It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do aliens go to heaven?...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Originally posted by badw0lf
It's like asking the question - "Where does electricity go when batteries die?"

One day my mp3 player is happily playing music for me, and the next - dead.. it's "soul" has left. All that made it what it was, now has no energy to cause it to be that thing. It's 'memories' stored in the sd card, can no longer be played at the press of a button.

What made the mp3 player work, what made it do the things it does, is no more. The energy is drained and has been dispersed.

I don't really believe that 'we' as who we consider ourselves right at this moment in life, are the same once our battery has run out. What makes us who we are, what gives us consciousness, is how we live our lives and how our corporeal bodies just work. Without the 'soul' we fail to operate, and all that was us is left in a decaying body in the ground.

I do believe however that there can be an essence that continues. Something that may be the sum of all of our experiences in this life, good or bad. Sometimes quite evil and dark.

And if there are areas in the afterlife where good attracts good, and bad attracts bad, that may be what could be termed heaven and hell.

But I very much doubt we'll be able to see the clouds, and the robed big guy and the pearly gates.

So perhaps if aliens exist, they may have their own heaven and hell, or perhaps when they die their essence may simply become part of the universal essence, to be part of whatever it is their essence feels an attraction to.

Problem is, the only way to find out is to never tell.

Haven't expected to find something so wonderful and entertaining hidden in this thread. Your thoughts have touched me somehow.
Although I am an atheist, I have a feeling as if there should be something in me which will subsist.
Well, perhaps that's only a cry of my despereate soul and/or my religious education, don't know.

Enjoyed your posting, thank you very much!

<< 1  2  3   >>

join