It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why * I Disagree With John Lear * And YOU Should Too

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
John Lear strikes me as an old gent who likes to get people's imagination stimulated, he reminds me of a Grandfather who likes telling stories to his Grandchildren around a camp fire. I don't like seeing him spoken to in a disrespectful tone simply because his own imagination sparkles brightly, and yes of course most of what he says is bollocks, but so what? A.T.S would feel a fair bit emptier without the guy.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by WraothAscendant

Lear claims to be broke or near it, though, by his own admission he owned the only private gold mine in Nevada at one point in time. I kinda wish I knew more about public records or maybe had the cash to hire a private investigator, I would like to know from an objective point of view just how rich or poor he was.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I disagree with much of what John says, but then I can pick 100 or more topics right now on ATS that I also disagree with. This doesn't make me right or them wrong and somewhere along the way one of them will hit the nail on the head and I'll sit back and say WoW that was impossible, but now true.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
It really all does boil down to an anti-hoaxing policy. All or nothing, I say. Either no one has to back up what they post, or everyone does. No favoritism wherein some can post whatever bull they please without backup and others who try the same get shown the door. Also, I don't think anyone's going to endorse this becoming a forum where no one has to show proof. So, we are left with a tough but I feel a necessary move-you must back up what you post with something that would pass Occam's Razor. Maybe we could have a "personal narrative" subforum where this rule just wouldn't apply, but I would just block that subforum all the time.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

You just about hit the nail on the head my friend

sometimes the impossible of the present is the fact of the future
we have so many fantasy writers of the past in our history who were laughed and scoffed at and now in our present we have their stories as fact.
Lets not be quick to judge for we will be judged also.
And remember time will tell if we were right or we were wrong.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Jeez, how many times is this going to be brought up? Isn't there already threads on this very subject already? Like 4 or 5 of them. Why not add to one of them? What astounds me is all of you guys who just can't stand John Lear spend most of your time finding his posts and bashing him, not presenting alternate theories to his views. And now here we go again with yet another POINTLESS thread on how you came to a conclusion about another member here and you are essentially recruiting members into your camp. Disgraceful. I read John's posts and think "No way in hell is that a sound theory" and then I MOVE ON. I don't feel the need to post derogatory replies and pointless accusations.
And I don't need anybody to TELL me what I can or cannot fathom myself. Nobody needs to be warned about John Lear. He, just like you, has his own views on things and brings them to us to read and discuss.
Unlike you guys, he hasn't posted a thread discussing how all you guys that disbelieve HIM are indeed disinfo agents.
Although, Uber seems ready to spend money to hire Magnum PI to stalk John's spending habits and monetary status to SOME end, I'm not sure.
Get over it guys. If there was one shred of evidence to support your insane (YES I SAID IT) ideas regarding John, you'd think someone would of convinced the Admins about it by now.
No one has yet, I don't think YOU will either.

My $.02
Cuhail

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

But that's just the point. Iraq War protestors don't give up just because there was a protest last week. Similarly, the anti-Learites will not rest until he is gone.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Well, there ya go. You have a name already for your group.

The Anti-Learites.

How many members do you boast?

5?
6?
10?
Out of how many members on ATS?
C'mon, how is the membership drive working out now?

Cuhail

[edit on 11/2/2007 by Cuhail]

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris1953
I'll be absolutely surprised if this thread isn't taken down soon.... no one seems to be allowed to voice their true opinion about this man. Which is sad, in a forum where we are supposed to be able to be open and honest.... ATS is supposed to be the stark contrast to the oppressive censoring government we have. If this thread is left alone by the owners and moderators than maybe there is still some hope.

[edit on 2-11-2007 by Osiris1953]

I think you'll find that this thread, along with most of the others, stay open. John is a big boy and he usually posts in the "anti-learite's" threads. ATS doesn't trash to many thread's, unless they get out of hand. Even then the mod's usually post once or twice in the thread to put it back on course. Do I believe everything John says? Nope. There's lots of stuff on here that I don't believe.But I do think that the Pegasus crew are on to something, I just am not sure what. Whatever's happening on/around the moon, we aren't being told the whole story, that I'm sure of. But that's just my opinion.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

I appreciate your opinion there are plenty of things that we aren't being told about. That is absolutely true. Anyhow, I'm not going to go on about Mr. Lear anymore. I said what I needed to get off my chest... so I'm cool now. I'm not going to go around bashing the man since I haven't in the past either.... I just needed to say it at least once. Hopefully you are right and they don't decide to close the thread. Like everything else here, time will tell.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Mr Lear get's a longer leash than the average member for the simple fact that this forum "John Lear, Conspiracy Master". His opinion is just that, his. I would think that a "Conspiracy Master" would be able to back up his opinion with some small bit of evidence.

