It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

one of the great female wrestlers, the 'fabulous moolah' is dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

COLUMBIA, South Carolina (AP) -- Lillian Ellison, professional wrestling's Fabulous Moolah, has died. She was 84.

Ellison died Friday, according to Dunbar Funeral Home in Columbia.

Born Mary Lillian Ellison in 1923, she was dubbed the Fabulous Moolah after saying she wrestled "for the money ... for the moolah."

She was a longtime champion and the first woman inducted into the World Wrestling Entertainment Hall of Fame. Her autobiography, "The Fabulous Moolah: First Goddess of the Squared Circle," was published in 2003.
-------

moolah was the shizz.
i know there are a lot of wrestling fans on here. if you can catch the documentary called 'lipstick and dynomite'. i think it is on showtime you should watch it.

it's all about the oldschool female wrestlers from back in the day.....chicks like moolah and mae young.

those girls were TOUGH man...they were wrestling back in the day when they would actually hook for real.

moolah made her money but she also looked out for a lot of girls in her stable and trained a lot of girls how to hook.
-------------

en.wikipedia.org...

she started wrestling around 1945 man.....that women had a tough life for sure....she started back when it was not glamerous for women like today....

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Yeah If I wasn't mistaken I used to see her sometimes on WWF (in the 90's) right? She made some cameo appearances.

May she rest in peace.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Yeah If I wasn't mistaken I used to see her sometimes on WWF (in the 90's) right? She made some cameo appearances.

May she rest in peace.

yup.
90's and 2k's her and mae young were doing things.

she was huge in the 80's too when GLOW(gorgeous ladies of wrestling) came out.

she really as awesome man...those were some tough ole gals...

new topics

join