It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Bull is dangerous?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
frankly, too much of anything will kill you. Too much air is hyperventilation. Too much water is drowning. Etc.

that being said, Red Bull just tastes like a nasty chemical cocktail to me, so I never drink it anyways

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
A friend of mine says they know somebody who had a heart attack and died from 2 red bulls a day, and I think they guy that croaked was in his early 20s. I wish I knew more info so I could point you to a source, but honestly I don't even remember which one of my friends told me. Jager bombs rock, though. I'd take the risk for a few jager bombs.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Now Murdoch's newest puppet, The Wall Street Journal Health Blog is reporting that Red Bull could turn you into a rapist.

The students sucking down Speed Balls, Bullgaritas and Bull Breezes were much more likely to be hurt or injured, to ride with an intoxicated driver or to take advantage of someone else sexually.
The WSJ Health Blog.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I love energy drinks. I usually drink RockStar though. I can tell you this... my blood pressure always runs low. Why, I don't know. However, I can drink a can of Rockstar and get on a blood pressure machine, and my blood pressure is increased considerably.. I know because I have done it.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by smarteye
I'm trying to figure why Red Bull is being targeted and not caffeine in general. I believe the study is an excuse for a smear campaign.

Yep... Energy drinks are now out selling and out sold sodas last year, and the soda companies are reeling tons of money into these smear campaigns.

[edit on 8-11-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Thanks for getting the point. This maybe a small corporate conspiracy, but if we can could trace the events that set it motion, perhaps we could begin to see through other so-called 'news".

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Nobody tried Red Bull 'n' Whisky.? You don't know how much you would enjoy it if you could find it.

[edit on 8-11-2007 by Full Circle]

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Red Bull is being singled out because they are the most visible ie successful.

It's just like McDonalds. I can't count the times I've heard someone say "EW, I don't want to go to McDonalds, that # is so unhealthy. Let's go to Burger King instead" *Shakes head*

People aren't always very smart.

Bottom line though, energy drinks are not good for you and two red bulls a day is a really bad habit.

The real reason why Red Bull and alcohol is so dangerous immediately is because people don't realize how much Red Bull they are consuming. They end up drinking 10 or 15 cans of red bull and wonder why their heart exploded.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
Well red bull and alcohol is obvious, people when drunk loose a lot of the inbuilt danger warning systems that we have spent a life time building up - how many times you woken up and thought 'damn, I was lucky to get out of that one'?

Also, red bull and vodka enables you to drink insane amounts.. And I say that from experience!

... but strangely legal.

And believe me the effects of a hard night on booze primed with red bull, Feels like it should be illegal too.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
Taurine is a bit more worrying.

Take the taurine out of red bull, and you lose your wings.

Here I was thinking everyone knew that it was taurine that was the culprit.

Crazy, as someone above said, it's from a traditional drink from asian countries, used for it's effects.

I think there was a drink in Australia for a while, called Feeling Seedy - it had taurine in it, to fend off the effects of a hangover.. It tasted like pants tho.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Rockstar energy drinks???? Oh man those taste like pisss, and so do most energy drinks.... it's either tastes like piss, medicine, sodapop mixed with a bunch of crushed up vitamins or something..... or all of the above. I can sense when something isn't good for me when I taste it, and man none of those energy drinks taste right. Red Bull is prolly the worst for you though because it's prolly the least gross tasting.... and I often wonder about the ingredients involved.... if like, there's a possibility that they don't tell you everything that's in food products....

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Everyone has millions of tiny capillaries called nephrons that make up your kidneys. High blood pressure, diabetes, some genetic diseases blow these tiny little critters out. Lose enough and you go to ESRD. End stage renal disease. Classified as less than 2 percent of renal activity left. Not a place you want to go. People poke really big f'n needles into your surgically implanted fistula (typically in the arm) 3 x's a week. And you get to watch Montel for 3.5 hours while your blood goes wishy washy thru a cellulotic or pvc type artificial kidney attached to an advanced volumetric durable medical device. Just the facts, keep your nephrons intact and do regular bp checks. Taking a pill everyday is better than getting poked and prodded. jpm's public service announcement of the month.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Is there a minimum age limit for these energy drinks?

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ross Cross
Is there a minimum age limit for these energy drinks?

I think, its not recommended for kids.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Red Bull does absolutely nothing for me, I can drink it and go to sleep. Now as many have said, drink tooooo much of anything is bad for you and mixing with alcohol is not a good idea.

OH!! I forgot, everything is bad for us now.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I wish I had more impressive things to say.... but dude energy drinks are laaaaameasssssssed. They are a retarded donkey, that's right!

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by smarteye
The Sun

Beware: Red Bull Can Kill

Maybe they even admit it... Like "Red Bull gives you wings"!

Originally posted by pstrron
OH!! I forgot, everything is bad for us now.

It won't be too long until they discover it causes cancer like everything else...

[edit on 9/11/07 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Red Bull does virtually nothing for me, either.

I have tried Dunn's River Nourishment, which looks like milkshake and costs around the same as Red Bull. This stuff I've found does have a positive effect; physical as well as mental ability seems to take a sustained boost and not just a short-term buzz. I would imaging this stuff is also better for the teeth.

Apart from DRN every other 'energy' drink I’ve ever taken has either given me only short-term boosts or no boost at all. In fact sugar-loaded Coca Cola has been more affective.

The reason I initially asked about the age limit was due to the manner in which such items are made to look like regular soda drinks. Whilst in the super-market the other day I saw a woman buying about 10 cans of a similar substance because it was very cheap, and at the end of the till was her kid who must have been about 6, positively begging for her “pop”.

I know that vitamin tablets can be deadly, but am not sure about these soft drinks where kids are concerned. Since some are made to look like pop there’s a high probability they’d be consumed on more than one occasion in a 24hr period especially if they are cheap.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Maybe Rock Climbing and Motor Cycling give us cancer too.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by indierockalien
Rockstar energy drinks???? Oh man those taste like pisss, and so do most energy drinks....

It tastes a hell of a lot better than Red Bull or Monster

[edit on 9-11-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join