It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Part Of The Universe Missing!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
www.astronomy.com...

This Is really kool i think

crazy crazy astronomy.
I Still Think 20 percent is too Big Of An Error , but like i say, we need to walk Backwards to move forward.

[Goody Proctor]

[edit on 5-11-2007 by Drzava]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   
A BIG
PART OF THE UNIVERSE MAY BE MISSING
AND NOBODY
CARES?

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drzava
A BIG
PART OF THE UNIVERSE MAY BE MISSING
AND NOBODY
CARES?

I'm sure they'll find it. I lose my TV remote all the time and it always turns up.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Im always happy to see science having to change their "fixed and irrefutable facts" every few months. This means that things are not always as fixed and factual as they are presented to us by a continually arrogant scientific establishment.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I agree w/ Skyfloating.

After reading the article, I think the headline is misleading, this is due to some calculations taken in the past that were wrong. "Missing" is more in relation to what the scientists know/knew and just corrections.

The Astronomy Mag website is pretty rad though, been spending some time on it this AM -- pretty sweet Venus Express first view from April 2006:
www.astronomy.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueTriangle
I'm sure they'll find it. I lose my TV remote all the time and it always turns up.

Best answer in the post
My cheeks are hurting from grinning to much

I'm in agreement with the previous two posters -- 'tis probably an error in calculation somewhere which will eventually be resolved.

Speaking of which, did you see the title of the related article from that link? "Missing black holes found"

Just like the TV remote

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

There aren't too many good scientists who would use the phrase "fixed and irrefutable facts" when discussing the make-up of the universe (or many other scientific topics, for that matter.)

Scientists know very well what the terms "hypothesis" and "theory" mean. Theories and hypotheses are just that -- most scientists know these are not "irrefutable facts", but just educated guesses that are attempted to be proven through experimentation and observation.

top topics

join