It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is everyone so senstive?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Get over it! Seriously, why do people get their 'feelings hurt' so easily and so often? Why things so small as 'racial' slurs or name-calling really affect to majority of the population? Slurs and names are just words and phrases. Does it really kill you to be cussed at? Will your life end if everyone doesn't like you? Why do people care so much about what other think about them, especially if you don't even know them, or don't care about them otherwise?

Why do people are people always getting into others business when it comes to things like 'hate crime', the so-called 'violence', and name-calling? What do you care what others do, say or think? :bnghd: If I were to say something you don't agree with, why would anyone really give a second thought and be offended when they do? It's come to the point where everyone is SO hyper-sensitive about EVERYTHING imaginable that it's near-impossible to speak your mind. You can't voice your opinions or even speak FREELY [there's a concept!
] without worrying about hurting someone’s feelings or being reprimanded for saying something that is offensive to at least one person. People are offended about a lot of stupid stuff. If even one person is offended, it apparently MUST be banned.
This reminds me of that one South Park Christmas special where everything deemed 'offensive' was taken down, leaving their towns Christmas barren and lifeless. And then they had the GALL to complain about how the kids play sucked without the things that 'offended' others.

Can we not live without having the PC police following our every action? And that's another funny ideal. Politically correct. Who came up with that genius concept? It's becoming LAW now against things that are deemed 'inappropriate' by the government. We have NEVER had free speech in this country as long as we are not allowed to say cuss words on TV, or even on websites like this. And on another note, why are cuss words even offensive anyways? How stupid can a person be to let made up words make you all offended? :shk: Is it so difficult to just ignore racial slurs and look the other way, thereby letting the idiot who fights with stupid words stew in his own?

But no. Not patriotic to call French fries, French huh? Much better to call them FREEDOM FRIES so they won't be confused with their twin from Paris. PC is a war on the individuals right to have free unbounded thought. It's hearing-impaired, not deaf. Little people, not midget or dwarf (even though they suffer from DWARFism). Even the popular 'African-American' term instead of 'black' is idiotic. Are you so ignorant to say that every black-skinned person is from AFRICA and is American? There are no BLACK people in Britain who came from Jamaica? Please. And why must we bubble-wrap children up to everything they see on TV, butt then charge them with finger-pointing crimes in the interest of 'homeland security'?

(Con't) :shk:

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Chairman is now chairperson; Assemblyman is Assembly person. No more using the words cowboy or cowgirl, landlady, or landlord. The phrase Founding Fathers has been removed from America's textbooks and if used at all, is replaced with "framers." Illegal immigrants are now referred to as "undocumented immigrants."

Realtors have been told by the PC police that the term walk-in closet is inappropriate to use because it discriminates against "wheelchair-bound persons," and the term master bedroom infers slavery.

Source

Guess we should ban all walk-in closets, cars, or businesses that don't have ramps huh? There are alternatives to forcing people to conform to such ridiculous things such as this. I am sick and tired of seeing things censored, blocked out, or edited because the mainstream finds something 'inappropriate'. In my opinion, NOTHING should be found inappropriate and everyone should just get over themselves. Stop trying to ban everything you don’t agree with! FSM!

Anyone else getting my drift here?

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
PC

Not Me!!

ChiKey MonKey

BTW Fries come from Belguim not France, but Belguim fries sounds crap!

Also Hamburgers are from Hamberg, but I think Germanburgerz sounds better.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   
mmmm german burger. Framers are you serious?! They have been called our FOUNDING FATHERS for what now, 200 years? Why the hell stop now! Just because it has father in it? Well were thay not male! Was GEORGE WASHINGTON a dude, dudes?! Now please don't think im a sexist anti-feminist. Im just saying come one people!

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tetsujin420

Well two things. First to C-Monkey my point on the French fries are that 99% of people think fries came from France (i.e. Paris), hence the name. They wouldn't think they came from Belgium. Second to tetsujin, even the fact you say "Now please don't think im a sexist anti-feminist." proves my point. Got to add a disclaimer so no-ones feelings get hurt!

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   
very good question dude. or gal. whatever the
you are.

i was wondering the exact same thing when i made my to any lady who decides to date a brother thread over at the relationship forum. i merely spoke my mind, and for doing so i caught a massive amount of hate from a plethora of big gals.

*shrugz* people are delicate.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by LordInfamous

Agree'd. People need to just chill and stifle themselves for a moment and THINK, before they go running their mouths at someone who has a different viewpoint of theirs.

And yeah, I'm a dude.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordInfamous
*shrugz* people are delicate.

The only reason people are delicate (or so it seems) is because they've been coddled and pampered with all this PC bull crap. So it just keeps feeding into itself.

Call a spade a spade, man. Stop sugar-coating it. That being said, learn the difference between a spade and a hoe, as well as the exact sameness of a spade and a trowel. Just like brinjals and eggplants are the same. Now a red capsicum is not the same as a pimento, though they're the same family. But I digress.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Well, if one can speak their mind un-PC, people who don't like what they're hearing have the right to speak out against it.

Just the way it goes -- knife cuts both ways. Deal with it.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Geo politicism and politcal correctness has indeed gone to the extreme. It has come to everyone walking on eggshells so as not to offend anyone. Blatant hatin' is one thing, telling it like it another. Don Imus and many others can attest to that.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

I know MM. Like I've always said when someone disagrees with my points of views; "I don't agree with what you're saying, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it... but I also reserve the right to tell you you're an idiot. (And are still wrong)”

It does cut both ways. People should be allowed to have controversial opinions and not be censored for them. They should be questioned, yes, like everything, but not told they are unarguably wrong. Hell, you'd probably stone me for what I believe in.

top topics

join