It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mom Died So Lights Out!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
This is something that is really weird. My mother died five years ago. I was in Reno, Nevada and she was basicaly 300 miles away. I was in a hotel room with all the lights on including the bathroom watching television at 1:00 am. Instantly all the lights blinked out. I checked them all and the fillaments were burnt. I thought of a power surge, but the t.v. did not flicker when then lights wen't out, so the t.v. didn't feel a surge. I looked outside and tried to turn the porch light on and it didn't either, but the room next to me was on. I also could see that the rooms lights had not been effected either, so that means the beaker box wasn't shorting out.

This was weird, but I really didn't care but to call for new lightbulbs throughout the whole room. I got called the next morinning by my sister saying that mom had passed away lastnight. I asked when was the time and she said 1:00 am!

So weird, do you beleive that this is some type of message or sign?

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Maybe a sign that is definately weird though.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MrMysticism

All I can say - all ANYONE can say, really - is that things like that have happened to God knows how many people around the world...
(The story about Carnarvon and the blackout in Cairo still makes me laugh every time.
)

Personally, I don't feel it's a good idea to invite "explanations" because they are bound to be misleading at best.
The only accurate and WISE "explanation" at this time is that we simply do not know why it happens, or how. And reason (as in ratio, the intellect) is certainly not the light that could illuminate such questions - not as it is now. How could it? We don't even have the parametres to establish any kind of explanation. In fact, many self-styled "intellectuals" would even doubt that it happened at all, or that it even COULD possibly have any correlation with your mother's passing.

Anyway, I have heard at least two cases which followed an almost identical scenario (lights) - and I know of countless others where other objects were involved.

But even if the exact "cause" (reason) of the event or the possible correlation with your mother's passing escapes us, the phenomenon really shouldn't surprise us at all. Surely even the "establishment" is by now slowly warming up to the concept that consciousness is non-local. Certainly time/space is not what it seems.

And isn't it good to know that?

[edit on 31-10-2007 by Vanitas]

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Funny you should post this OP. My brother and I were at my Mom's house a day after her death and experienced a 'brown out'. All power failed except for a 60 watt bulb in the basement that could not be turned off, the only thing still powered up in the house. It was not at full power. I went to 3 neighbor houses and they were all down July 7, 2003. This bulb emitted light much to our amazement, freaked us both the heck out. Totally out of the realm of my knowledge base.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
That's why I wrote this. To hear if other people have experienced something like this.

Plus I welcome all suggestions, ideas or theories! My mother passing is beside me so I'm psychologically strong!

I was kinda thinking that she wanted to show me that there is an afterlife of some sort. She was very religious and wanted me to believe alot of what she believed.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
We got the same feeling OP. That which should not be, was be. A message in the bottle so to say. From the 'other' side.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrMysticism
That's why I wrote this. To hear if other people have experienced something like this.

Not that exactly the only thing I've seen was it was around the time my grandmother died and I was in the bathroom and nobody else was in the house. Anyway I heard a picture fall and it was hers it fell from 5 feet but the glass in the picture wasn't broken. I've had some other weird experiences too. When my aunt died I saw three orbs this was within a week she died I believe and there were three orbs different color and I was coming into my room and once I saw them they fewl through me and that was it. I actually jumped back and got myself ready to get hit. The other one was my cousin or somebody that was related to me died pretty fast from a aneurysm which nobody knew he had anyway for the next two days I actually felt him in my room I didn't know him or anything but I honestly felt him floating right above my bed. After the two days though the feeling was gone and I haven't felt it again.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 03:40 AM
link   
The same thing happened when my grandmother died. I know I'm risking ridicule saying this, but it WAS the spirit of your mother. The deceased seem to find it very easy to interfere with electricals, and lights seem to be a favourite. They cannot say "I'm ok, please don't worry about me", so they do this instead.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I'm an expert at residential electrical and know the basic of electronics, so I can analyze most things that happen and when you see that this thing didn't happen that mean this. Plus I have experience in hotel maintenance supervisor. Cause and effect analysis is what I'm good at!

In my Reno hotel experience there was no logic in any of the events. If you think about it, it does seem logical that another force can control electrical forces!

As far as ridicule. Just because someone disputes what you are saying doesn't make them correct. In many cases it just makes them desparate and insecure. (That's if you see them going from post to post disputing everyone.)

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by MrMysticism

That's interesting. My mother had lung cancer. She was on the verge of dying when my sister, who was helping me, went to work one day... My sister worked in a bar about 30 miles away. Anyway, as me and my niece and nephew stood vigil over my mother, my sister was working at the bar.

My sister closed the bar down at 8:00. She told everyone that they had to leave... She claims that she turned around at one point, and mother was standing there, smiling. It shook my sister up so much, she came home. My mother died a couple of days later.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I had a strange experience when I was informed that my mom had just been rushed to the hospital.

I was at home with my wife. We were in the living room watching TV on a Saturday morning. My cell phone was on the charger, the ringer was set to vibrate only.

The cell phone rang! I answered it, my brother was telling me that they had just taken mom to the emergency room and that she isn't doing too well. We spoke for a few minutes and I decided to get ready to make the trip to KY to be with the family.

Once I was off the phone, I start gathering things, and turned to my wife and said "my cell phone rang didn't it?" She said "yeah, why?".
I replied, "well it was on vibrate only". "Nah, you're mistaken" she said.

I went over to the phone and checked and it was on vibrate only. I checked and double checked.

I told her hmm, thats odd, I guess "someone" really wanted to make sure that I got that call.

We didn't have a home phone then, just always used my cell phone. I'm glad we had it.

As I'm packing some clothes, my cell phone rings again, it's my brother, Mom is being rushed into emergency surgery and I need to get there quickly, they're not sure if she's going to make it.

I made the 5 hour trip, she was just coming out of surgery, got to talk to her for a couple of minutes, then she got really bad and 5 days later we lost her.

Still very interesting about the phone and all...

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Just found this thread and I gotta add my experience.

When my mother died I was in hospital with her. My brother, whom we for domestic reasons didn't have any contact with at the time, later told me that the night she died his doorbell rang three times. Each time he went out of bed and opened, but there was nobody there.

Sure, there's something more between heaven and earth. Especially about this thing we call electricity, which we use in so many ways, but have no real understanding of the nature of.

top topics

join