It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"God" is an alien?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Anyone heard of the ancient astronaut theory - that our humanity has been visited since our beginnings by advanced people from the sky?
Have you seen the ancient cave paintings of the Australian Aboriginies, the Mayans and other tribes? Many of them show UFO looking objects and people with what look like space suits around their bodies.
Have you ever read the Bible...especially Jacob's account of a "ladder to heaven" and Ezekiel's descriptions of 'flying circles'? Could these be UFOs?

I'm a member of the Raelian Movement and the founder of the movement, a man named Rael, was contacted by an extra-terrestrial named Yahweh on 13th December 1973. During this encounter he was dictated a series of messages, which he wrote down and later published in the form of 3 books.

In summary, these messages explain that scientists from another planet originally created all life on Earth using DNA. These human beings were known in the Hebrew Bible as ELOHIM, but were mistaken for gods by our ancestors. The word ELOHIM does not mean “God”, but is a plural word meaning, “those who came from the sky”. It is to these people that Moses, Jesus, Buddha, Mohammed, Krishna, Joseph Smith and many many other prophets referred to.

Now that humanity has the scientific knowledge to understand this, the Elohim have asked for these important messages to be communicated to the world, and for an embassy to be built, so they can return to Earth as predicted by all the major religions.

For more info go to www.rael.org where you can get a free download of “Intelligent Design – Message from the Designers”.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
It's a pretty popular theory around here.

Check out this thread, for instance.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by archangel_josh
"God" is an alien?

Literally, anything or anyone not from this physical earth, is "alien", if it implies extraterrestrial orign. So, in this sense God is an "alien". Buddha (Gautama Buddha) was not an "alien". Mohammed was not an "alien" Angelic beings (benevolent ones as well as malevolent ones) are "aliens". Jesus, in this sense, was fully "alien" and fully "human", if one believes that he was the result of supernatural, "extraterrestrial" insemination.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Norio Hayakawa

Thank you for providing me a comment on which to support.

Of course, another way of looking at it, as i've said in the past (though perhaps not here) is that in a universal sense Aliens do not exist.

We're all in the same universe together, guys.

:/

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Throbber
reply to post by Norio Hayakawa

Thank you for providing me a comment on which to support.

Of course, another way of looking at it, as i've said in the past (though perhaps not here) is that in a universal sense Aliens do not exist.

We're all in the same universe together, guys.

:/

well done!

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by archangel_josh

Have to agree with everything I read there. In fact I've just added a post to my own thread (I Need Feedback On This 'Abduction' Experience - part 1&2), saying something very similar.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I am pretty sure as long as there is human kind walking this Earth, there will never be a definite answer to the question about God's existance and its true nature.

If an alien landed on my house right now and told me they created us and that they're our Gods, my belief system could be shattered for a short period of time, but soon after I'd realize someone else created them and someone created their creators as well.

When having a difficult time in my life, I talk to God. I have no idea what it is, how it looks like or if it's an entity at all. We tend to forget that it is in our creative human nature to have something to lean on to. It's a must for us, even for those who say they do not believe. If we didn't have this need, we would be just as any other animal on this planet.

Human mind is a mistery of itself. Why do we always tend to believe that all alien races are more advanced then us in every possible way?

The aliens visiting this Earth may be real. Those same aliens may be so enlightened and more advanced then us. But all of it could be just a figment of our own imagination, desire to look above and grow as a species, a world we created, a modern myth of 21st century.

Us -thinking- there is someone else out there so much more advanced then us, already gives us more credit then we think we deserve.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Ya' know. if you think about, we're actually the aliens. Who was here first? We are unique and fragile as a species, but to me anyone outside our world is no more alien than some of the wild creatures we see on this globe including us. And I tend to think of God as more spiritually in nature. He's not a religion to me, that's what man made up.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
God the all powerful creator and father to us all, created many many layers of beings before this little pisson planet.

URANTIA BOOK!!!

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Hahaha!

God CREATED Earth, so he was there before we where even thought of, therefore he is alien!

[edit on 7-1-2008 by PureET]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Just another ridiculous theory spawned by the always-in-overdrive human mind.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
How about a fiber from the fabric of space. Nothing more then light exuding a form of being.

top topics

join