It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monster in my Closet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
This happened to me a few months ago. I saw what most people would call a "shadow person." However, I personally believe that it was a purely psychological experience, brought about perhaps by sleep paralysis or hypnagogia (concepts anyone who looks into shaodw people shoudl be familair with). However, I am always open to other interperetations, and there's a few peculiar things about this event.

First, a quick description of my room. My head is to the west and my feet to the east when laying down. My closet is along the southern wall of my room, all the way on the east side. Which means that I cannot see into it when in bed.

I was lying in bed, attempting to fall asleep. I believe I did at one point, or rather entered into some sort of half-sleep state. However, I was still aware, although things were a bit "foggy." After some indeterminate time, I noticed a shape exit my closet (the door was already open).

It was roughly humanoid, although very thin, its torso not much alrger than it's arms and legs. It seemed to be hunched over, and its head was oval. While I couldn't make out any features, I could make out it's texture. It's surface appeared to reflect some light, as if ti were oilly. For lack of a better simile, it's surface was like that on an enormous piece of beef jerky or an overcooked hot dog, with deep wrinkles. It was definitely solid.

This figure stepped out of my closet, and seemed to look around for a second. Then it reached back into my closet, and pulled out what appeared to be a whtie vest (I have no vests in my closet). It put the vest on. I got the distinct impression it was planning on going somewhere.

At this point, I was terrified. I couldn't move, but I don't want to say I was paralyzed. I was so scared that I wasn't even trying to move. I seemed to know in the back of my mind that I couldn't move even if I wanted to, so I never tried.

After putting on the vest, the figure looked around a bit more, and noticed that I was "awake." It leaned forward and looked straight at me. I felt more terror than I have ever experienced in my life. While it didn't have any eyes I could see, I was aware that it was looking straight into mine. It could have looked at me for 1 second or 5 minutes, time didn't seem to have any meaning at that point. It then calmy turned around and went back into my closet.

My senses seemed to return to me instantly, and I literally leaped out of bed, ready to call the police or grab a weapon or something. After a few seconds, I realized what happened had to have been a dream. I calmed down a bit (looked in the closet to make sure there wasn't anything there :lol
, then went back to bed.

As I was writing the above, I was reminded of another dream I had many years before. I was lying in bed when I saw what I interpetted at the time to be an alien. It was in the same shape as the figure above, although in the dream there were streetlights. It also had a white and purple marbling throughout it's skin. It was somewhat like the "White Star" from the TV show Babylon 5, but a little more "stripey." It had classic black almond eyes.

White Star

Also, the entity in this dream had what I call "tentacles" hanging from it's arms. They were more like flat, rounded pieces of flesh rather than a squid's tentacles. I realize it was too dark for me to have ever noticed if my second "shadow person" had these tentacles.

In the dream, I awake to see this creature through my window. It notices, and runs. I get up to give chase. I'm running after it down the street, and it is headed for a grouping of lights around the corner I imagine is it's ship. For whatever reason, I stop chasing at the intersection and notice a dark spot on the ground. It's the kind of spot that would happen in you took a pile of decomposing leaves, soaked them, then smudged them along the road. A big dirty mess. For whatever reason, I was drawn to this smudge, like it had something to do with the creature. The dream ends.

I awake the nest morning, and dismiss it as a dream, until I leave my house and notice that huge dark smudge in the street. I didn't remember noticing it before. It's always made me wonder...

So here I have two events with two entities that are very similar. In fact, the "beef jerky" texture I noticed in the "shadow person" could have been the same things as the "marbling" of the alien, but due to lighting in interperetted them differently. In both cases I seem to interrupt the creature while it's in the middle of something. In both cases it immediately leaves once it notices me. Not exactly a recurring dream, but a recurring theme. I've heard fo shaodw people wearign cloaks and ahts, but nevr vests (and this was a real vest of white material, not a "shadow" vest.

I know I'm rambling but I just want to get this out there. It's among the strangest things ever to happen to me. Has anybody had aything like this occur, involving a more or less "solid" shadow person?

