It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd markings on knees.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Hey Guys and Gals, I have an "issue" im hoping you guys can assist me with.Here's the deal.

About three months ago I awoke to a searing pain in both my knees. I felt as if someone was literally holding a lighter to my skin and burning my flesh off. One of the worst feelings ive ever felt. I removed the blankets and to my dismay there was nothing there.

I ignored the happening, until about a week later when strange marks appeared on my knees. There's two sets of parallel marks. Four lines all in all. Two on each knee cap. They are redish in colour and are not cuts. They feel to the touch like indendtions in the skin.

At first i assumed they were from my sleeping position. Causing a prolonged indention in the skin that presisted throughout the day and was reformed in the night's sleep.

but after testing many different sleeping postions and looking for possible objects that fit the marks, i've concluded that the marks are not caused from sleep patterns.

I simply ignored this. But three months past and the marks remained as clear as the first day i saw them.

I've heard of stories where a "Ghost" or "Spirit" has cut marks into an inhabitants body, but i do not feel that my current home is haunted or inhabitied by un-worldly forms. And like i said above, these are marks , not cuts.

So, i've come to you, asking for assistance and hoping you can guide me to a possible answer.I will try to post some pics within the the next days.

Thank you in advance.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Sounds weird you not made an appointment to to doctor for an X-ray and see if anything is inplanted? or it might be build up of fatty tissue I have a area on my leg that has a large lump I just got told it was a tissue build up and I would be fine.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Ok, i hate to say this but:

I have been experiencing the same problem- although not with those marks as stated by the OP, but with a couple of black and blues. I have woken up to what feels like getting a good swift kick on my knees and indent marks

Is this the latest campaign by "something" to make earthlings weaker?

I have been experiencing this for months now.

I am not a hypochondriac. Really.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Uh, this may seem obvious, but pictures?

Take a couple shots from the front and from the side and post them on a photobucket account, then link them here.

Good luck!

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 07:11 AM
link   
what was the opinion your doctor had about this? you did see a doctor before coming to ats for thoughts about this right? no pics, then?

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Sounds like a classic case of astral projection sex, I bet you were on top.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I guess you have to kinda' imagine the best position for "probing".....maybe you should ask the little grey pervs to put some kind of cushion down?

[edit on 5-11-2007 by MrPenny]

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Pictures. Some are not very clear due to my lack in photography skills.

No, I have yet to see a doctor about the subject, just because I'm afraid I'd end up paying 30 dollars just to have him tell me its nothing.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Bump , i'd really like to get some opinions in here.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Um, this may sound like a dumb question, but, sometimes the most obvious solution is found through stupid questions haha.

Do you do anything that may contribute to this? IE: Sports, special kinds of "lovin" that require you being on your knees, are you a carpenter?

Those markings look very normal to me. I have actually gotten them several times myself from playing football and from sex of the missionary variety done on carpet. They definitely look like they could be carpet burns.

Also, do you sleep on a futon or a rough mattress? If so, you could be doing it in your sleep, especially if you a "one knee crunched up" sleeper.

Jasn

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   
do you still wake up to burning knees periodically? or was it just the one time? if just once then #it.. it its recurring then see a doctor.. if he blows you off then see another one..

if its recurring then when the doctor says its nothing rage on his ass and proclaim him incompetant and find another doctor thats not a retard.
a good doctor will figure out whats wrong or tell you that medical science cannot explain it given the circumstances.

grab a hammer and bash your knees in and then instead of going to a doctor.. come post on the ATS board..

"recently i bashed my kneecaps in and im in emense pain.. what shoud i do?" ^_^

im dramatizing of course but you see my, and others, points.

-G

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimiusDei
Um, this may sound like a dumb question, but, sometimes the most obvious solution is found through stupid questions haha.

Do you do anything that may contribute to this? IE: Sports, special kinds of "lovin" that require you being on your knees, are you a carpenter?

Those markings look very normal to me. I have actually gotten them several times myself from playing football and from sex of the missionary variety done on carpet. They definitely look like they could be carpet burns.

Also, do you sleep on a futon or a rough mattress? If so, you could be doing it in your sleep, especially if you a "one knee crunched up" sleeper.

Jasn

No, lol i do not have prolonged exposure to preasure on my knees. I am not a carpenter and well...sex is not in the question at the moment.

And the pictures i posted were of both knees. I guess i should have posted "right knee" "left knee". And once again i do not feel they are from sleeping.

