It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia Declares State of Emergency

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
For almost a week there have been demonstrations in Georgia's capital by opponents to president Saakashvili.

Police end Tbilisi demonstration as Georgia's rift with Russia deepens

Georgian police drove protesters from the streets of Tbilisi on Wednesday, ending a peaceful six-day demonstration calling for the resignation of Mikheil Saakashvili, the pro-western president.

Violence erupted early in the day when masked police fired tear gas and water cannon to break up a rally outside parliament. Witnesses said protesters took refuge in churches and hotels.

Television reports said an estimated 200 people had been taken to hospital.
Source

Georgia Declares State of Emergency After Protests

Georgia's President Mikhail Saakashvili has declared a 48-hour state of emergency in the capital, Tbilisi. The announcement by the country's prime minister came after police used tear gas and water cannon to disperse demonstrators protesting for the sixth day against the Georgian president. VOA's Peter Fedynsky reports from Moscow.
Source

PS: the first time I posted about this was in the "Breaking Political News" forum, but maybe I posted in the wrong place, or nobody in there is interested in this type of news, so I decided to post it here. My apologies in advance if it is in the wrong place.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   

PS: the first time I posted about this was in the "Breaking Political News" forum, but maybe I posted in the wrong place, or nobody in there is interested in this type of news

Tell me about it...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Ukraine, Georgia, Pakistan - US' allies seem to have dug themselves so deep in cr*p that even a combination of masterful propaganda (which for Georgia revolves around blaming everything on Russia), police force, and US support can't pull them out. But not to worry - France is back at your table now with their new pop-culture errr- political celebrity (that being Sarkozy). Seriously - next time the US finances a "revolution" it should put its collective efforts into preventing another half-assed job, or stay out all together.

join