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
From one who saw a 'shadow critter' at my back door telepathically pleading to be let out, moving in a strange framelike projection I'd be the last person to discount anyones experiences. Blew my doors of reality straight off there collective hinges. Thankfully, blessedly, my 90lb black lab came to the rescue and chased the beastie into oblivion as I attempted not to spill to much of my coffee shaking and quaking with my socks and underwear in other hand on my way for my shower before work. Most memorable early morning. It was a week after George Snorey reported critters, people shadows all over the dang place on C2C. I laughed my azz off. Not laughing anymore. If it wasn't for Bruno I'd be doing lovely watercolor paintings in a safe, secure environment trying not to drool to much. I wish to God I was still in bed and could have discounted it to a pseudo sleep state event.

[edit on 4-11-2007 by jpm1602]

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
From one who saw a 'shadow critter' at my back door telepathically pleading to be let out

Why didn't you let this "critter" out? You're not a very good host.

I never have experiences like this. What am I doing wrong?

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
LOL.....I really wanted to, I really really did. But I couldn't frigging move. I was frozen from fright, shaking like a school girl with a 20lb razor toothed muskee on my line. And the whole 'this thing that should not be that is somehow speaking to my mind thing' pretty much just sent me over the sensory edge. Next time I'll ask for a date and a photo shoot.

[edit on 4-11-2007 by jpm1602]

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   
My Dad was Leo, perhaps he still looks out for me enchanted from 1984.
Thank you greeneyedleo.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Years ago I had a very long thread here about closets. You should never ever sleep with your closet door open.

NEVER.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Years ago I had a very long thread here about closets. You should never ever sleep with your closet door open.

NEVER.

Aw man I don't even have a door on mine. that's ok there's so much crap in there that i'm sure the ghost will break it's neck trying to get out.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Could you please expand about this a bit more or post a link for me as I've had a few unpleasant experiences over the years on this subject!

Thanks, Angela

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrandonK
Why didn't you let this "critter" out? You're not a very good host.

I never have experiences like this. What am I doing wrong?

I don't think there's anything you can "do," especially since I believe it was a purely psychological experience. Just the right factors at the right time.

And to be honest, I would never wish the fear I felt on anybody else.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I know this is probably just childish dreams but when I was about thirteen I had a morbid fear of my closet. Virtually every other night I would dream that I was asleep in my room and then if the door was closed a small creature would jump out of my closet and literally rip me apart. They were they worst dreams I ever had. They always felt extremely real and vivid.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I do not really expect anyone to take my experience seriously. I would have prior to said event also been most critical. I will , however, implicitly state, the aforementioned did unfold as told. Believe it or not.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
A few years ago there was a documentary about what they called "Sleep Paralysis Entity Attacks". But as the documentary progressed they started showing more and more evidence that people were actually being grabbed and harassed by some ghostlike phenomena. Living alone in my house all I can say as I was scared big time after watching that and found it very hard to get to sleep that night.

Also just to point out, I had what must have been a couple of dreams when I was a young child that there was a headless man standing over by my brother's bed. The memories were so clear and seemed so real that as a child I was pretty sure it was real at the time.

And then there were the many dreams over many years of an invisible man that would come out of my closet and grab me. I'd try to turn on lights but they either didn't work, or the bulb would come on slightly but the room remained dark. I'd try to yell for my parents but couldn't. It seems dreams are made to torture you. I feared my closet more than anything else my whole childhood and followed the rule in a previous post, to never leave my closet door open even a crack, NEVER.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoterica

Well I've noticed a pattern, as I'm sure you have as well, in both of your dreams. Like you stated above, you alway seem to interrupt the being while it is in the middle of it doing something. Maybe the next time, if there is a next time, you have a similar dream you should let the being finish what it is doing.

Now I hate to call it a dream because I'm sure that it is very real to you and for all we know it was real but I will call it a dream for the purpose of conversation. It could be possible that it is your sub-conscious trying to alert you of something or maybe this being is real and trying to alert you of something. Obviously it means no harm to you because it has had several chances to harm you and it hasn't yet. Let it finish what it is trying to do and report back to us.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Thats very creepy i had some expierience very brief and probably a trick of my eye but i was sitting in a chair on the computer in my living room and i look in the doorway which is on the other side of the room and i see this figure which is hard to describe. It looked like the shape of a large man in a buisiness suit. i only say business suit because the shoulders were very broad and was edged like a suit. It was all black like a shadow and seemed to be looking at me. i looked straight at it for the duration of about 0.7 seconds and it disappeared. It looked almost like the outline of the Gman from the half life games all blacked out. Ive seen this thing in the 2 conjoining rooms 2 times. I was completely coherent when i saw it both times.

this might be different from what you saw as this thing had no texture

top topics

join