It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Power from the final frontier

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Power from the final frontier

At some point before 2050, satellites collecting solar power and beaming it back to Earth will become a primary energy source, streaming terawatts of electricity continuously from space. That's if you believe a recent report from the Pentagon's National Security Space Office, which says confidently that we will see "a basic proof-of-concept within 4-6 years and a substantial power demonstration as early as 2017-2020".

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Popular Mechanics Magazine used to run articles about how stuff was going to be built in the future. Back in the 70's the idea of broadcasting microwave energy from satellites using solar power became the power source to be developed.

Personally, I'm still waiting for my flying car. I wouldn't trust this energy thing too much.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
It's not that they don't have it, it's just that the Gov usually has a 25-30 year contingency before any technology can be released.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
It's not that they don't have it, it's just that the Gov usually has a 25-30 year contingency before any technology can be released.

That wont help us much,

Yes, I am still waiting for my flying car too.

I imagine, yes, we have the technology for many changes, but to make these changes at a massive scale, is nearly impossible.

top topics

join