It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STOP Telling me to wear a Jacket or I'll catch a COLD!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Man!
I'm not a child...

Thanks for your concern but I sortta like the cold if it isn't windy.

I'll catch a cold? Really?

YOU CAN"T CATCH A COLD FROM COLD WEATHER!.

Uggg
Enough already! Stop bothering me and telling me I'll catcha cold if I don't wear a jacket. You may as well be telling me to stop making faces or my face will stick that way. OR that eating pop rocks and Pepsi will cause my gut to explode.

You don't catch colds from the weather you catch them from infected people.

I DON'T NEED A JACKET!
im not insane

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   

That reminds me of when I was in Australia. It was the end of autumn and going into "winter." I was in Brisbane. I was sweating, wandering around in tropical beach wear and all the natives were bundled up in their woolly jumpers asking me, "Aren't you cold dear?"

Cold?!? It's eighty degrees Fahrenheit. No, I'm not cold!

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Yeah. I've had people tell me to put a jacket on when it's "cold" out...or what they consider "cold" when it's like 10 degrees celsius (50 degrees fahrenheit). Them I'm like "What? It's not cold out! What are you talking about?" Or I'm like "We're Canada dang it! In Canada 10 degrees is warm! minus 10 is cold! (14 fahrenheit)

I hate when people tell me to put a coat on. Some people just think if they find it cold outside other people should as well.
If someone needs a jacket on then they'll put a jacket on.

-tts

[edit on 6-11-2007 by The_Truth_Seeker]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
LOL! MM. I spent 10 days in Clearwater FL with my SO in '96. I left Cleveland in February 24 deg F. I wore a t shirt and had the top down on rental Sebring. I got flipped off because the Floridians had their jackets on in high 60 deg weather. I love the gulf of Mexico, sand whiter than snow. So I am now pointless Mods? Hmmmm?, can't even garner a one pointer? Man am I in the proverbial ATS doghouse.

[edit on 6-11-2007 by jpm1602]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
yeah we used to go to florida every few years in the fall. it was fun to see people walking around bundled up in when it was 75f out. we were from ohio so that's swimming weather to us. =)

and no, you don't get sick from cold weather, at least not the way most people think. it's actually the moist mixture of warm and cold INSIDE your jacket a lot of times that can be conducive to "bugs" thriving. i used to walk to school in shorts and a jacket in the dead of winter. everyone thought i was a nut, but i was almost never sick.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
Cold?!? It's eighty degrees Fahrenheit. No, I'm not cold!

I guess it's not cold if you're used to it. I just came back from a camping trip up some hilltop jungles. It was at about that temperature at night. I was freezing. I'm used to temperatures over 95 degrees, so the first night I was up the hills, it was almost unbearable. But in the end I slept like a baby.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Umbrax

I totally agree here, I'm glad someone finally said it.

But you could get hypothermia if it was really cold. Yet somehow, "Put a jacket on or you'll catch hypothermia" just doesn't have the same ring to it.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
yeah, its really annoying when people say that, Scotland is quite cold most of the time, and it rains a hell of a lot :shk:
in winter, its quite cold, (sometimes dropping to -5C at night) though it doesnt snow anymore -it turns into sleet because of all the rain.

top topics

join