It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumsfeld 'Kept up fear of terror attacks!"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Rumsfeld "Kept up fear of terror attacks!"

www.telegraph.co.uk...;jsessionid=MCJYFVHYHCMGNQFIQMGSFGGAVCBQWIV0?xml=/news/2007/11/02/wgulf402.xml]www.telegraph.co.uk

One memo, written in April 2006, contained a list of instructions to Pentagon staff including "Keep elevating the threat" and "Talk about Somalia, the Philippines etc. Make the American people realise they are surrounded in the world by violent extremists".
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2-11-2007 by DeadFlagBlues]

[edit on 2-11-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Well, it's apparent that what I thought all along concerning the boogy man fervor.

Lions, tigers, and bears, OH NO!

SOURCE

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I wish this would be on every TV channel in America for 24 hours...

Sadly this will not reach the sheep out there who believe the big lie.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I wish any of the hyperlink options would [SNIP] work, so it won't look like such garbage. Not my fault.

I knew it from the very beginning. I might be young, but I've been around the block a few times and have seen first hand that nobody "hates us." I found myself to be rather well respected just being an American. People can differentiate the people from a regime. Those in the Middle East, from what I've seen are on the same tip. They know exactly who's running the show and they're not happy with those people inparticular. Most people in the whole world realize we all bleed red. Simple and plain.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2-11-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Anybody want to tell me what the issue is with the hyperlink? I've tried everything and it never comes out like it should according to the "preview post."

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
This hardly surprises me. Rumsfeld was one of the biggest problems in the administration..... not that anything has really improved since he left, but I really do despise the man. He is more deserving of being imprisoned for war crimes and crimes against humanity than most. If there is any type of superior/god like being in this universe I hope he is tortured for eternity.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

This is what it should look like:

Link

You can replace Link with what you want. Edit your original post and replace the stuff thats wrong with my link.

[edit on 2-11-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

I don't understand how people don't see through men like this. I know exactly who is a bad person, from point. He was giving bi-weekly press conferences and everybody knew he was up to no good. Him and that smirk... What a creep.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   

The worse part is that the president is too unintelligent to be anything besides a puppet to those around him. Someone with the intelligence of a ten year old isn't going to be able to do much besides take orders. They all drive me nuts; if people want to believe in NWO and what not that's fine. Although I'd much rather be controlled by intelligent people regardless of motive as opposed to intellectual dwarves. Especially oil loving redneck intellectual dwarves. I mean Cheney shot his buddy in the face because he thought he was a squirrel. These are the people running this country.

Rumsfeld and the rest of the crew are hardly qualified to mow my lawn... that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Either they simply don't want to or they're too busy to give a damn.

Keep the workers working, keep the worriers worrying - that sort of thing.

This is what i mean when i talk about people needing to take more responsibility for their country's actions - even if you're not directly affecting the processes, it's important for each individual to be aware of what is going on around them.

Otherwise one day You end up with Martial law and Blackwater marches into Washington toting 50. cal sniper rifles and APCs, with gunships overhead.

Naturally they'd also tote some propoganda, most likely along the lines of securing America for the freedom of it's people.

IT's part of the reason why i watch the issue of 'homogrown' terrorists with suspicion.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   

What really irritates me is the fact that these very same men have conditioned everyone to think "THEY'RE AGAINST US!" Their foreign policy has the political bodies all over the world thinking "THEY'RE AGAINST US." Creating the perfect environment to take away civil liberties and use the outside world's skepticism of our intentions against us. They've single handedly made us think we're all enemies, when we should all be united.

The xenophic outlook has got to end. Anything that is against "us" has proven to be within our borders, not outside.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Throbber

Good point Throbber. Don't even get me start on the whole Blackwater crap. I could just vomit in anger.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Unfortunately it wouldn't end with blackwater - the secret strategists from within would eventually have to do away with blackwater due to it's reputation as a combatant organisation, which, as leaders, wouldn't be in the interests of the american public.

So we'd have a game of musical chairs for a while - this guy ousts that guy, that guy assassinates this guy, some other guy comes in and kills everyone and takes over, and this would be repeated a few times until the American public didn't have a clue what was going on.

A bit like a warzone in some third world country, really.

Tis' just one of the problems of having an absolutely huge territory really - people can't keep an eye on one another.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Well the people that are actually against us i.e. terrorists have all been created by America at one point or another. The taliban where put into power by us. All the senior Taliban officials were on the US bankroll till the late 90's. Everyone in the world who hates us, has American weapons for a reason. We gave them to them, and then when we no longer continued to back them, they began to hate us for it. It's the same worldwide, our government gets nation gets other nations pissed off at each other, provides weapons to the lesser of two evils, and then when it comes back and bites us in the ass.... the government whines about how we are the innocent victims. Screw that, you are absolutely right, the xenophobia has to go, along with the U.S. government's selfishness, shortsightedness, and continued idiotic behavior.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Throbber

But I ask you esteemed debating partner... if that were to occur, the musical chairs hypothesis, that is... wouldn't such governmental instability provide more of an opportunity for the general public to seize control of the government which is rightfully ours to begin with?

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   

No doubt we've created our "shadow men" that we can call on at any time to influence public opinion one way or another. I was watching a VLOG about the effects of the Iraqi occupancy and the rising tensions in the middle east on Pakistan. They went into several areas and everywhere they went, they had a general consensus of "Your government created Al Qaeda! We are not them! We are not!"

I'm sure there's some sort of "insurgency," but that stems from the regional Jihad, rather than it does an organizations agenda to eliminate U.S. forces. Who can you really trust though? We have SAS agents running around in traditional clothing trying to incite a riot. Believe nothing, decipher everything.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I don't understand how this didn't get more attentions..

This is the god# boogey man they've been shoving in your face day in and day out. If this doesn't have any relevance to everyday life, I DON'T KNOW WHAT DOES. Your fear is manufactured, and now there's proof of that.

Anybody out there?!

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I'm no fan of Rumsfeld but in all fairness in this case the former Sectary(SP?) of Defence is just pointing out the fact that people need to understand that Islamic extremism is a global problem. There are Islamic extremists in Somalia, , Philippines and Indonesia . For some reason this doesn't suit the agendas of those who have posted on this thread.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   
There are most certainly islamic extremists worldwide. They are going to be/are a problem. This doesn't excuse the personal responsibility of our own government to act in an appropriate manner.

Sorry for disappearing on you DeadFlagBlues, this thread does deserve attention.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris1953
There are most certainly islamic extremists worldwide. They are going to be/are a problem. This doesn't excuse the personal responsibility of our own government to act in an appropriate manner.

I never said that it did . I really am failing to grasp what the point of this thread because there is no way of knowing the full extend of what context they were written in or who there exact recipients were. The original source is the Washington Post which would have to be something along the lines of a left wing version of Fox News. That is about all I can say on the matter.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join