It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Jesus came back today, would he be viewed as a terrorist?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I have often made the remark that Jesus appeared physically more like Osama bin Laden than the pictures we see of him. Although, I seriously doubt that Jesus was that tall. bin Laden stands about 6'4" tall.

Anyway, would he be viewed as a terrorist? Well, it all depends. If he were to act as the modern imagination portrays him as acting when he comes back, probably...

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jakyll

If you dig deeper, the image of that white man is non other than Odin.

The Halo (not the cross symbol) was also taken from the images of Apollo,the God of the Sun.

Nearly every symbol and image of Christianity is taken from paganism.Jesus looks not only like Odin,but also like Zeus.

According to what I have researched, yes. The halo is the sun to depict the sun god. Interestingly, it is in all the worlds religions, take a peek:

Correction please, every symbol and image of "Roman Catholicism" is taken from paganism. It's rather difficult for me to categorize "Roman Catholicism" as true christianity. They belong to the pagan babylonian branch adopting some christian teachings only.

Not every Arab has very dark skin.Black and white people have different complexions.And Jesus being shown as a person with dark or olive skin is not a modern thing,as the links below will show you.

It doesn't matter, it's forbidden in the Bible anyways to depict God in any form or image.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by amitheone

According to what I have researched, yes. The halo is the sun to depict the sun god. Interestingly, it is in all the worlds religions,

Yeah,i know.
The symbol of the cross has its roots in paganism too.
As does the Madonna and child image.
Christmas,before is was called that,is also pagan.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   

The fate of the wicked:

Hmm,but who are the wicked? Apart from the obvious ones that is,lol!

This I can tell you, when Christians are already caught up in heaven, they will be transformed into a non corruptible immortal bodies. They will meet their King, Jesus Christ. After that, when the world's armies are gathered in Armageddon with all their high tech weaponries - raptors, apaches, abrahams, nuclear warheads, tomahawk missies, scud missiles, and etc., God's army, the glorified Christians will do battle in Armageddon to destroy all adversaries - wicked men and fallen angels. They will swoop down to destroy everything.

Nope, don't ever think christians will spend enternity with white robes on and with a harp floating aimlessly in the clouds as commonly depicted. They will become fierce warriors of God.

"I am immortal. I have inside me blood of kings.
I have no rival. No man can be my equal."

Here's the verse:

Joel 2

7 Like warriors they charge, like soldiers they scale the wall. They march each on his way, they do not swerve from their paths. 8 They do not jostle one another, each marches in his path; they burst through the weapons and are not halted. 9 They leap upon the city, they run upon the walls; they climb up into the houses, they enter through the windows like a thief. 10 The earth quakes before them, the heavens tremble. The sun and the moon are darkened, and the stars withdraw their shining. 11 The LORD utters his voice before his army, for his host is exceedingly great; he that executes his word is powerful. For the day of the LORD is great and very terrible; who can endure it?

Revelations 19

11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. 12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. 13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

--

When the world's armies sees them, their faces would turn pale, shaking in their boots and will cry out, "Aliens!"

Isaiah best describes it:

Isaiah 13

7 Therefore shall all hands be faint, and every man's heart shall melt: 8 And they shall be afraid: pangs and sorrows shall take hold of them; they shall be in pain as a woman that travaileth: they shall be amazed one at another; their faces shall be as flames. 9 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.

Non-believers will be damned apparantly,and it doesn't matter if you have led a life full of love,charity,selflessness,etc;your going straight to Hell!

It also doesn't matter if a Christian does these as well in order to be saved.
For men's righteousness are like rags to God. Christians or non christians alike. We are saved only through faith in Jesus Christ. After that follows good works. We are not holier than thou. We are still sinners. We make mistakes now and then. We are not perfect. We are just like anyone else.
We are still subject to sin, to our weaknesses.

However, being a christian is tough. It's a struggle. We are no longer pleasing ourselves, but God. You have to overcome your sinful nature on a daily basis. It is a life long commitment and discipline. Whenever we sin, we get this unbearable conscience. We feel so guilty and it bothers us. Unlike an unbeliever, no big deal. We are no longer slaves to sin, but slaves to righteousness. It's all about overcoming and triumphing over it. That's all there is to it.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Yes,thats the fate of the wicked,but who exactly are the wicked?

As God is quite a volatile character he could say that someone is wicked because they worship tribal gods,but they have never even heard of the Almighty so "they don't know any better."
He might let a serial killer off the hook because he is mentally ill and therfore not in control of his/her actions.

This I can tell you, when Christians are already caught up in heaven, they will be transformed into a non corruptible immortal bodies. They will meet their King, Jesus Christ. After that, when the world's armies are gathered in Armageddon with all their high tech weaponries - raptors, apaches, abrahams, nuclear warheads, tomahawk missies, scud missiles, and etc., God's army, the glorified Christians will do battle in Armageddon to destroy all adversaries - wicked men and fallen angels. They will swoop down to destroy everything.

