It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian \"Toy of the Year\" a Real Knock-out With The Kids

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Australian \"Toy of the Year\" a Real Knock-out With The Kids

www.abc.net.au

The New South Wales and ACT governments have banned a popular toy called Bindeez - because the colourful beads release a compound closely resembling the illegal drug GHB when they are swallowed.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.abc.net.au
www.news.com.au
www.theaustralian.news.com.au
www.theage.com.au

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Man, who is testing these things. Date-rape drugs for kids.

Is this toy marketed in other countries? Are people outside of Australia aware of just how harmful it is? Here's a heads-up.

www.abc.net.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
sad really they must be connected with china

anyways i dont think there is anything left in theis world that doesnt cause cancer or some other illness...

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaleGribble

anyways i dont think there is anything left in theis world that doesnt cause cancer or some other illness...

GHB is a recreational drug and a date-rape drug. In lower doses, it us used recreationally, and is, for lack of a better word, enjoyable.

So the affects are much more immediate then cancer. Assuming it is similar to GHB as the article suggests.

I think the real question is whether they manufactured the chemicals in, with the intent of its consumption, to increase sales. Not trying to discriminate against this particular company, but I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloak and Dagger

i was just makeing the point that it seems now a days most factorys cant be trusted. i mean even fishing lures have surgeon general warnings on them now. i have no idea what ghb is and dont care to know. when it comes to drugs if the doc dont give it to me i dont want nothin to do with it.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 01:35 AM
link   
If dealers found that out before the authorities did. The company that owns Bindeez would be billionaires
One a more serious note my uncle threw my cousins out that we bought him the other day for his birthday. I think all products that go under any sort of chemical reaction should be tested for these types of substances before they are allowed to be sold.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaleGribble
when it comes to drugs if the doc dont give it to me i dont want nothin to do with it.

Unfortunately that's not as wise as you think. For instance, both herion and oxycontin are derived and refined from the opium poppy. One is prescribed and one isn't. Do you honestly think one is okay for you, while the other is bad? Codeine and morphine also come from that flower. Most pharma drugs originate their chemicals from botanicals.

Ultimately, chemicals are chemicals, and drugs are drugs. You're doing yourself an injustice believing street drugs are bad and prescribed drugs are good. Both are good and bad.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
This reminds me of the "Aqua Beads" I see advertised on the kids channel.
Expect a recall here in the states then too. Is anything safe for our kids anymore?

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
who knows maybe it was meant to be in there.....
maybe somewhere along the line someone in the company thought what a great ploy to get parents to buy there product.... kids play with toy, swallow little piece that wont harm them directly, kid chills out and isn't a pain for parents.... parents continue to but that brand of toy as it seems to be good for the children and relaxes them at play time... lol
and unfort they somewho got caught out...

You just never know these days.....

top topics

join