It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weight, length.. and Time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 02:22 AM
link   
sorry to prod this further..

but if your opinion is that time does not exist.. does weight also not exist? what about length?

do you say time as to something akin to weight?

so weight is never absoute.. but maybe it "exists" because we can put it in a 3 part equation.. w=m*g or w/e

but time? what is time? we cant define it so simply so it does not exist..?

humans describe time with distance usually. its not accurate but it helps people concieve.

is one inch a different actual distance because you call it a fmeb?
no thats just linguistics. so "this amount of distance" is "this amount of distance" regardless of what you call it..

we relate time in this manner as well. one second is the amount.. call it a smek.. its still the same amount of time..

length is the distance between one point and another.. so is time..
length.. distance. weight.. its all physical. time is not.

as far as length goes we use space to define it.. length is the distance in space between one point and another.. or something like that

and tiem is..? the distance in..? between one point and another..

i'll just wait for a responce.. however long that takes. ^_-

-G

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   
the best i can do for you is that i observe a 4 dimensional univerese, three spatial + one time. we may live in a twelve dimensional universe but we are not sure yet. but we know for a fact there are at least 3 spatial dimensions and this thing called time. time is not a constant from an outside observer, but to an inside 1st person observation one second will always equal one second. hope this helped but i'm no expert and even experts never agree on anything so what do they know.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Weight seems to be relative to the mass distorting the fabric of the "space". By that criteria, then it too is as elusive as time.

Since time is controlled by the "speed" of the observer, and that "speed" is itself controlled by the resistance of the space surrounding the observer, then "weight" has a value to time in relation to the distortion of space at a given point.

Maybe.

Edit to add: Are all things just a separate side of the same coin here?

[edit on 6-11-2007 by NGC2736]

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   
well close but instead of weight you should call it mass. in space weight (as in 50 pounds) can't really be measured by a scale, but it's mass can be measured and with that you could figure out it's weight. the more mass you can squeeze into an area of space the more gravity it will have. i think gravity and mass are interchangeable in equations. also the speed at which you move through space has an effect on time relative to an outside observer.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by some_stupid_name
well close but instead of weight you should call it mass. in space weight (as in 50 pounds) can't really be measured by a scale, but it's mass can be measured and with that you could figure out it's weight. the more mass you can squeeze into an area of space the more gravity it will have. i think gravity and mass are interchangeable in equations. also the speed at which you move through space has an effect on time relative to an outside observer.

^_^ i think the same.. although i could never spell it out like that.
i agree though.

mass can be calculated.. mass does not change due to other factors..
no matter where you are.. your mass is the same.. but not your weight.. thats depends on gravity which is not constant. per position in space.

time is perception and not something we can yet measure with an instrument at a prolonged period of..... time..... see thats the issue.
time and change.. everything changes constantly.. and thats time.. not a deffinition but an observation.
nothing ever stays Exactly the same.. period (.) Just because you cant see a difference.. doesnt mean there isnt one on a microscopic level..

time is the flow of change. O.o

i duno.

-G

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Time is one of those weirdos. Everyone seems to have their own "time clock". Younger people have a different perception of time from older people.

top topics

join