. I have to give you a star for that.
I have always wanted to believe that the administration had our best interest in mind. I am now starting to see things more clearly. In order to have full control they needed a common enemy that we can all relate to. Make us believe that the enemy is coming to get us and we give our leaders complete power, giving up our freedoms for safety. Hmm.
Maybe I have been blind to this all along. I truly hope not.

<< 1  2   >>

join