It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scam at a UDF

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I walked a few blocks down the street to my local UDF (United Dairy Farmers) to get an Arny P (Arnold Palmer half Green Tea half Lemonade beverage). When I was checking out, a man walked in all ticked off and swearing. He pushed me out of the way and started yelling at the clerk about not getting the right change.
He was conviced that he gave the man a $20, but he gave him a $5 (i saw this too, and this is what the clerk said too). He was acting all angry and slammed his forties (40 oz. malt liquor beverage) down on the counter; one broke.
So now I calmly say to the irate man, "Sir, you gave him a $5, I saw it, the clerk saw it, and you saw it."
He started to get even angrier. The clerk calls the police, and they are already a half block away because this isn't the best neighborhood. The police show up, tell the man to leave and they act all macho until he leaves. The cops leave after him.

I was a little angry at the intrusion, but it was made better when the clerk said my orange juice was free and the undamaged malt beverage was mine if I wanted it.

So now i am slamming on some Steel Reserve 211 that I got for free (free is always good when you're in College).

I have worked behind a counter before, I know how this scam works. Pretty much anyone with any semblance of intelligence understands this scam.

Why do people still try this, when they know it doesn't work (especially in the hood)?

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by DINSTAAR
Pretty much anyone with any semblance of intelligence understands this scam.

Why do people still try this, when they know it doesn't work (

They are not that smart, and they think everyone else is on thier level. They think its going to work becuase they think your stupid and will get scared when they start yelling and crap. You did the right thing by speaking up!

join