It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

athiest verces Christian

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
It seems to me that Athiests are focusing on Christanity .
Is it that there is somithing about Christanity that scare them so much that they hate it so. much like it is an passion to hate it ,but i dont see them hateing the others religeons as much. or at all may be Christanity is the right religeon, what do u think

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
To be totaly honest, is it not the Christians who attack the athiests? From what I've noticed it takes a Christian attack to provoke and athiest. Im a Christian and I respect your right to believe or disbelieve in whatever you want so long as you extend to me the same.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
ok but u think the athiest targets Christainity be cause its yhe one true religeon and they know so the dont waste their time with all the false relgeons

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Hating is not a virtue nor a teaching of Christianity, so a Christian who hates is not practicing there religous teachings. This is also true of other religions.

Might not a hating Christian argueing with a hating aethiest be on the same side of the battle of light and dark?

Meanwhile a loving aethiest, or other religion, and a loving Christian are both following a large part of the teachings of Christianity.

The personal relationship with Christ is also part of a Christians existance to give the spiritual backing when the battle of light and dark gets to heavy, for man, without the spirit of God, to handle. Jesus can step in and carry you a bit in the battle of the spirit. Love your god, faith in Christ, and the power of the holy spirit enable one to live in the peace and love offered by God. It is not a offer that will give punishment if not accepted, it is one that save man from darkness when accepted.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daytripper
ok but u think the athiest targets Christainity be cause its yhe one true religeon and they know so the dont waste their time with all the false relgeons

Hey, I am equal opportunity atheist! I'm equally 'prejudiced' to all religions.

What makes you think that atheists 'target' christianity? Do you not think there might be a different explanation for what you apparently perceive?

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
A real atheist would be wise enough to tolerate other beliefs. Lets all try to be Voltaire if everyone thinks they are omniscent.

[edit on 6-11-2007 by die_another_day]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
A real atheist would be wise enough to tolerate other beliefs. Lets all try to be Voltaire if everyone thinks they are omniscent.

[edit on 6-11-2007 by die_another_day]

I agree totally. I think he's referring to the "militant atheists". The one's that can't live their life and their decisions peacefully but seem hell-bent (sorry the pun for those of you with belief) that all of us get as spiritually-apathetic as they are.

They do exist - and they do live here. And they do attack unprovoked.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Daytripper

I think youre getting hating something mixed up with believing in something. Most people that are atheists dont hate religion, they just dont like the way it works. I have seen the word "hate" used very few times on most religion based threads.

By the way, us atheists dont only just disagree with christianity. It just appears that way as most of the ATS population that is religious is from the christian faith

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 02:08 AM
link   

...no, this is just an absolutely moronic and someone self-fellating line of reasoning. it's been explained on here before... look at how many christians are on ATS, look at the populations of other religions here. why would we attack the 10 pagans or the 4 muslims?

and it's actually more true that we disagree with all religions equally, we just discuss christianity more because it's the majority religion

Originally posted by die_another_day

i'm sorry, i can't tolerate things that lead to death, destruction, bigotry, and the continuation of many other horrid ignorances.

Originally posted by Valhall
I agree totally. I think he's referring to the "militant atheists". The one's that can't live their life and their decisions peacefully but seem hell-bent (sorry the pun for those of you with belief) that all of us get as spiritually-apathetic as they are.

no, we're "hell-bent" on getting people to stop being ignorant and throw down the shackles that have led to millennia of suffering and ignorance.

They do exist - and they do live here. And they do attack unprovoked.

i'm sorry, but we are provoked. quite provoked. there are threads entitled "why i know god exists" and "using logic and reason i can prove god exists" and "athiest verces Christian"
clear provocations.

again, i'm sorry, but we are ALWAYS provoked. in nations like america we're the least trusted minority (even though we make up 90% of the top level of the scientific community)

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Well, the religion i've been most exposed to in my life is Christianity. I imagine many of us are much the same. Your questioning is flawed because it doesn't take in the possible reasons why atheists seem to be focused on christianity here. How many religious responses have seen come from people not christian on here? Not many. Naturally i would attack what i was familiar with rather than something i know little to nothing about. I can cite bible references, not from other books. On a broader scale i understand that many religions influence society in both positive and negative ways. But i'll always use christianity as an example because i'm most familiar with it.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
See it in this manner ,if Atheists are correct that there is no God and nothing when we die such as an afterlife ,then Atheists and us Christian people will go to the same place ..eternal death,but if God is true those who do believe in God will be with Him in the end and non believers won't. So Christians don't lose out when we all die on this account.

All that Atheists can complain about is if there are Christians that force God or so anything down their throats in which they have no belief in...and vice versa.

