It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could someone explain how choosing a ATSNN story works?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I was wondering how mods choose or disregard a ATSNN story. How long does it for the Mods to see it and choose it and how do we know if it doesn't get choosen?

And finally what does Submission before your ATSNN story submission mean? Waiting to be submitted or kicked out?

Thanks for your help.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Every story submitted by a member is preceded with (submission) in the subject line. Once a story is accepted, the (submission) is replaced with the news category (i.e. NEWS
. Your best bet for acceptance is to follow these guidelines: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Every story submitted by a member is preceded with (submission) in the subject line. Once a story is accepted, the (submission) is replaced with the news category (i.e. NEWS

Your best bet for acceptance is to follow these guidelines:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

How long does this whole process take? Ofcourse it depends on many factors, but could you give me a ballpark number?

And how do we know if it gets rejected?

[Edited on 29-1-2004 by surfup]

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Sometimes we get busy and don't get a chance to let you know if a story is rejected. If it needs work to get accepted, we usually let you know via U2U. We're looking for timely stories. Something that's breaking within 12 hours of your posting the story is optimum, or big news within 24 hours of your post. Most important, we want your thoughts, your writing. An intro paragraph of 2 or more sentences in your own words is a must. ATSNN is the voice of ATS... this is your chance to get Google News to pick up what you have to say. Yes, Google News is spidering ATSNN 9 times a day now. Last week it was 6 times a day. And increasingly important... Grammar and writing quality. We'll be taking closer looks at the overall quality of what you write, in addition to the nature of your story.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Most important, we want your thoughts, your writing. An intro paragraph of 2 or more sentences in your own words is a must.

That is why couple of my stories got rejected, I didn't write a topic sentence. Thanks for clearing that up.

And congrats on the wonderful job you and the team are doing.

If this continues, we will soon have field reporters in hot spots of the world and be the first one to post the story and not just mirror it.

top topics

join