It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Vetoes Water Projects Bill -- Congress Likely Will Override

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Bush Vetoes Water Projects Bill

www.nytimes.com

An increasingly confrontational President Bush on Friday vetoed a bill authorizing hundreds of popular water projects even though lawmakers can count enough votes to override him.

It appears certain Bush will have his veto overridden for the first time in his presidency. The bill passed in both chambers of Congress by well more than the two-thirds majority needed to override Bush's decision and make the measure law.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3-11-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Wow, Congress either grew a spine or this is staged to make it look like they have one. He'll veto anything at this point -- what the heck is wrong w/ the guy? Look at what it's for:

Bush brushed aside significant objections from Capitol Hill, even from Republicans, in vetoing legislation that provides $23 billion for projects like repairing hurricane damage, restoring wetlands and preventing flooding in communities across the nation.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 05:56 AM
link   
It's becoming obvious that he cares nothing about this country or it's citizens, from vetoing health care for our children to attempting to legalize millions of illegal aliens and throw open the borders for millions more. This president will not spend a cent on anything that doesn't involve killing muslims or pandering to oil corporations.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 05:58 AM
link   
The corrupt Bush administration is losing their power by the minute, and this is their way of lashing out at the world for seeing right through their lies.

Bye bye Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Condoleeza Rice and the other criminals. You are going down.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 06:10 AM
link   
People need to realize, the majority of the country has NO CLUE about stories like this, seriously, they're the walking dead. I asked a busy NYC street corner one night, "what's the US deficit?" After a couple of bored stares, someone was like, "a couple billion?"

Cheney needs to be impeached next week, it's like they're sending Rice everywhere to talk up their lies -- seems like all people see in the mainstream news -- C Rice. Playing the race card, so sick of this regime.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by anhinga

People need to realize, the majority of the country has NO CLUE about stories like this, seriously, they're the walking dead. I asked a busy NYC street corner one night, "what's the US deficit?" After a couple of bored stares, someone was like, "a couple billion?"

I know. You should try asking them what Britney Spears have been up to lately instead. Then they will know.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 06:29 AM
link   
But NYC Copern?! Supposed to be one of thee progressive cities in the world. I was a little upset after that 'test' and didn't bother w/ anymore.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by anhinga

People everywhere are very wrapped up in their stressful lifes, thats why they dont have time to research stuff like this. Its not exactly on the news either, despite the economy crashing being just around the corner.

Even smart people cant know what they are not being told.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Yeah i have to say that Pres Bush doesn't give a damn about his country, its people at all. He's a very sick man.

You know what i see this sort of thing in politicians all the time. Why is it that politicians want to harm their country / hurt thier country men by increasing taxes and the like, or promising things then aborting those promises, or doing things just to make a political statement but it hurts the country. They are in governemnt meant to be working for thier country and its people but they hurt their country and its people. It's really really ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I hear ya, DaRage, this is the perfect article to prove to nay-sayers that Druggie Jr does not care about people in general. I mean, these are his own people, and he's vetoing?!?

(now I gotta stop staring at your dancing avatar, DaRage!)

new topics

top topics

join