It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Islamic and Christian Attempt to Rule The World

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Skyfloating, as I said earlier, if this thread offends anyone, all I can say is "Too bad, and I am sorry." I really don't care who it offends or what conclusions some may draw about me, regardless of how faulty those conclusions most likely are.

This is something that has been burning in my mind for several years now. I think it is something that is quite evident and no one ever has the guts to point it out. Well, I do. If that means that I am an "enemy" as far as most of the other "Christians" or Muslism on this board are concerened, then so be it. One thing they won't be able to say is that I'm afraid to speak my mind... I so obviously am not.

I know who and what I am... Someone saying that I am a "non-believer" just because I see the faults in the institution that I was predominantly raised in and don't see things as they do doesn't bother me in the slightest. I know how much of a believer I am and that is all that is important.

Sure, this type of thing probably does instigate more hatred in their heart... So be it. If it weren't this, it would be something else. Most of the "Christians" and Muslim who would be offended at this thread are those who are offended towards anything that moves them away from their comfort zone. So, big whoop.

I don't mean to sound condescending, but that is just how I feel about it.

[edit on 3-11-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Okay then, perhaps if it were possible for me to go back in time and modify my original post, i would claim that 'Religion is what the individual makes of it'.

As in, Your perspective is part of that too.

I have no doubt that Christianity has suffered from the same ailments that everything in western society has due to the materialism of Capitalism, that the people whom do twist the word of God do so because of a desire for power.

I imagine it's similar for Islamic Sects, but my knowledge on Islam is treacherous at best.

My perspective is that in material terms, Religions serve only to provide the masses something to believe in, and something for the elite to use against us - i'd have to be a fool not to see that for what it truly was.

This is because people of the masses (and generally so of the elite too...) are inherently materialistic, and that to not be so requires dedication to one's faith above all other desires, whatever they may be.

I disagree with the idea that one should follow only one religion, that to do otherwise would defile the teachings of that religion - well i disagree, i believe that if one were to say such a thing would be to invite destruction and death, which would do far more than merely defile the teachings - it would perhaps go so far as to infect the very roots of the religion.

So then, You can either Believe what you want of Religion, or you can follow blindly.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Throbber
reply to I have no doubt that Christianity has suffered from the same ailments that everything in western society has due to the materialism of Capitalism, that the people whom do twist the word of God do so because of a desire for power.

I'd say that is a pretty accurate analysis.. I have read on most religions pretty extensively, with exceptions to Islam... And even Islam I have read a big portion of the Koran, I liken it to the OT of Christianity.. Same basic vindictive attitude towards those who don't agree to "submit."

Anyway, religion, Christianity in particular, has been used to keep the masses at bay. If you look at what the "church" has told us throughout the centuries, it has basically told us that we will go to "hell" if we do anything that is against the ordinances of the ruling elite. Coincidence? Possibly, but doubtful.

Jesus made it quite plain that we are to live and let live, yet, after 325A.D... It seems, at least to me, that original Christian attitude took a drastic change towards a more totalitarian and persecutorial outlook. Look at the inquisition. Those who taught anything that was even mildly different than what the "church" did were labeled "heretics."
We are not even going to get into the persecution of the Cathars and the Templars here. I'd be here until midnight..

However, you get my drift.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Okay then, perhaps if it were possible for me to go back in time and modify my original post, i would claim that 'Religion is what the individual makes of it'.

Sure. An individual can take any piece of junk and make something better out of it.

I have no doubt that Christianity has suffered from the same ailments that everything in western society has due to the materialism of Capitalism, that the people whom do twist the word of God do so because of a desire for power.

Has nothing to do with capitalism. Capitalism is only an economic practice. Has more to do with humans not having been given an orientation as in "code of ethics" and "what is reality" and "what is spirit" so that they will take any piece of junk that pretends to give that orientation and dedicate their lives to it. Even if this piece of "spirituality" teaches war, disrespect and rigid intolerance.

Side-note: The reason European Catholics are so moderate is because they dont have a clue of whats in the Bible.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Loud and clear, speaker, loud and clear.

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Has nothing to do with capitalism. Capitalism is only an economic practice. Has more to do with humans not having been given an orientation as in "code of ethics" and "what is reality" and "what is spirit" so that they will take any piece of junk that pretends to give that orientation and dedicate their lives to it. Even if this piece of "spirituality" teaches war, disrespect and rigid intolerance.