In my mind if they were from sleeping, or any activity in this case, they would be in different places during different times. I've marked (traced with a pen) the marks, and they do not "move".

And once again i see where you're coming from saying they look normal, and i agree they do.. except they've been in the exact same spots for three months now. If they were from acitivites they would be in different spots.

to the next poster, it was a one time thing, and im guessing a doctor is my only choice. Although im willing to bet a large sum that he will dismiss it as one of the topics listed by the poster above you.

Anyone else have theories or possible solutions?

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 02:47 AM
link   
see doctor.. explain situation.. if he does not listen or merely dismisses it.. see another doctor.. if you dont have the money for all that then your SOL - even if you do you may not find an answer, which is the thought that might have encouraged your post..

its weird.. the marks

does it still hurt.. doesit still wake you at night sometimes in pain? if not then its not really a big deal.. just a mystery.

-G

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 05:22 AM
link   
See a doctor. Now.

You have damage to your kneecap or surrounding tissues that is causing internal bleeding. The bleeding is the red marks you see.

Go and see a doctor immediately. Neglect this now and you will regret it with every limping step you take in later life.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
See a doctor. Now.

You have damage to your kneecap or surrounding tissues that is causing internal bleeding. The bleeding is the red marks you see.

Go and see a doctor immediately. Neglect this now and you will regret it with every limping step you take in later life.

Your source, please.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Do the marks or the surrounding skin itch at all? Are you sure you just aren't scratching yourself in your sleep? I wake up with scratch marks on my sides almost once a week.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1Angrylightbulb
Do the marks or the surrounding skin itch at all? Are you sure you just aren't scratching yourself in your sleep? I wake up with scratch marks on my sides almost once a week.

No, they do not itch, they do not hurt, they are not sore, and i am 100, even 1000% sure they are not self caused.

I don't know, maybe i havent made this clear. These marks have been in the EXACT same spots , for three months now. Exact same spots. Exact same spots.Three month. Three months.

I'm partial to the internal bleeding, put before me. Seems logical, if i could get a source of your information i'd be thankful.

Has anyone not heard of such an occurance, before? This really troubles me, and i see no logical explantion. Im open to any ideas and possiblities, with in the limits of progression.

I've searched the web, but i cant bring any conlcusions to the marks.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by spaceman16

See a doctor. Now.

Your source, please.

maybe i can help him a bit, but i am pretty sure if you tear something it feels like a burning sensation, i have only had it once and it wasn't that bad, but i knew right away after i hurt my knee in a sport what that warm burning feeling was as my dad described it to me

so you should probably go see a doctor

i played football with a guy who tore his acl skiing, he played all season with a brace on, not saying you tore anything, but you can partially tear something and walk around fine

but you could have done something to one of the 4 ligaments in your knee(pretty sure there is 4), the cartilage, the tendons

the list really goes on when it's a knee

[edit on 6-11-2007 by OSSkyWatcher]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by OSSkyWatcher

Originally posted by spaceman16

See a doctor. Now.

Your source, please.

maybe i can help him a bit, but i am pretty sure if you tear something it feels like a burning sensation, i have only had it once and it wasn't that bad, but i knew right away after i hurt my knee in a sport what that warm burning feeling was as my dad described it to me

so you should probably go see a doctor

i played football with a guy who tore his acl skiing, he played all season with a brace on, not saying you tore anything, but you can partially tear something and walk around fine

but you could have done something to one of the 4 ligaments in your knee(pretty sure there is 4), the cartilage, the tendons

the list really goes on when it's a knee

[edit on 6-11-2007 by OSSkyWatcher]

I'll take advice when its given, and check out the Doc.

Only thing is , i find it odd that they appear on both knees. In roughly the same locations. If i did tear such matter in my knees, im sure the odds of happening in both, is very large.

But stranger things have happened i assume.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Ok, i was joking before, i am not joking now.

I dont know how old you are but this is prevelant as a childhood desease, its name (if its what i'm familiar with) is Henoch Schloin Purpura (possibly misspelled) it affects from the knees down, looks like bleeding just under the epidermis (lines of blood under first layer of skin) and its a ventricular decease.
There is no treatment, just take it easy and get to a doctor.

This is usually the result of falling or being hurt (could be sports),
It usually affects from the knees down.

Have you fallen or something lately?

My son used to have exactly what this appears. After many visits to hospitals and doctors, a team of doctors came up with the proper diagnosis.
Its very rare, and you usually outgrow it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join