It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glowing Sphere Warrants NASA Call

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Spooky sighting, flaming sphere a myster, so far

About 10 minutes before sunset on July 8, Sylvester, a retired construction superintendent and builder, came in from working in the garage shop at the large home on 41 wooded acres that he and his sons built several years ago near the Flint Hill community. He was pouring a cup of coffee at the kitchen sink when something caught his eye, moving slowly along the edge of the nearby woodland.

He describes the object as a grayish sphere, slightly smaller than a basketball, which appeared to be spinning as it floated about five feet above the ground.

Sylvester sent a message to NASA describing the sighting soon after the event, and was told someone would contact him but it could take a while. The agency has yet to follow up.

A photo taken by Sylvester King shows the brilliant red glow in the woods near his home. (Courtesy of Sylvester King)

EDIT: to link article picture

[edit on 2-11-2007 by tyranny22]

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Theres not even an official agency you can adress for this stuff. Talk about pathetic. Hed probably be better off reporting it to some UFO-Network. Good post!

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I read this article over lunch today and thought that it deserved a post here on ATS.

This article was conviently published near Halloween and makes more reference to the supernatural than anything else, but since the persons involved thought a call to NASA was warranted, I thought it best to publish on the UFO boards.

My money is on a hoax or even possibly a ploy for a quick sell of the land, but it still remains a mystery.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
that red area looks a little over-saturated compared to the rest of the picture. i dunno. it doesn't look quite right and the picture is too small to make out any detail.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Crappy picture.
Could be anything.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Of course it's a crappy picture...why wouldn't it be?

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Interesting encounter.

Here is a larger image.

Maybe the OP would like to contact the reporter to see if they can get hold of the original image, if the exif data is intact we can pretty much rule out photoshopping and start to analyze the image in greater detail.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
In the text it says it was a grey sphere, in the picture it looks like a red dragon (badly photoshopped) so I dont get it really

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
It looks to me like the red coloring has been added to the trunk of a tree. The color doesn't look natural (nor does it look supernatural) so i'd have to say this is hoax hoax hoax. happy halloween, eh?

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Cyfre
It looks to me like the red coloring has been added to the trunk of a tree. The color doesn't look natural (nor does it look supernatural) so i'd have to say this is hoax hoax hoax.

Doesnt look "supernatural"? LMAO...whats that mean? Whats it supposed to look like?

Interesting story. What I think is relatively interesting is the red glow on the tree is actually reflecting light on different areas of the pic. The encounter sounds somewhat similar to the Bentwaters "eye".

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Looks like there could be a red light source behind that shrubbery, aiming up the tree trunk. Below the shrubs you can see the plain, normal colored trunk of the tree.

new topics

top topics

join