I looked forward to reading Mr Lear's post until time and time again it was just his opinion backed up, not with evidence, but ad hominem attacks. Mr Lear is not the deliverer of the majority of these attacks, although his are the most eloquent.

Deny Ignorance? Hmmmm. More like the blind leading the naked. "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." Carl Sagan made this phrase popular and it's just as true today.

As of yet no one, not even Mr Lear, has brought forward one even ordinary piece of evidence to back up one part of his "opinions". Still the shills shout down those who just ask for evidence. Remember those who beat their drum SERPO? Not one of those shills every posted on ATS and said "My bad, it was a hoax. Yes, I was wrong." Well this time they can say, "Hey it's just one guys opinion, and I was just into it for the cool story."

And this is just a Casual One opinion- "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."- popularized by Carl Sagan.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Hi Rockpuck, thanks for the input. But let me be frank here and tell you I can make up my own mind thank you very much

I dont need someone telling me who I should belive and who I shouldnt.
But Im sure you are just looking out for the betterment of mankind or something. Yet I want to dispute this comment right here.

As I said, if I claimed to know sources to prove a giant soul collector (among many things) without proof I would be banned for a hoax.

You are wrong.. IF you come to ATS with your game face on, alot of research, and some backing to the claim.. PEOPLE will listen to you.
John has done his homework, he didnt just slap up one thing on ATS and say yep thats 100& true.. He leaves that up to the reader.

If you come here with something that is as grand as the soulcatcher, Im very sure even John himself would be eager to hear about this.
So before you start with the old broken record of why is John Lear not banned for a hoax thread.. Then you have to understand..
HE has done his homework! Put many years into his craft, HIS work, and his passion. You dont have to belive everything John says, you take what you need and you move on with life.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
John Lear eh?

Well he has some funky opinions that's for sure, sometimes I do wonder why the Mods favourite him, whilst other members get warned or banned for less radical posts... But I've noticed ATS does have favouritism in a minor way.

I'm really on the fence, i think the soul catcher theory is out there, but maybe he's right about NASA lying to us about other planets and such...

Evidence wouldn't go amiss though...

Seriously, if John Lear is reading this, then I guess what everybody is trying to ask you is 'show us some evidence dude'...

Also the pro-learite's should really stop flaming the people who are critical of his theories.

Peace

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I think he is very handsome!

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

And yet provides not much beyond blurry pictures of the moon which seem to be simular to seeing animals in the clouds.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by uberarcanist

Maybe hes one of those rich people that consider only have a couple million tucked away as "damn near broke". Just speculation mind you.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

Your post was a tad childish there dont you think?

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
I think he is very handsome!

No kidding Lys

....that adorable sideways smile he has going on is endearing to those of us with exquisite taste.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Ok lets look at this a different way... What if you yourself saw somthing on a Photo or in real life but there was no evidence to backup your story would you A. not talk about it ever! or B, would you try to tell people about it doing the best you can without evidence.

What if Mr Lear did see something in a photo or a video to make what he says true its just that no evidence exists due to security measures or internet censoring.

What im trying to say is evidence of this kind is highly censored and kept from public eyes so as soon as this stuff hits the internet it is taken away straight away!

You ask for proof yet what would constitute... If i posted an image of a lunar anomoly then people would either shout Photoshopped or that they cant see what everyone else can clearly see, So what would it require to be 100% positive proof when it easily dismissed as Photoshopped or Seeing things in inanimate objects.

Thanks
Sostyles

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
But do you realize how many people take 100% of what he says as gospel?

I don't, yet I always seem to see this same talking point in each of the anti-Lear threads. Since you seem to know... please enlighten us as to how many members, exactly, "take 100% of what he says as gospel"?

Personally, I think there are far more members wasting time and energy in calling for him to be banned, for his opinions no less, than there are those who believe 100% of what he types.

If you don't share his opinions regarding a topic, that's fine, but don't pretend that there are hordes of "Learites" which you "must defend".

Have a bit more faith in the membership here. People are completely capable of sifting through the evidence (or lack thereof), and making up their own minds, without you charging to the rescue.

If you want to be an activist, please choose a more significant cause than just mudslinging against an internet forum member. There are a lot of problems in this world, and to see so many members investing such time and effort into something so silly is quite disappointing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join