It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan 'set for emergency rule'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Breaking News: Bhutto just landed, so I assume that Reuters was correct.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by AncientMariner

New Chief Justice has been appointed now.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
They're taking in Bhutto!!! MSNBC reports that 100 soliders have been deployed to her house! Is this for protection, or house arrest? It's like the New World Order is taking over in Pakistan. Flag this people, it's huge!

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Condi Rice calls the situation “highly regrettable” , which means there are more people running around the White House than at the marathon in New York City.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by XFoxMulderX
This is pretty big stuff. Apparently, the White House advised Musharff not to set up a military state, and we know that Bush has him on a leash. I wonder how he got out of his leash. Something bad is going to happen there, and I bet we ( The United States) will have to interfene soon.
If so, it's strong evidence that we don't have the iron-clad control over global politics as some would have us think, for better or worse.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Here is the text of the emergency proclamation.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Another twist! thetimesofindia.com reports that Pakisatn was preparing for the possibility of a major Al-Qadea attack, and the story was posted before martial law was put into place!

timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

Pakistani security forces have been put on high alert here and nearby Rawalpindi following reports that militants could carry out more suicide attacks in the twin cities.

Sounds like a false flag excuse for martial law. Unbelivable!!

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
People always forget Pakistan.

The media hype of the "Great Iranian Imam" is louder then the threat coming from Pakistan. We all know that mister president general is a dictator, who holds his country together with force and the problematics of the radical Islam, which has grown from the part of Pakistan, which was once used by CIA and ISI (Inter Services Intelligence, the intelligence wing of the Pakistani government) to arm the "Freedom Fighter", which fought the Russia occupation of Afganistan. Many tribes living on the vast border between Pakistan and Afganistan do not are about borders and live in this vast mountain area. And they do not like mister president general. Let us not forget that Pervez Musharraf seized power in a coup in 1999. Let us not forget what happened in Islamabad's Red Mosque. There are 2.5 million registered Afghan refugees living in Pakistan. And with current events, I think the crisis in Pakistan is more scary then Iran and Syria and Jordan together. Pakistan has nuclear weapons - remember?

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by XFoxMulderX

I totally agree, especially after reading the text of the resolution. The terrorism argument is being propounded for two reasons. First is to give a (thinly-veiled) justification for martial law, and the second is to insulate against criticism from the United States. They somehow hope to argue that the US shouldn't get pissed because they're "fighting the good fight." I'm glad to see that our government isn't buying it.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by XFoxMulderX
Breaking News: Bhutto just landed, so I assume that Reuters was correct.

Confirmed.

Originally posted by AncientMariner

New Chief Justice has been appointed now.

Confirmed.

New report.
Shots fired in the neighborhood with strongest Bhutto support.

Ditto

Former Pak PM says Mu shi should quit.

Imran Khan says Musharraf should face death penalty

Suspected but not confirmed.
One news source reported that the (now) ex-chief justice was calling out for everyone to go against the emergency.

As those reports came out, more local news sources started dropping like flies. Using my super secret list of Pak news I'm seeing them go away quickly, or at least not be updated. For example, Geotv dropped off within the hour, as did Dawn, ptvworldnews, Paktribune, ect.

Or is it just my pc/isp?

[edit on 11/3/07 by makeitso]

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   
We are very close to having a massive mess stretching from Lebanon to India. Numerous crisises already encompass it, war may soon envelop it.

What were looking at:

Israel/Hamas
Israel/Hezbollah
Israel/Syria standoff over nuclear site
The Iraq War in its Fourth Year
Possible Turkish invasion of Iraq
Possible Turkish Civil War
Possible Air Assault on Iran
The Afghan War in its Sixth Year
Fall of Democracy in Pakistan
Possible Islamic Revolution or Civil War in Pakistan
Possible India-Pakistan War or Indian invasion of Pakistan

What will be the effects on the global economy, the US dollar, the oil market, gas prices? How will we react? What about NATO or the UN?

Is there anything that can be done?

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

You asked "What about NATO or the UN?"

I suspect that NATO will do next to nothing and the only response from the UN will be (possibly) an emergency session of the Security Council in the next few days with a resulting resolution calling on Pakistan to reverse their course, but there will be no sanctions imposed, so little more than a verbal slap on the wrist.

[edit on 3-11-2007 by AncientMariner]

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Here is Mushi's address to Pakistan about the emergency declaration.

No transcript yet.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
I think the crisis in Pakistan is more scary then Iran and Syria and Jordan together. Pakistan has nuclear weapons - remember?

Exactly Souljah,

Think about it, what would happen if Pakistan was taken over by Taliban like extremists? I don't know about you, but I don't think it will be pretty.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
IMHO all well executed by US puppet Muasharf before US will start to bomb Iran.

In this way all the extremists (and the NUKES) in Pakistan are at least under some control. I ll expect bombs hitting Iran soon. What do you guys think? Scary...

[edit on 3-11-2007 by Terrapop]

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terrapop

In this way all the extremists (and the NUKES) in Pakistan are at least under some control. I ll expect bombs hitting Iran soon. What do you guys think? Scary...

Well, creating instability in Pakistan isn't the best way to start a war with Iran (if your theory is correct)

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Everyone run an hide put your head in the sand.... Please...this isn't new this crap has gone on for as long as I can remember. In 2 weeks it will be another news story.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Originally posted by Terrapop

Well, creating instability in Pakistan isn't the best way to start a war with Iran (if your theory is correct)

Well, yes, but imagine US start bombing Iran and all the Islamists going absolutely crazy in Pakistan. Now, they are able to at least jail the worst of them in advance to bombs that will fall. Smart indeed.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Some of the news services are coming back up. Some of them simply have the emergency transcript posted (GeoTv). But all of them are playing under new rules.

Rule #1 is:

Defame Musharraf and you get 3 years in jail or 10 million rupees (166,700 dollars) fine.

Raid on Aaj television

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Sad sad times whenever and whereever democracy dies...

The US puppet has taken control of the country...

...should be intresting to see the news coming out of the region in the next few days to weeks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join