Sound delightful,the kinda thing you'd expect from a loving father.
Why everything?
Do animals and plants have to be destroyed too?
That just seems pointless.
And when the "wicked" have gone and time passes,how will you know that you are righteous? How will your faith be proven if there is no one unbelievers to compare you to? How can God test your strength of belief if there is no sin?

We feel so guilty and it bothers us. Unlike an unbeliever, no big deal. We are no longer slaves to sin, but slaves to righteousness. It's all about overcoming and triumphing over it. That's all there is to it.

And why feel guilty?
Its made very clear that if you sin and you repent you will be forgiven,so therfore there is no need for continuous guilt.
And have you noticed how no human can avoid any of the 7 deadly sins?
Its physically impossible.

[edit on 9-11-2007 by jakyll]

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Yes,thats the fate of the wicked,but who exactly are the wicked?

Christians who has fallen away, forsaken Jesus and has taken the mark and worshipped the beast and his image. All those who did not repent after 6 consecutive warnings by the 2 prophets during the trumpets and the plauges. The 7th one will be the Great Tribulation which was cut short because of the 144K Jews and then comes the Wrath of the Lamb with the armies in heaven.

As God is quite a volatile character he could say that someone is wicked because they worship tribal gods,but they have never even heard of the Almighty so "they don't know any better."
He might let a serial killer off the hook because he is mentally ill and therfore not in control of his/her actions.

The gospel will be preached around the world as a witness, and then the end will come. Everyone tongue, nation, tribe will get to hear the gospel. Don't worry to much about how it will reach them, it will. We live in a modern world by the way where at the the touch of a keyboard, we can reach the whole world. Say, "Hello World. How are you doing? Wassup?"

Sound delightful,the kinda thing you'd expect from a loving father.
Why everything? Do animals and plants have to be destroyed too?
That just seems pointless.

lol. They are plants and animals dude. God can always create them. Don't worry, I have five dogs and I love them.

And when the "wicked" have gone and time passes,how will you know that you are righteous? How will your faith be proven if there is no one unbelievers to compare you to? How can God test your strength of belief if there is no sin?

We will be raised incorruptible. A return to innocence for the former things has passsed. Behold everything will become new, new heavens and a new Earth. There shall be no more sorrows, no more pain, no more weeping, for God will wipe away the tears in your eyes. For the former things has passed.

And why feel guilty?
Its made very clear that if you sin and you repent you will be forgiven,so therfore there is no need for continuous guilt.
And have you noticed how no human can avoid any of the 7 deadly sins?
Its physically impossible.

[edit on 9-11-2007 by jakyll]

We feel guilty because of the sin made. God made a way for Christians to release this guilt by confession of our sins and God will forgive it and remember no more. In one condition, forgive others just as God has forgiven you. We are free to go. Maturing every step.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
to get back on subject

if he came back as a man he would be seen by the powers that be as a terrorist.

but he wont come back as a man he will come back as the Son of God and not a man but this is still a good question

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reneau
to get back on subject

if he came back as a man he would be seen by the powers that be as a terrorist.

As I said previously, especially if he were to come back in the manner that the modern imaginations of man have concocted.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
When He comes back, His second coming, He will be viewed not only as a terrorist but as an invading army.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Christ doesn't come back til the near end of the tribulation. We will be ruled by the whore (either a place or person) for 3.5 years into the trib and then the Beast will rise. Remember, the world will be ravaged by natural events and diseases, Christ coming back is the least of government's worries, natural disasters could destroy huge tracts of America itself. According to theory, the year 2012, meaning the number 12, is a biblical number. I believe that the calendar is off exactly 12 years to hide the upcoming apocalypse. I believe that the early church tried to pinpoint his death from memory, not records, in order to establish the anno domini calendar, and were off 12 years. If Dec 21 2012 is the armageddon date, 7 years of power takes us to Dec 21 2006, which is incidentally the date Barack Obama and maybe others were elected to office. Think a black man can be the antichrist? We're too anglicized.

Just as Christ is descended from David, the beast must be descended from someone equally horrible. The jews have suffered most in three places - Rome, Egypt and Babylon. So I suspect the Beast may be descended from someone horrible from these nations.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Admittedly the terrorist angle is a tough one to bite on, but with all of the islamo-hatred abound in society today, while he may not be viewed as a terrorist, I think that people would have a hard time grasping the fact that the son of man has darker skin than we all thought.

On top of that, there would undoubtedly be groups that decide to take a stand against the messiah and start some right wing anti-???? movement. I think that it is horrible that this is the state of society today, but due to our media addiction, this is what we have been fed, and at this point the majority likes what we are being fed.

This all plays into the establishments goal of making us all so anti-islamic that when Jesus DOES come back, we will all question who he is and question ourselves as well.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Don Wahn
This all plays into the establishments goal of making us all so anti-islamic that when Jesus DOES come back, we will all question who he is and question ourselves as well.

Honestly, Don Wahn, I think that would happen regardless.. People are so spiritually blinded that I doubt they would know Christ if he were standing in front of them..

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join