Yes while on earth we devote our life to God ,others devote their lives to themselves,family and friends as they do not believe in anything,so we all do and follow what we believe in while on earth.

Christians cannot change the mind of non believers and non believers cannot change our minds,in the end we have freewill so we should all just be nice to each other as we are all fighting over something which have not gone anywhere in years.

If atheists attack me i will say my say but honestly i have not been attacked on ATS..yet.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
i'm an atheist and I don't target Christians, but I do notice it is the Christians who are the quickets to get on their high horses, quickest to get nasty and quickest to become defensive.

As for 'recognising the one true religion' then it really, really, really wouldn't be christianity that I would choose, I would probabaly choose Buddhism (even though it's more of a philosophy)...

Peace

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I haven't listened to all this but thought some might find it interesting.
It is a debate from King's college Dinesh D’Souza & Christopher Hitchens Debate
“Is Christianity the Problem?”
www.tkc.edu...

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

ugh... i saw this. i couldn't stand it. d'souza is really just idiotic in it... hell, even colbert has dissected him before. hitchens had no trouble dealing with it.
though the most painful part is the voice on the student introducing them..

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   

perhaps if you spent time in china, india, africa and other nations you would see that there is more to this athiest thing than english speaking internet message boards

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
i'm sorry, but we are provoked. quite provoked. there are threads entitled "why i know god exists" and "using logic and reason i can prove god exists" and "athiest verces Christian"
clear provocations.

if you read my original post on that thread, I never said it was the christian god. But people assumed it was. Then again, I'm glad I was able to express my true feelings, but in no way it was a provocation of anything.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   

...no. Are you saying that the fact that people who don't believe in a God recognize that the Christian God is the true God and thus are specifically prejudiced against Christians? You do see the flaw in that logic right?

If atheists are inclined to target Christians rather than followers of other religiions, which I'm not convinced they are, it's probably because you encounter a lot more Christians and even more influencial, you encounter a lot more Christians that are eager to try and condemn athiests.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   

It seems to me that Athiests are focusing on Christanity .

Yet you started a thread purely just to ridicule them..

Is it that there is somithing about Christanity that scare them so much that they hate it so. much like it is an passion to hate it ,

Is there something about atheism thats scares you so? You really are putting alot of effort into giving them a bad rep.

but i dont see them hateing the others religeons as much. or at all may be Christanity is the right religeon, what do u think

Anyone who refers to an entire group of people as them is in no position to be casting aspersions.. or throwing stones.

[edit on 11-11-2007 by riley]

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
this really inspired me, thanks for posting it.

Originally posted by Redge777
Hating is not a virtue nor a teaching of Christianity, so a Christian who hates is not practicing there religous teachings. This is also true of other religions.

Might not a hating Christian argueing with a hating aethiest be on the same side of the battle of light and dark?

Meanwhile a loving aethiest, or other religion, and a loving Christian are both following a large part of the teachings of Christianity.

The personal relationship with Christ is also part of a Christians existance to give the spiritual backing when the battle of light and dark gets to heavy, for man, without the spirit of God, to handle. Jesus can step in and carry you a bit in the battle of the spirit. Love your god, faith in Christ, and the power of the holy spirit enable one to live in the peace and love offered by God. It is not a offer that will give punishment if not accepted, it is one that save man from darkness when accepted.

it really is so frustrating to try to explain this ... feeling .. this.. force, the signs that are seen, the prayers that are answered, you just stop trying after a while.

Jesus is coming because people like me are converting, on their own account and accord, from lives of wickedness, and that says alot. The Spirit is working the world & harvest time is near.

To be honest, when I say I am saved, I mean it literally. Like I really feel saved, like I could've very well easily never had this in my life and now that I am receptive to it I just sit back and feel it, and think of the times that i didnt, and think of the times when i wont in the future. as well all go through our trials .. sometimes without assistance on purpose..

[edit on 11/11/2007 by runetang]

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
So will atheists never be 'saved'?

What if an atheist turns his whole life around from crime and drugs and being a bad person, to the opposite side of the coin, cleaning up his act, being kind and honest and thoughtful and even grateful for his life?

Is it possible to be an atheist, but at the same time grateful for whatever powers that be (not neccesarily a conscious deity or an omniscient being, more like the fluke chances of chemical and astrological elements that created our life) / that created us...

I believe in higher forms of energy, but i don't call them angels, I believe in visions and enlightenment, but I think it's more a case of tapping into a stream of consciousness (universal?)... than some god given gift.

I'm a proud, spiritual and open minded individual, who respects the belief of every christian, muslim,hindu, buddhist, jew or any other religion on the planet (which is more than can be said by the typical muslim-hating christians the spoil this site).

Peace

x

<<   2 >>

join