It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

athiest verces Christian

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I have to agreed with you Mr - Lizard
I was Christian, but I'm too open minded to believe in "god given gifts"
Atheist's in my opinion do not "Target" Christians,
But maybe since that Christianity is more known that most other religions world-wide,
it is presumed that Christians would be "Targeted".
As for Atheist's not being "saved"
I think that they already have been "saved"
Or at least that is what i proudly feel

but anyways that my two words

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
As a spiritual atheist, i do believe that a lot of organised religions are a form of brain washing, old fashioned - outdated nonsense and impractical towards modern living...

Individual merits and social morals should be the real focus, not whether we believe in some giant machine that eats planets or some elephant faced diety or some bloke who lives in a cloud castle in heaven or whatever... they are just the products of a wild imagination.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
@ Mr Lizard on your question "Can Atheists be saved?" Yes

Two murderers were crucified alongside Jesus. One repented and expressed his faith by saying, "Lord, remember me when you come into your kingdom." Jesus immediately replied, "Truly I say to you, Today you will be with me in Paradise."

There were some "luck" involved as this man gave his life right before his sentence,he had the time.Unfortunately death is usually unexpected so we don't know when it will be,and even if some do know we cannot "play" God as He knows our hearts.

We all walk a struggling path and some who have God in their lives don't have sympathy for non-believers and again vice versa,i admit i can get upset if people mock God but what will help not only them but myself as well is to be as quiet and patient with all issues.We are just flesh,we cannot judge any non believer as we do not know if that non believer will turn and have more talent than us ..in a spiritual sense.

A believer in Jesus is a forgiven sinner

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Jeez another Atheist vs Christianity thread?
No offense to the OP but this one does not even have a proper title it is versus not verces.Some Atheists generally have a problem with all religions, just like some Christians have a problem with all other religion because they do not believe in the same things they do. I used to be a Christian and now I am Agnostic because some Christians tend to judge others instead of letting God judge them. I looked through the Atheist eyes for one day just to see what they felt like and right away I was attacked by a Christian and condemned for not believing in the same thing that person did.

It is wrong from every side, everyone should tolerate others beliefs but this will not happen because you will get militants from every side trying to convert the other side.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Christianity attacks nothing. People attack. Christianity is a personal method. No attacking. Jesus attacked no one. He welcomed everyone. Do not attack, be gentle when you reach out with your heart to the heart of another.

Many times, what should have remained a heart-to-heart conversation, becomes a contest of wits and words.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by depth om
Christianity attacks nothing. People attack. Christianity is a personal method. No attacking. Jesus attacked no one. He welcomed everyone. Do not attack, be gentle when you reach out with your heart to the heart of another.

christianity isn't something jesus laid down...
look at the bible. the majority of it isn't the teaching of jesus.

jesus didn't attack anyone, but paul attacked women quite a bit...
hmm
oh, and jesus did attack the unbelievers. sent them to hell, he did. not a concept found in pre-jesus judaic teaching.

christianity does attack a few things, in fact.
women
decency
logic
reason
just to name a few

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   
the last points,
i have to largely agree with, the bible is not a teaching of jesus,
but a teaching of many individuals,..ordinary individuals.
The world should be of MORALES and standards...not of law or religion these bring only death and suffering.
But thats my view, and that no law NOR religion nor book of lies can stop that =]

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I've come across Atheists as, or even moreso, fanatical about their beliefs as any follower of any religion. Enough to qualify Atheism as a 'religion' in itself.

Treat others as you'd have others treat you including a freedom of belief and we'll all get along reasonably well.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pilgrum
I've come across Atheists as, or even moreso, fanatical about their beliefs as any follower of any religion. Enough to qualify Atheism as a 'religion' in itself.

...atheists don't have beliefs, we LACK them.
if i have beliefs, bald is a haircolor

and fanatical?
please, cite an example the second you start name calling

Treat others as you'd have others treat you including a freedom of belief and we'll all get along reasonably well.

ok, i'd have others ask me for logical backing for claims that i make that about the nature of the universe..

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Christianity. Christ-ianity. Way of the Christ. Jesus attacked no innocent thing.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by depth om

except for innocent unbelievers whose only crime was not knowing and being honest to the nature of the universe and of scientific truth

einstein was innocent... so was gandhi... yet, according to jesus, they're in hell

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

No one will be lost because he hasn't heard of Jesus. God says, "The wrath of God is being revealed from Heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities – his eternal power and divine nature – have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse." (Romans 1:18-20) He also promises, "You will seek Me and find me when you search for Me with all your heart." (Jeremiah 29:13)

God brings everyone to "God-consciousness" through the witness of creation. When a person anywhere, in any culture comes to God-consciousness – and then desires to know this God, He will move Heaven and Earth to get the true message to him. If he dies without hearing about Jesus Christ, it's because he did not want to know the true God.

God gave part of Him in flesh to set us free, after so many times of changing His rules,not that He is weak or easy but because He loves us so much.For anyone who do not believe or so have no inclination of trying it is very difficult to explain from a believers point of view.So all "arguments" shall stay as all see their own point,the beauty of freewill.

Cheers!

*Caught one of your earlier posts

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
christianity does attack a few things, in fact.
women

This objection comes up in confusing the context of the Christian model for marriage. Ephesians 5:22 says, "Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands, as unto the Lord." But the skeptic's objection collapses when the passage is taken in its full context.

Ephesians 5:25 commands husbands, "Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the Church, and gave Himself for it."

It is hardly "oppression" to submit to someone who loves you with a sacrificial love. Instead, it is a textbook definition of love – a key ingredient to a successful marriage.

So as men we must read The Bible carefully before seeing it as women are "lower" than man.Eve was made from Adam's rib which means "From Body" ..this already telling us men are not better than women and vice versa,though we are different in flesh in spirit we are the same.

logic

Basic Logic well imo

What kind of God would write an Instruction Book about how to live, command that it be followed as His Word and then offer no proof that it is? It insults whoever is God to even believe Him capable of such inconsistency—and unfairness! On what basis would He—or even could He—require obedience to such an Instruction Book, if He left no proof that it was authentic?

The apostle Paul wrote in the Bible, speaking on behalf of the One who claims to have authored it, “Prove all things; hold fast that which is good” (I Thes. 5:21). If God wrote the Bible, and He tells you to “Prove all things,” then surely He would not make proof of His authorship of the Bible an exception. It states, “ALL things.” In other words, would God require you to prove what the Bible teaches about all other points of doctrine or practice, but not expect you to prove whether an all-powerful God stands behind its authorship, requiring you to then obey it—adhere to its teachings? What sense would that make? God would never exempt from the need for proof (thus making them towering exceptions to this command) the questions of His own existence and His authorship of the Bible

decency
reason
just to name a few

On those i cannot see anymore "reasons" to answer ,maybe i do not get it,well clearly not

You stand firm in what you believe in ,so do others,yes some judge way too quick but it works both ways,a story always have three sides..yours ,mine and the truth,there are just some questions no one,no scientist / flesh can answer.Somethings are so for reason that we will know one day.

Bye

[edit on 11/15/2007 by qonone]

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   

...atheists don't have beliefs, we LACK them.
if i have beliefs, bald is a haircolor

and fanatical?
please, cite an example the second you start name calling

Perhaps 'fanatical' isn't exactly the right word to use but what I see is that deep down there is a belief that's one's own perception of the true nature of things is the correct one and perceptions vary.

A belief in no belief is a belief in itself is it not?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join