It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions for Ryan Mackey NASA Scientist: Was he paid govt dis-info?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Just for the record, I don't like Mackey's response either...even if I don't agree with the reasoning of the OP.

I think the man protesteth too much - especially for some one who refuses to join. He sure spends a lot of time lurking here.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitzgibbon
Here's a notion: why don't you go over to JREF and ask him yourself?

I believe my previous post tells you why I will NEVER join a trash pit like jref. Sure it started out good but I have seen the posts. They let everyone bash each other by calling names. Not very adult for a bunch of so-called scientists IMO.

BTW, I have never been a part of jref and have never been banned from there etc. Just in case you were going to use the "disgruntled employee" act.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

He was not lurking here.... please go to page one of this thread and you will see a link to Jref where he was told of the accusations in here. They were posted at Jref.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Oh! Okay, let me modify it...he spends an inordinate amount of time discussing ATS threads.

There, I fixed it.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Griff

Griff ~

The mods at Jref are constantly talking about attacking the post and not the poster.... yes there is name calling from BOTH sides over there. People get banned there as often as over here.

If you have your facts to back you up...you wont have a problem. If not... you will get called on EVERYTHING you post.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Valhal... he has discussed one thread at JREF that deals with ATS. That is this one. If you are referring to the thread that I created about his paper, that was not discussed at JRef. (that I am aware of)

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I'm just curious if he's had any response to my thread on the discussion of the NIST letter. It contains a bunch of the points he refused to address when I brought them up previously. Remember? When he begged off saying I needed to do his research for him?

Well, I think a substantial number of the discrepancies are now enumerated, so did he have anything to say? (I'll let you do my research for me because I don't have time to skim their site.
)

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainObvious
although he did tell you that his paper was done on HIS time.

Not really. He stated he didn't use government resources, as that is against policy. Big difference.

In regards to him not answering to anyone... not EVERYONE has a boss to report to daily. I for one do not as I am the Director of my facility. So my daily job does NOT consist of reporting to someone. (besides my wife)

But do the American taxes pay you? Me neither. But his salary IS paid by us. That means, I'm sorry to say, that yes he does have to answer to the American taxpayers. Relatively speaking.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Griff

Griff.... no he doesnt. If a firefighter wrote on a blog ... would you expect him to answer you about when he did it?

You and i BOTH know the OP was looking to discredit Mr. Mackey from the beggining.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Valhall.... read his white paper.... then e-mail him yourself.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainObvious

Maybe it was a bad posting day or two that I lurked there. I am not going to make accusations as I'm not positively sure. But the venom there really turned me off from that site.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   

reply to post by Valhall

Valhall.... read his white paper.... then e-mail him yourself.

I read his white paper.

I'm going to do the same thing he did...if you won't do my work for me then the issue is dead.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Griff

I actually think you would be well respected there Griff. You have raised many good points in here.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

If you did in fact read his papers and in fact had issues with it, I trust you would question him. If your e-mail to him is sincere, I assure you his reponse will be just as sincere.

We do what's important to us.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Griff.... no he doesnt. If a firefighter wrote on a blog ... would you expect him to answer you about when he did it?

If I had a complaint. But, as I've said, the complaint is a little weak. If Mr. Mackey does his job, and does it correctly, who am I to say anything about his possible break time? Especially when I am guilty of the same thing. But, again, I am not paid by the tax payers. So, basically, I see both sides to this issue.

You and i BOTH know the OP was looking to discredit Mr. Mackey from the beggining.

Possibly, possibly not. I don't pretend to know. I was just pointing out that all this critisizm is a little unwarranted against the OP IMO. He/she had a question. Isn't that what it's all about?

Also, Mr. Mackey IS the one who opened himself up to critisizm in the first place by writing a paper, using his NASA credentials, and supplying his e-mail address. If I wrote a paper debunking Mr. Mackey's, I would expect critisizm.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Thanks. And I don't mean to bash their site. To be honest, I spend too much time here as it is to join another forum. I DO have to get my work finished also.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
Also, Mr. Mackey IS the one who opened himself up to critisizm in the first place by writing a paper, using his NASA credentials, and supplying his e-mail address. If I wrote a paper debunking Mr. Mackey's, I would expect critisizm.

The OP was not critisizing his paper... only the time and manner in which it was done. The OP should have read the paper...and discussed it with Mr. Mackey.... it is obvious he did not and looked only to discredit him by questioning his manner of how and when the paper was drawn.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   

I understand what you say. Should Kevin Ryan have been fired from UL for using company time posting e-mails to NIST disputing the official story?

I believe this is where the OP is headed. If it's good for the goose, it's good for the gander.

[edit on 11/6/2007 by Griff]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Griff

HUGE difference Griff .. come on now! He used UL letter head and sent the memo not ONLY to NIST but to several Conspiracy Theory web sites. Waterboy was and still is an idiot.

Ryan only stated that he works for NASA. At no point does he imply that NASA agrees or disagrees with his paper. Like he said.... They have no idea he wrote it.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by etshrtslr
Working to X hours is not relevant when on taxpayer time or who he might answer to.

What are you, an auditor?

And if Mr. Mackey does answer to some one "relatively speaking" does he or she know about your paper and posting history on jerf and your touting your position as a government employee to try and add credibility to your post and paper?

Last I heard, government employees still have freedom of speech.

Also, stating your position and background is quite common and an accepted practice as it shows how your experience has relevance to the subject.

I bet you were that jealous kid in school who tattled on the other students who brought gum to class but wouldn't give them any. Just a guess.

Why will you not provide (Mr Mackey) a clarification of your posted statements on jerf and your work schedule during the times you posted on jerf to clear up any misconceptions I might have or any other American tax payer might have with concerns you did this on the tax payers dime?

Why in the world would anyone care about any misconceptions YOU have?

After all you stated:Good Luck trying to correlate my post history against my work schedule. Sounds like a whole lot of work. Have fun, paranoid idiots...
Calling American taxpayers "idiots" who pay your salary while at the same time spouting your position in a government paid job in debunking 9-11 conspiracies to try and enhance your credibility is nothing short of offensive and out right arrogance on your behalf Mr. Mackey.

I'll let you in a on a little secret here... you, me, anyone in this thread, and anyone else they know, only pays a very tiny fraction of a penny of this guy's yearly salary. I would say you got much more than that in return, at least his 2 cents.

To me it's priceless.

And challenging the American tax payer to figure out your work schedule and posting history on chat form is a complete total obfuscation.

This isn't Burger King, you can't "have it your way" here, sorry, it just doesn't work like that. Just because he works for the government does not make him a slave, nor does it make you his boss.

You seem to be the one concerned about it, so guess what, you get to figure it out. Have fun wasting your time with that one.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join