Side-note: The reason European Catholics are so moderate is because they dont have a clue of whats in the Bible.

Capitalism may only be an economic practice, but it's one that every human being on this planet adheres to - from criminals to men of god.

[edit on 3-11-2007 by Throbber]

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
In fact, TRUE christianity as in TRUE to the bible is only practiced by fundamentalists. And one can see what nutcases they become by it.

TRUE christianity is also very uncapitalistic as in "money is the root of all evil" and "a rich man wont go to heaven" blabla. In my humble opinion this type of thinking is the root of poverty though.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   

In my humble opinion, i'd say that's an extremily pessimistic and materialistic way of looking at life.

But let's not get into a disagreement over whose opinion matters more, shall we?

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Skyfloating.... uh, I don't know if I completely agree with that assessment...Though, I can see where you derive it.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Well, then allow me to elaborate.

Opinions:

1. Muslims and Christians that STRICTLY follow scripture become fanatic nutjobs. Those who are the truest to doctrine and do what scripture says, cause the troubles.

2. Money is neither good nor bad. Its just a means of trade. Labelling it as "evil" is the cause of many problems we have today. Because it is labelled evil, the atom bomb is the most expensive item on earth, while the most positive things dont make you a cent.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   

[
Capitalism may only be an economic practice, but it's one that every human being on this planet adheres to - from criminals to men of god.

Well, you make it sound like captialism is the cause of more problems than religion itself. Capitalism may be problematic in some forms, but it has brought more progress to the world than all religions put together.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Like Religion, Capitalism is a blessing and a curse.

It seems however that people are all too willing to ignore that.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Well, then allow me to elaborate.

Opinions:

1. Muslims and Christians that STRICTLY follow scripture become fanatic nutjobs. Those who are the truest to doctrine and do what scripture says, cause the troubles.

They do what they THINK scripture says... A person who claims that scripture is not open to interpretation is only fooling themself.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Two ways to handle religion:

"In order to right myself, I have to wrong others"

"In order to right myself, I just have to right myself, while respecting others".

The latter is, imo, the path to a pleasant world.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I suppose this is something that I should have pointed out in my initial post. Actually,I thought I did when I added the fundamentalists links... However, it is of my opinion that the driving force behind this effort are the fundamentalists of each religion. Naturally, fundamentalists making up the majority of both religions, their desire is what the religions strive for.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   

There are religious orders that follow the latter path you ascribe to - for example Buddhism teaches that if everyone is to be peaceful, then compassion is essential.

It goes into the details for why this is, but i only truly started to appreciate it after i learnt the psychology of it.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Sky, I agree. It's too bad that people don't follow that. As the bible states, do not try to remove the splinter from one man's eye, when you have a log in your own...
Most people do not follow that at all... If they did, perhaps the world would n't be in its current situation. What say you?

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   

They do what they THINK scripture says... A person who claims that scripture is not open to interpretation is only fooling themself.

My girlfriend happens to be catholic or call herself catholic. She is aware of my stance toward christianity. But, like so many other catholics, she is not really familiar with what the bible actually teaches. She hasnt even read the book. Lucky for her, otherwise shed have to adhere to teachings like "the angels of darkness will appear as angels of light" and other paranoia-inducing phrases.

While the Bible may be open to interpretation, its some of the key teachings that are universally agreed upon by all christians that cause the trouble.

How about this one: ONLY through Jesus can you go to heaven. That says it all.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Sky, I agree. It's too bad that people don't follow that. As the bible states, do not try to remove the splinter from one man's eye, when you have a log in your own...
Most people do not follow that at all... If they did, perhaps the world would n't be in its current situation. What say you?

Absolutely. But unfortunately the pattern of scripture is to put in a few juicy fruits (things we know to be true), like the one you mentioned above, in order to sell the foul fruits along with it.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Believing in this is sheer folly, and goes to show how the masses have been influenced by the elite to think in a certain way - that life is a competition.

It doesn't say, for example - that you only go to heaven IF you believe ONLY in Jesus.

It's like stating partial truth (although that truth is perceived truth anyway).

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   

While the Bible may be open to interpretation, its some of the key teachings that are universally agreed upon by all christians that cause the trouble.

Well, yeah. Examine why that is... Instead of them following Christ's advice of living at letting live, they choose to try and persuade/force others to accept it.. Christ is not about forcing everyone to love him. You love Christ by choice, not force. However, some don't understand it. Thus, it causes conflict.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join