It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush: Mukasey for Attorney General Or None At All

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Bush: Mukasey for Attorney General Or None At All

rawstory.com

President Bush, fueling the effort to confirm the 66-year-old retired judge Michael B. Mukasey, emphasizes the need for the service of an Attorney General while the nation is at war.

Bush declined to discuss "waterboarding," assuring his invitees that interrogation techniques are "within the law," performed by "highly trained professionals."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.foxnews.com
weeklystandard.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.abovepolitics.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Listen my fellow people to what President Bush is really saying: Either give me Mukasey, a man who will follow in Gonzalez's footsteps in being a tool of our Administration, or allow me to operate without ANY attorney general, which will allow me to exploit all kinds of legal loopholes for interrogation, war-crimes, and privacy-rights violations.

In effect Bush has politically set up a situation where if anyone opposes his new crony appointment they will risk the repercussions of an "Attorney General-less US".

I remind you that Mukasey was the Judge in the Silverstein Vs Insurance Companies 9/11 case.

Mukasey to be nominated Attorney General. Was 9/11 judge in Silverstein vs. Insurance Co litigations
Mukasey - Wiki

We must not allow the seemingly mundane legal news to bore us into ignorance about what is going on. These appointments and legal battles are the spearhead for this administration and I guarantee you that these things are top priorities for Bush, Cheney, & Co.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllSeeingI
I remind you that Mukasey was the Judge in the Silverstein Vs Insurance Companies 9/11 case.

Thanks, I didn't know that.
Maybe this foul stench will open a few more eyes. Again, 'they' take care of their own.

If evidence of government complicity regarding 9/11 were a jigsaw puzzle, that sucker would be almost finished.

Peace

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllSeeingI
Listen my fellow people to what President Bush is really saying: Either give me Mukasey, a man who will follow in Gonzalez's footsteps in being a tool of our Administration, or allow me to operate without ANY attorney general, which will allow me to exploit all kinds of legal loopholes for interrogation, war-crimes, and privacy-rights violations.

That's a bit of an overly broad reading of things. If no AG is appointed, there will continue to be an acting AG. The Justice Department has never been without someone at its head. The contention that he could somehow exploit loopholes by not appointing an AG is based on a misunderstanding of how the Justice Department works.

new topics

top topics

join